NBRSA Nationals!

Full Sptr 100 Results

Also from today. Gary reports that conditions have been light to med winds 5 to 15+ with some good switches thrown in. Temps over 100 by mid afternoon with very low humidity.

Attachments

• Sptr100.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 700
  • Sptr100.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 324
Also from today. Gary reports that conditions have been light to med winds 5 to 15+ with some good switches thrown in. Temps over 100 by mid afternoon with very low humidity.

When a 32 agg puts you in 80th place at a Nationals, there must have been some really good shooting!!

Thanks Scott for the updates, I'm one of those that can't make it for one or more reasons, but I have some friends shooting there. Well done.

Dan Honert:)

Dan and Centerfire

I appreciate the thoughts but I gotta tell you Gary Ocock is behind this. I was supposed to be there too but I had to cancel a few weeks ago due to work. After the initial shock-anger-depression cycle wore off and I decided to just be happy I have a job with a work load in this economy, Gary told me that my registration refund depended on me helping him get these results out. So he's holding my registration fee for ransom! :)

The funny thing about this is when I'm in the middle of these matches, I'm usually so beat down that I don't pour over these results at night. I just want to clean guns, prep brass, and go find a hole to climb into till the morning. And when I get the report at home, I'm so tired of shooting that I just sort of skim it. But now that I have some time and energy to look at these as they come in, they're rather interesting. You can see how almost everyone has a big group now and then. You can see how a person at the top in one yardage isn't necessary doing that well in another yardage. And you'll probably find the people who do well in the 2, 3 and 4 guns are shooting very consistently and might not necessary wipe 'em off the face of the map in any particular yardage. People will sometimes dominate a match like Harley Baker did this summer at the IBS nats, but in general, the old "agg 'em to death" strategy will probably be alive and well. We all know that when we shoot a really bad group, or more importantly a really good group, we should just forget it and move on. Looking at these reports really illustrates that.

We should have the 200s and grands out for the LV and SPTR tonight or early tomorrow. Unless Gary decides he'd rather bag this match and go wonder around in the desert east of Phoenix looking for the Lost Dutchman mine. So keep him in mind and thank him if you get the chance. Running these matches is just a monumental task and we are lucky to have a few people like him around the country (and world) who are willing to step up and do so.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks, Scotty

Thanks for the results in such a timely manner. Wish you were there so we could get some of your highly regarded "color comentary". I know YOU wish you were there too, but somebody has to keep the satelites higher than the DOW.:(
Bryan

More Photos

Tony Boyer & Don Nielson Shooting Sporter 200
DSC01051.jpg

The Firing Line
DSC01053.jpg

Lou Murdica & Gary Ocock becoming one with the wind :D
DSC01056.jpg

One of the loading areas.
DSC01052.jpg

Jay Lynn Gore, Buddy, you shot a .211 agg. which was good enough for your first point. Too bad one group was on somebody else target. I feel for you Bud, Kick butt the last 2 days.
Butch

Full Sporter 200 Results

Gary reports that: "Conditions for the 200s were 5 to 18 mph winds, switching very quickly, light mirage and mostly a tail wind. Forecast doesn't look as promising tomorrow though."

In fact, the report I see is calling for winds from the SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Oh boy, here they go.

Attachments

• Sptr200.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 566
  • Sptr200.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Full LV 200 Results

It would appear Wayne has 200 yards figured out. Nice job man....

Attachments

• LV200.pdf
    11.8 KB · Views: 594
  • LV200.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 241
Ditto

Looks Like Wayne is going strong.

That is terrible about Jay Lynn. I recall a story about a well known shooter from a little town over by Rosenburg Texas doing the same thing a number of years back. Seems he shook it off and went on to greater things.........jackie

Poor Jay Lynn..... I know just how he feels, exactly! LOL...

Yep, Pat, there are two kinds of benchrest shooters, those who have crossfired and those who will. I've been lucky enough so far that it has only been on a sighter target. I was shooting next to Red Cornelison at Luther one year and he calmly said "Mike, you had better check your competitor number." I had put a couple of shots on his sighter. He never said another word about it.

Back