Luby,s Cafeterias.....you just lost my business.

Jackie, thanks for posting those 2 laws, it sure would or will make a difference for me if I am ever in Texas.
Has there ever been any challenge to change those laws by ccw license holders in Texas? If we are on private property with concealed weapon, and the property owner notices you are carrying, and asks you to leave, if you don’t leave then your in violation of trespassing and can be cited for that.
Do you see a lot of these signs on private businesses down there? In reading this it looks like the signs are 2’X4’!

You see a lot more of these signs than you would think in the largest city in Texas, of all places.

Just about all industrial areas have them, such as refinerys, shipyards, fab shops, intrances to the port, etc. Our major cutting tool supplier has the 3007, (open carry prohibited). You do many more 3007 signs than 3006.

I really do not notice them unless my wife is with me. She carries, I don't.

Yea!

My wife and I went to a Luby’s Cafeteria last eavning. I had my IPad, and we were going to look at something on Benchrest.com.

I logged into their WiFi, and guess what. Their server banned the Site because it is firearm related.

I found the Manager and politely informed him that while we were long time customers, we would not be back.

You have to take a stand somewhere.

For what it’s worth, Good on you Sir! The time to stand up for what you believe in is never better than today.

A CC is just that, CC. Don't ask, don't tell.:cool:
What sign? I don't see no stinken sign.:p

That is not the attitude that the State of Texas wants those who are granted concealed carry permits to have.

The State has determined that individules have the right to carry. But in the same breath,
they also say that a private entity can ban firearms on their property by following the correct guidelines as set forth by both the State's 30.06 and 30.07 statutes.

The offense of ignoring a properly formatted 30.06 or 30.07 sign is a Class C Misdomeanor, if you give them any flack you just got bumped to a Class A, which can land you in jail.

Our choice as responsible gun owners is obey the law. We have the right to refuse to deal with any private entity that decides to ban carry on their premis.

It comes down to personal choice within the confines of the State Laws.

That's interesting. I suspect many more husbands carry than do wives and that puzzles me because, generally speaking, women are more vulnerable than men.

Statistics would probably confirm your suspicions regarding men vs women who carry. The problem with that kinda thinking, in the State of Texas, is, you just never know who might be packing. Personally speaking,I would not want Marilyn Schmidt shooting at me.

Glenn

Iowa laws are similar to Texas' as far as carrying. The last I knew if you were carrying and went in a place of business that was posted as no carry you are ok unless they asked you to leave. If you don't leave, you are breaking the law. We also have open carry, which I'm not big on.

There's people carrying in our church and if they ban guns, I'll find a different church.

Later
Dave

Last edited:
Iowa laws are similar to Texas' as far as carrying. The last I knew if you were carrying and went in a place of business that was posted as no carry you are ok unless they asked you to leave. If you don't leave, you are breaking the law. We also have open carry, which I'm not big on.

There's people carrying in our church and if they ban guns, I'll find a different church.

Later
Dave

I don't know why anyone would open carry. Why advertise or give away your secrets? If I was intent on robbing you and knew you carried [open or concealed] that would change my approach. Since you don't know my intentions, I'd always have the drop on you.

That is not the attitude that the State of Texas wants those who are granted concealed carry permits to have.

The State has determined that individules have the right to carry. But in the same breath,
they also say that a private entity can ban firearms on their property by following the correct guidelines as set forth by both the State's 30.06 and 30.07 statutes.

The offense of ignoring a properly formatted 30.06 or 30.07 sign is a Class C Misdomeanor, if you give them any flack you just got bumped to a Class A, which can land you in jail.

Our choice as responsible gun owners is obey the law. We have the right to refuse to deal with any private entity that decides to ban carry on their premis.

It comes down to personal choice within the confines of the State Laws.

The last thing a local deputy used to tell people before he handed over a CC permit was "Don't ever give me a reason to take it away."

IT IS PRETTY SIMPLE
open carry is legal in several states
WITH NO PERMIT!
I don't know why anyone would open carry. Why advertise or give away your secrets? If I was intent on robbing you and knew you carried [open or concealed] that would change my approach. Since you don't know my intentions, I'd always have the drop on you.

just because you do not understand, does not make it "un -smart".
very common in some states...like az where i am.
legal in utah, and colorado tho denver thinks they are special and does not like it.

Just because something is allowed and legal doesn't mean that it's smart to do it.

just because you do not understand, does not make it "un -smart".
very common in some states...like az where i am.
legal in utah, and colorado tho denver thinks they are special and does not like it.

Of course I understand. It's legal to open carry here [with a permit], but I can't think of a good reason why I'd want to.

again, you are a party of ONE, and 45 STATES allow open carry.
there maybe a reason
( some require permits, most do not, some do not allow it to be loaded.

may i suggest that you start a new thread to discuss this.
Of course I understand. It's legal to open carry here [with a permit], but I can't think of a good reason why I'd want to.

again, you are a party of ONE, and 45 STATES allow open carry.
there maybe a reason
( some require permits, most do not, some do not allow it to be loaded.

may i suggest that you start a new thread to discuss this.

I'm done. Frankly, I wouldn't want to deal with the aftermath of having to use it.

I'd say open carry is an IQ indicator as far as I'm concerned.

Also, only Barney Fife runs around with an unloaded gun, well close anyhow. You might as well leave it at home.

I'm with antelope, would not want to deal with aftermath, even though Iowa now has Stand Your Ground.

Dave

Last edited:
Back