Are "black rifles" allowed

There are no rules prohibiting "tube guns" from competing in HV, LV, and Sporter, as long as the stock meets the dimensions, and the barrel is within the profile as set forth by the rules.........jackie

Agreed.

In fact I think there are already a few being used in the 600/1000 yard and F-Class BR competitions, from some of the competition photos that have seen over the last couple of years...............Don

So what in your opinion would be the best barrel contour, length and chambering? I know I am opening up a can of worms here but, how far will it go, 30BR for cutting lines? 6mms for distance? or will most just stay with a .223 for ease and enjoyment?

So what in your opinion would be the best barrel contour, length and chambering? I know I am opening up a can of worms here but, how far will it go, 30BR for cutting lines? 6mms for distance? or will most just stay with a .223 for ease and enjoyment?

I would argue that it is anyone's guess at this point. No real BR development has been done yet.

I would argue that it is anyone's guess at this point. No real BR development has been done yet.

excuse me..over 10 years of part time work on three br ar's..a 22. a 6 and a 30
plus what the other mike has been doing...

mike in co

Mike...

mike in co

how have they shot and fared in sanctioned NBRSA or IBS group or score competition? Wins, shows, places, whaterver quantitative info you can share. Tks

how have they shot and fared in sanctioned NBRSA or IBS group or score competition? Wins, shows, places, whaterver quantitative info you can share. Tks
bottom line i have beaten 6ppc's in CLUB MATCHES.

they are still in development( it is a part time effort)....but now that ibs has opened the door there is a posibility of the 22 going to a match, possiblity of the 30 also.

i can get the 22 and the 30 under .2.......
pull your head out of the sand there is more to br shooting than just ibs/nbrsa sanctioned matches.

no flames will be answered...we have been thru this before....

you asked i answered, end.

mike in co

bottom line i have beaten 6ppc's in CLUB MATCHES.

they are still in development( it is a part time effort)....but now that ibs has opened the door there is a posibility of the 22 going to a match, possiblity of the 30 also.

i can get the 22 and the 30 under .2.......
pull your head out of the sand there is more to br shooting than just ibs/nbrsa sanctioned matches.

no flames will be answered...we have been thru this before....

you asked i answered, end.

mike in co
So Mike you are Pro AR, will most guys go to the extreme to be competitive or will they IYO stick with a .223 and take a more relaxed approach? Also IYO will it bring in new shooters?

I put Mike in Co on my ignore list about a week ago, but unfortunately, if an ignored member is quoted by another, the drivel still shows up. Is there another way to go about this that would make it so I don't have to see his postings???

I put Mike in Co on my ignore list about a week ago, but unfortunately, if an ignored member is quoted by another, the drivel still shows up. Is there another way to go about this that would make it so I don't have to see his postings???

thanks for your continued support of the ultimate in rifle accuracy......

thanks for wasting more of wilbur's bandwith.

its nice to see such positive attidudes .

ya have a nice day

mike in co

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mike you are Pro AR, will most guys go to the extreme to be competitive or will they IYO stick with a .223 and take a more relaxed approach? Also IYO will it bring in new shooters?

go look on the competition page....they are already talking about custom chamberings....one guy showed up with a luepold 45x scope.....
no limits

my opinion is that in the future there will be a weight limit on 223 chambered rifles and an open class.

mike inc o

In the IBS, ARs compete against ARs, not anything else. Match results will provide a little data, or perhaps only a trend, once a number of matches have been shot.

The AR I shot on Sunday will normally shoot pretty well. On Sunday, I was happy when I could keep them within the 9 ring. I was wondering if the guy on bench 10 has loosened up my scope mounts. Things change on match day when the timer is running and the teenager next to you is kicking the stink out of you.

It's going to take time and resources to figure this thing out. In the meantime, invite your kids, family and friends to bring out their ARs.

Adrian

Yah, that teenager is looking for you this Sunday! He thinks better ammo will tighten his groups.

mike in co

So go forth...Compete in registerd matches...and teach those that desire to learn!
Nothing like a true 1/8 inch black rifle! :cool:
Mark

So go forth...Compete in registerd matches...and teach those that desire to learn!
Nothing like a true 1/8 inch black rifle! :cool:
Mark

your missing the point...i'll go when i'm ready and not before.

and definitly not at the demand of a couple closed minded fools.

my rifle, my time plan

not before

mike in co
ps i did not say 1/8..i said under .2...so much closer to 3/16....lol

your missing the point...i'll go when i'm ready and not before.

and definitly not at the demand of a couple closed minded fools.

my rifle, my time plan

not before

mike in co
ps i did not say 1/8..i said under .2...so much closer to 3/16....lol

JMO but thats a poor attitude.
Unless somethings changed without my knowing (happens everyday) The IBS AR class is a one year trial basis.
Folks like you who need to pack up those guns and bring them to registered matches to support the idea. If every AR shooter sits home because they think their rifle will be more competitive next year the opportunity will be lost.

The future of this class is here now today. If it fails now it'll be a real long time before anyone asks if your ready to try again.

I for one know all about competing without being prepared:D

Good Point

I believe Both Sanctioning Bodies have taken a big step foward. The NBRSA in giving Varmint for Score a one year trial run, and the IBS for giving AR based Rifle a venue to compete in the Benchrest Format, be it Score or Group.

As I stated in a post concerning the NBRSA's move. The Sanctioning Body has done it's part, Ranges and Match Directors are stepping forward with Matches, it is now up to the Shooters.

If the Shooters do not put forth the effort to attend Matches and support the overall effort, it will simply die on the vine.

AR Shooters, now is the time to step up to the plate...........jackie

JMO but thats a poor attitude.
Unless somethings changed without my knowing (happens everyday) The IBS AR class is a one year trial basis.
Folks like you who need to pack up those guns and bring them to registered matches to support the idea. If every AR shooter sits home because they think their rifle will be more competitive next year the opportunity will be lost.

The future of this class is here now today. If it fails now it'll be a real long time before anyone asks if your ready to try again.

I for one know all about competing without being prepared:D

your making comments with little knowledge. there are two different guns being spoken of: ar's and my benchrest ar's

my ar's are purpose built benchrest rifles. only one has a gas system at this time. one could have a system added. the 6 beggs has no provision for a gas system.
i have not taken them to a registered benchrest match( not an ar match) because they are not ready..more stock work is just one item. i have shot them in club matches and have done well.
if the ibs has a match anywhere near me i will make every attempt to go...but i work on weekends..not every but some and it is my only source of income...so it aint always possible.

before making statements about me and my rifles...go do a search do some reading and see what is going on.

i live in colorado..so i'll ask again where is the closest match ???

mike in co

my ar's are purpose built benchrest rifles. only one has a gas system at this time. one could have a system added. the 6 beggs has no provision for a gas system.

Mike,

are you running pistons?? I would think the gas system would be the way to go for accuracy and less recoil.

Did you figure out a recoil operated system with no gas port at all??

pf

Mike

Your right, my Apologies. It seems the only IBS affiliated range in Colorado shoots IBS 1000yds only. Seeing as you work most weekends I quess it would'nt make sense to get involved and try to bring IBS short range BR to that club or any other.

As for where the closest IBS match is to you. I'll let you conduct that search.
I feel safe in assuming it won't be just down the road a lil bit;)

Good Luck with your endeavors.

Back