Calfee Sporter

You can get about the same contour from every maker. It's like trying to patent a pipe. Now the bore, that's different 5c, ratchet, you know the gimmicks. But how do you patent a pipe?

If that works it's undeniable isn't it Jettmugg. I doubts about you for a while, but you have some insight. Glad you agree.

one thing bill had failed to mention

during the testing 2 yrs ago is that you will never be able to acheive what he is saying with a multi piece tuners ,it has to be all one piece.it has nothing to do with threading or distorting the bore but with anything attached to the muzzle whether it be glued or screwed on will cause high frequency ripples ,these ripples will cause the groups to open up between the larger velocity extremes.if bill had done it before he should have warned us when he challanged us to prove him right , but he didnt. tim in tx

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the multiple piece tuners don't work? They have to be one piece like on th sporters?

squatty sir

multiple piece tuners work just fine, the width of the tune with multiple part tuner can widen a tune to 23 degrees which is better then a 10 degree loss of tune without the tuner,but to have a tune 30 degrees or no tune or adjustment needed as calfee speaks of it needs to be one piece.hope this helps sir. tim in tx

I've watched all these tuner threads and conducted my own layman experiments and pretty much come to the conclusion that all a tuner does is decrease vertical. That is, it's just a weight. I think it needs to be towards the front of the barrel but I don't think you change a heck of a lot even if you move it an inch.

Oh No! flashback horrors." It is just a weight". Where have I seen that?
Isn't that what the pre-quell to Beau used to claim?
Is Squatty another resurrection of the Beau personality?
Too much coincidence to overlook
Don

I have found so far if I select the correct weight moving the tuner makes very little difference in vertical displacement. Makes me think it is the weight.
Fred K

Oh No! flashback horrors." It is just a weight". Where have I seen that?
Isn't that what the pre-quell to Beau used to claim?
Is Squatty another resurrection of the Beau personality?
Too much coincidence to overlook
Don

I just made an obdservation. It's my opinion nobody has to except it.

here is a test for you squatty

adjust your verticle out at 80 degrees,with one load then shoot it at 50 degrees and watch what happens.jerry sherret made a good point a tuner adjust for that moment at that condition,he was right.i have not seen a single person shooting rimfire step forward and claim a stopped muzzle with rimfire or centerfire[never adjust at any temp] not even calfee owners with adjustable tuners and i know why.i hope it works out for everybody but the truth is here to stay. tim in tx

This may sound dumb, but what do you mean by degrees? Mine only has numbers and they're not marked in 360 degrees if that's what you're saying.

So, the multiple piece tuners don't work? They have to be one piece like on th sporters?
Several of the Sporter competitions do not allow add on tuners - so in order to tune one it has to be an integral part of the barrel profile.

squatty sir

i am speaking of temperature changes sorry i should have said that way. tim in tx

Makes sense. I should have thought that way. So temperature makes a big change?

No. His Tuners are proven....His theories still need a lot of work, cause there are LOTS of questions.

His tuners are developed on his theories regardless of how they are worded. Tuners work; theory proven.

Tim

adjust your verticle out at 80 degrees,with one load then shoot it at 50 degrees and watch what happens.jerry sherret made a good point a tuner adjust for that moment at that condition,he was right.i have not seen a single person shooting rimfire step forward and claim a stopped muzzle with rimfire or centerfire[never adjust at any temp] not even calfee owners with adjustable tuners and i know why.i hope it works out for everybody but the truth is here to stay. tim in tx

I think Harry Deneen kept his tuner taped in the same position on his Suhl for about 5 years. He did pretty good, I hear.

Back