NBRSA Nationals!

Harley Baker

Just heard Harley won the HV 100 yd with a .1470. Good shooting Harley and another HOF point.:D

Harley! Keep it up. Guess the drive was worth it. :)

I just got off the phone with Harley. He shot well in nasty conditions. Krupa was 2nd with a .16xx. For you inquiring minds he was shooting: BAT/Krieger/Leonard/133/Barts BT/Wayne Campbell chamber. He said all three of his rifles are working well and had one tuned with 8208 as well.

Forecast for tomorrow's HV200:Highs in the lower 70s with 20-30 mph winds with gusts to 40mph. Should be mighty interesting.

Jeff

Last edited:
Even more photos

Ed Maxwell, his son Thomas and Gary Ocock getting ready for the days competition.
DSC01058.jpg

The humble loading table of one of the best shooters on the planet. You've got to ask yourself - do we really need a bunch of stuff to shoot well?
DSC01059.jpg

Bill Mellor telling Dan Lutke and Lou Murdica that he "loves the smell of Hoppe's in the morning".
DSC01065.jpg

A gathering of interested shooters looking at a nude photo of Tom Libby:eek:
DSC01066.jpg

It's trophy time! Notice the shooters in the background still looking at the nude photo of Libby:rolleyes:
DSC01071.jpg

Gary presiding over the trophy presentations.
DSC01074.jpg

Tough Tony Boyer wins too much stuff to mention. What he does not win, Campbell, Ratigan, Costa & Huckeba did:D
DSC01079.jpg

Tom Libby getting one of his two Top 20 patches. One for finishing 13th in the LV/Sporter grand; the other for finishing 10th in the nude shooter contest;)
DSC01093.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics Jeff. I especially like the one of the ferocious looking guard dog protecting the trophies!

Full HV100 Results

Todays report is attached. We had a data error (must be Obama's gang jamming any gun related Internet traffic coming out of Arizona) so the sptr/lv grands and 2 gun will be delayed until tomorrow. Sorry 'bout that.

Gary writes: "It was breezy/windy today. No real fast switches but some angle changes. Winds were estimated to be 18+ mph at times. Sat 200 HV is forecasted to be Cactus-like. Our only hope is that it comes from the South as it did most of the time today."

And in the middle of that, Harley shoots like he's in a 50 yard tunnel. They'd better have that boy tested for benchrest steroids. We'll put Wayne on the list from yesterday too. Wow.

Attachments

• HV100.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 602
  • HV100.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 256
Great pics Jeff. I especially like the one of the ferocious looking guard dog protecting the trophies!

That is Doris' dog. While I don't have a name, she said the dog hates men - except for Lester. The dog was definately doing guard duty on all that hardware.

Full Sporter Grand Results

That's it for the sporter.

Attachments

• SptrGrand.pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 435
  • sptrGrand.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 197
Full HV200 and Grand Results

Gary reports the HV finished up today in winds 15-20 mph from the SW to West and they never lost a target (NO STAPLES EITHER).

Sounds like thier new target frames did the job, thanks much to you guys who are keeping the Ben Avery range going.

Attachments

• HV200.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 431
  • HV200.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 204
  • HVGrand.pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 476
  • HVGrand.txt
    11 KB · Views: 204
Full 2 and 3 Gun Results

The end is near....

Attachments

• 2Gun.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 514
  • 2Gun.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 3Gun.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 3Gun.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 235
Full 4 Gun Results

This is it, the LV grand is in the works. Hopefully, this all came out right. Congrats to all you guys who worked so hard to shoot so well in a tough place. Tony, you once again proved why you're the king of this sport.

Scott

Attachments

• 4Gun.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 392
  • 4Gun.pdf
    11.1 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Rodney Brown

Thanks!! Scott for the match report.Looks like our friend Rodney did pretty well.

Loren, yeah Mr. Rodney Brown did himself quite proud this week. He hasn't been shooting all that long and he really hung in there all week. I'm happy for him. Maybe he'll rub off on us :)

-- Scott

Scott and Jeff, thanks so much for the work you guys did to keep us posted with standings and photos.

Grats to all the winners.

Tony hasn't retired yet has he?? And his adopted son is doing well also.

Thanks for the updates.

Scott, those of us who could not attend the Nationals really appreciate your efforts in keeping us posted. It looks like Tony still has the competitive fires burning. He is amazing for his shooting ability, and also for his tutoring of many of our top shooters today. I am looking forward to reading his book. James

Full LV Grand Results

And the prodigal LV Grand son returns home. I think that's a wrap for the match reports.

This last qualification match means the US World Team can now be worked for final selection so there is more riding on this then HOF points. So congrats and good luck to all you future US Team WBC guys and gals too.

Thanks all,

Scott Smallwood

Attachments

• LVGrand.pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 374
  • LVGrand.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Back