What thing(s) you do not like on the seb rest?

Counter Balance

Seb
I made my counter balance fron stainless round stock.
Kenny

I tried early on to buy one directly . My bank refused to send money to that country so that was all I needed to know.

Thanks, Pete.:)
It perhaps just a "bad luck?"....because I received funds from about 20 countries (including the USA), from different banks, without any problem.
seb.

I had the same problem with my front bag. I epoxied the holes along the stitcing. Also, I completely stitched up one side and made the opening smaller on the opposite end by stitching that too. Hope this helps with future improvements. :)

Francis: :(

Thanks, abintx :)
can you send your bag to Ernie and I will replace yours with a new one.
seb.

Thanks for the inputs, Don.:)
How about to send your coaxial unit to me? I will inspect yours myself and I promise to replace yours with a new one if I find a defect or so with your rest. I will pay the return shipping also (shipping cost from Indonesia to your address).
seb.

Seb,
Thanks for the offer. It's the kind of response I would expect from you. First class product and outstanding support. Before we go to the extreme of shipping, I'd like to try the counterweight, if you're still selling them. Do you still accept "Paypal" ? That's the easiest and safest way to send money.

Any chance you'll be at the Supershoot this year? If so, you could look at it there.

Appreciate your follow up on my problem. I'm sure it's not typical.
Don

After market tension screws

Seb,
Thanks for the offer. It's the kind of response I would expect from you. First class product and outstanding support. Before we go to the extreme of shipping, I'd like to try the counterweight, if you're still selling them. Do you still accept "Paypal" ? That's the easiest and safest way to send money.

Any chance you'll be at the Supershoot this year? If so, you could look at it there.

Appreciate your follow up on my problem. I'm sure it's not typical.
Don

I forgot the name of Seb's supplier that passed away in Ohio, but he offered a set of tension screws that took care of that problem. As for the counterweight, I had a piece of tubing about 6" long that fit the stud and I drilled and tapped one end for a set screw and added melted lead to the other end

Don,
Some "BWS" (balance weight system) will be sent to the US dealer Ernie Bishop on the next shipment (around first week of April) - so you can get it from him.
His email is ernieemily(at)yahoo.com

Unfortunately I can't go to the SS this year. Conflict of time,....and money!;)

My offer will still be valid anytime you wish.
A little "tip" about the BWS...you can set the tension a bit loose with the use of the BWS. Be sure though that the rest top doesn't move when you "shake" it (means that the tip of the tension screws still must "touching" the pressure plate inside..you can feel it when adjusting the screws).
Trust me, with proper counterweight your rest will 100% hold/stay - even during recoil! It would have smoother movements also.

Price?
BWS for gun under 20 lbs = around $ 15.00 (one piece, around 1 lbs)
BWS for gun 20 to 40 lbs = around $ 20.00 (one piece, around 3 lbs)
BWS for gun over 40 lbs = around $ 35.00 - or more (two pieces & adjustable, around 5 lbs or more)
Plus shipping.
Made from s/s round stock. Comes with s/s jam screw.
(That's the estimate USA pricing).

Remember, the BWS is basically a chunk of s/s. You can make a counter weight yourself for your seb rest if you have access to a lathe.

seb.

Last edited:
I forgot the name of Seb's supplier that passed away in Ohio, but he offered a set of tension screws that took care of that problem. As for the counterweight, I had a piece of tubing about 6" long that fit the stud and I drilled and tapped one end for a set screw and added melted lead to the other end

Paul Schmid.
(Paul & I invented the BWS when making/modifying a rest for the "Fist of God" sometime ago at the SS 2008. But I will give the credit to Him!!!)

That's a great BWS, Jerry. You're the man.:)

Attached here a "manual sheet" for adjusting tension on your seb rest.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about your seb rest. Or post your question here.

seb.
sebastianlambang(at)yahoo.com
change the "(at)" with "@"

Attachments

• SEB REST MANUAL SHEET (Sept. 2008).doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,448
Last edited:
Seb ...

Thanks, abintx :)
can you send your bag to Ernie and I will replace yours with a new one.
seb.

No need to replace it. It's working fine with my Cowan Rest. I hope the comments I made will generate some thought toward future improvements. I like a company that thinks up stream. Keep up the innovations. :)

No need to replace it. It's working fine with my Cowan Rest. I hope the comments I made will generate some thought toward future improvements. I like a company that thinks up stream. Keep up the innovations. :)

I would like to thanks you for your valuable input!
Can you email me your address?
seb.

I will admit

Thanks, Pete.:)
It perhaps just a "bad luck?"....because I received funds from about 20 countries (including the USA), from different banks, without any problem.
seb.

that my bank is a very conservative bank but I felt if they weren't willing to do the transaction to your country there was a pretty good reason for it.

Nothing personal and there are a lot of things about your rest that I find attractive but in this time of financial upheaval in this country and the unemployment rate at 10% and going up, we need to think about keeping our money in our country as much as we can. Francis is right on the mark as far as I am concerned with this issue. Our balance of trade has been "Over the Moon" for far too long and we need to get it back to where we can at least see it once again.

License someone in this country to make your rests and there won't be an issue then.

My buddy and I have two of the early Seb Rests.

They proved not to be "rock solid". We got them back to Seb and they were rebuild, at not cost to us, and seem to be much better now.

Craftsmanship on these rest are excellent. And Seb seems to to all possible to make up for any problems. One can not ask for more than this.

I still find the adjustements difficult and have trouble keeping the motion smooth. But then I have had similar issues with the other joy stick rest I have used.

Octopus

Pete

My bank denied a similar transaction. I was certain of the "recipient" and asked them to approve that transaction only. They agreed and asked if I wanted to allow any transaction.

There's some degree of safety within their madness....

Seb

It's a fine rest as is! Initially, I found the tension adjustment to be a bit "touchy" but David Reynolds gave me a quick class in how to use a stick rest and that's no longer an issue.

I was thinking more in line with big U.S. co's. Our industry is full of people who understand the right way of doing business

Thanks Jerry for the useful info.
I will ask Seb about the tension screws and will order a counterweight ($15) from Seb's current Rep ernieemily@yahoo.com
Don

License someone in this country to make your rests and there won't be an issue then.

It's only an issue because you make it one. If he had them made here he'd probably have to raise the price to a level where they wouldn't sell. And just why should he do that anyway. He's an entrepreneur in his own country and good for him. If you're so against him selling his product in this country why don't you start your own company and build a rest as good or better than his and sell it for less. That is the American way not freezing out competition.

Back