Growing the IBS

One of the iussues

I see is the "Helicopter" parents and kids trying to be constantly involved in sports and other activities. My parent's did not attend the sports or activities I was involved in School and we had only two sports to be involved in. That left time to hang with friends or to go fishing or hunting or some other meaningful hobbies. There wasn't a lot of homework when I went to school either. I almost always got my school work done in school. Of course we went a longer day than kids do today.

In my view, education departments have gone the wrong way with most of the things they have done. In particular, taking Shops out of schools for Computer Labs. They didn't realize kids would be able to learn electronic machines by age 5, did they? Our society continues to regress.

Pete

some times you narrow minded nor easterns are just humorus beyond belief.
Tell me what chance does a single item from outside have of getting passed ?? Zero nada zip....
I was not born yesterday.......
How about this...the current system does not work..it supports a small group of clubs from the noreast...it is not international..it cannot even support the views of the entire us of a.
Mike in co
must remember ibs ibs is the onl democratic organization in benchrst aql members can vote in others directors vote for members.and they dont always do that.thats w3hy it is better to have 2 organizatios.

we agree on this:eek:. To think an organization that touts using cutting edge, state of the art equipment is that far in the stone ages in terms of meetings and policy making is, well...ironic.
times andexpenes have changdmatch atenndice. Take a look at eastern region of nbrsa the atendance is60 ercent lower now than in 80s and so is their aqtendece at nov. Meeting and the regionals the problem isnt with ibs or nbrsa it with the people popen off that dont have much up stairs

Back