Sure name in the forum?

I have noticed a few times when I have looked, many of the profiles I have tried to see are blank. That might be a way to limit some of the posers, if you will, require that profiles be completed. There must be some sort of a filter system that can be employed.

Beyond that, it seemt to me there is a certain segment here who take pride in being different by saying, "neah neah ne neah" to everyone here. If it were up to me, they would be excluded. A number of folks have expressed paranoia about their identity being compramized. I say, you can't run away from life. If you're born to be shot, you won't be hung (by the neck). I would hate to think I had to live my life ducking behind anonymity to survive. I would not choose that as a way to exist nor would I expect to be included in the world where people are proud enough of their names to use themand suffer the consequences, if there are any, ever.

Last edited:
Folks we are in the Generation of NUMBERS not names. I have used the "Hippy" name since the late 60's. I am an ORGINAL survivor of Woodstock I typically Raise the water NOT lower the bridge . Not to be different just because that is the way I think.

I am often accused of having a ATTITUDE in my words I have a OPINION do not ask me for a answer if you do not want one.
We are in the world of PUTERS and all the great things that we can accomplish with them BUT we must remember there are some VERY bad things that computers are a tool for FACEBOOK-identity theft etc.

My profile mentions my REAL name and my location I am like most shooters a former MOTOR HEAD who is in their Twilight years trying to live a lifetime in the few years i have left on this earth.

Jim

Ummm, that's "lower the water, not raise the bridge" dude. :)

You really WERE at Yasgur's farm......

al

Hi GG,

Fortunately I'm glad that I know you mate.

Re: name.
'What's in it a name'. I would mind if you call me hey 'pig'! or hey 'SOB'! because my name is Seb.:D

seb.

Thanks Seb. Right back at ya my friend.:)
Say, are you flying here this year for the Super Shoot again?

GG, (I'll keep to call you GG as you use that stage name :D)

Sorry mate, my wife would kill me if I attend more matches this year.
Next Nov I'm going to shoot F-class in the UK for the first time.

It will be great to come to the USA/SS again, but honestly after Paul Schmid's passing it wouldn't be like before again. (sad!).

I will see if I can attend the SS 2014 because next year I'll concentrate with the WBC-12 in Sidney.

seb.

Wilbur sir, I forgot to tell you that I stole the idea to use real name in BRC from a shooting forum in Australia, as that's GOOD imo.

seb.

Hooch migrated over from paranoia.com

If one is that paranoid I have to assume they live in a cave or a basement ,grow their own foods, and receive no mail.

sure glad they don't allow basements in homes out here in the SO CAL desert. guess i'm not paranoid...

Although I don't post often, I learn from this Forum almost every day. It never occurred to me to use anything but the the name my parents gave me. It has worked quite well for many years.

You know, a lot of people in the Cemetary would be alive today had they been a little more paranoid.

James
And a lot of people sat in dark corners doing nothing because their paranoia got control of them. they may have lived longer but got no where fast. Handles protect you from NOTHING. Anyone who wants to can find your address from your postings and can have the info they want as a result. Once you post here or anywhere else you have left a trail that can be searched by someone who wants to. Don't delude yourself into thinking you are protected by some made up name. NOT!!!!! But you can lend a great deal of credibility to the site and to your comments by owning up to who you are and what you believe by using your family givin name. handles protect nothing, if someone really wants to search.

GG, (I'll keep to call you GG as you use that stage name :D)

Sorry mate, my wife would kill me if I attend more matches this year.
Next Nov I'm going to shoot F-class in the UK for the first time.

It will be great to come to the USA/SS again, but honestly after Paul Schmid's passing it wouldn't be like before again. (sad!).

I will see if I can attend the SS 2014 because next year I'll concentrate with the WBC-12 in Sidney.

seb.

Sorry to hear Seb. We definitely don't want your wife to do that! Good luck in your shooting this year.

Btw, I just checked if I could sign in using my real name and it was already taken by somebody who doesn't even visit this site very much! Oh well. I guess I can't be Gammon's friend. Maybe I should return my Gammon gun boot protector since I'm clearly not worthy to own it........................

79 posts in two days. Must be a hot topic! It appears to be split 50/50.
A re-occuring theme in this thread is that the folks who use their real names are proud of the fact that they are brave for doing so. And the guys who use handles are "paranoid". I say bullpucky on both accounts! You aren't brave for using your real name, you're just less cautious. And the handle users aren't paranoid, they're just more cautious. So can't we all just get along??????????? Like I said before, a jerk is a jerk no matter what he wants to be called or what his mother named him!

Gee Wilbur, reckon you could start another site? Maybe one where you can only use nicknames. Best of both worlds. Everyone's happy! If you want to use your real name then use it. If you don't want to then don't. And if you don't, it's absolutely NO BUSINESS of the ones that do. Have we come to be so opinionated that this is an issue? Really? I will tell you like I tell my students in my auto class. Put your bigboy panties on, grow up, and get over it. If this is all we got to talk here then things have gone south on this site. Goodgrouper nailed it with his last sentence by the way. And by the way, some of you that use your real names really ought to use a nickname. Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt and let everybody know your name in the process.

Hello this is Michael I would change my name but do not know how to go about it? Help

Hey Mick
You need to be signed in.
Reach up to the right corner and tap “ Settings”.
Now go over to the left side of the screen to the box “ My Settings”
Move down past “ My Profile” and tap “Edit Profile”.
Now in the box labeled “Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members.”
Here you will find a long box into which you can type what ever you wish, your name perhaps.
Now go to the bottom, right, of the page and tap “ Save Changes”.
What ever you typed into the box above will show up under your Screen Name when you post.

Hope this helps
Bob

Back