Capitol City, Maine 5-24-14 results

East Hampton, MA State Championship

Bill, I had considered attending the event. Then practicality set in. The day before the event I will be but 24 hours back in Maine, from a two week trip to Western Montana.

Thank you for the invite,

Klayton

Dave

Try this on for size ,A guy trolling for attaboys with a poor choice of bait.

Well guys the stage is set for a great state shoot. Coopers,Larson's VS the Eck's Gun

[=Mel Eck;734130]Try this on for size ,A guy trolling for attaboys with a poor choice of bait.[/QUOTE]

Gary Don"t be Confused

Your Coopers are not the Draw a MAINE LOBSTER is. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Coopers, Larsons...vrs. ECK rifles...... Can anyone say "Money Match" ?

Capitol City State Match

The Hill boys, young and old will be shooting. Had a good time last year. Who is supplying the lobster Pete or Gordon ?

I am no gunsmith

Pete, trust me, you're powers of psychoanalysis is right up there with your gunsmithing.

Nor are most of the folks who make rifles. Big difference in gun makers and gunsmiths and I understand the difference.

Pete

I plan to be @ both Bill

Some of us have a very competitive nature. When poked, don't be surprised if we poke back. If I didn't have one of my matches on the same date, I would be in Maine for the State Championships too. You all feel free to attend the State Championships in Easthampton MA or Salem NY.

I can shoot myself in the foot almost anywhere I go but I do win the odd match, even where I shouldn't sometimes. I have seen a lot of folks shoot well and not so well so I know the Human part plays in as well as Murphy. I hate to see folks saying, my ---- is bigger than yours, etc. A gentleman simply shows up and participates without thumping their chest or making fun of others. Nobody ever hurt anyone else's feelings or made themselves look bad by being a gentleman and somewhat humble, from what I have seen. This should all be about enjoyment. I don't enjoy big egos that much. There comes a point where a lot less is a lot more.

I will go to these matches to have fun and enjoy the experience. If I shoot 230's that will be fine with me, same as it is everywhere else. I fed my ego long ago, as I have said previously. I don't have the need to do it any longer. Matches need few Field Fillers, eh?

Pete

Last edited:
Melvin Didnt shoot that match.....Gordon does not dwell on his shooting, His main concern is seeing his rifles do well, as they always do! The shooters of his fine rifles have Always their "A" game on. FYI. Ed Longo. NY. PS....Gordon usually throws a rifle together from bench parts, just to play for a day or two.........and even that would put a quick SPANKIN on any cooper or Larson toy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking the shoot results a Wallkill Rod & Gun Club for the 6/1/2014 shoot and was checking how the Eck's brothers did in the Sporter Class Gordon Eck was 9th with 238 In the 10.5 class Gordon Eck was 10th with a 245 and in the 13.5 class Gordon Eck was 12th with 239. I didn't see any results for Mel Eck.
I would say that when they come to Maine they will need there "A" game on if they want to compete with The Coopers & Larson guns. Because they will need 250's and a high X count.

Gary, so is it A game that you are looking for? What is it they say about being careful what you ask for?

Maine saying-

We have a saying here in Maine: Don't poke the Bear.

Gary

Now that you are calling me out lets both put up 1000 dollars and shoot a match at Fairchance Pa pick any 3 gun.It is time for you to crawl out of your honey hole and shoot in a little wind.Be sure to bring your a game,The cooper you sent to salem didnt shoot you might want to scrub the barrel a little more.

Gary Hamilton

Hi Bill,

Gary has asked me to post this on his behalf. We truly do not know who K80skeet is! Whoever he/she is they have done a good job of stirring it up. I know for a fact it is not Gary or this poster. Gary currently can not post to this forum thru his computer. He and I truly, like you have done in a recent posting, wish to extend a friendly invite to all shooters in the NE Region, that can, at sometime attend one of our shoots here in Maine, to please do so. Gary also asked me to post his work number 207-629-9163 if you would like to call him. A handful of us up here informally refer to ourselves as Team Hamilton, we do so solely in fun and friendship, bantering our game, humility more times than not our fate.

Klayton Hayes, AKA First Sergeant

K80Skeet

Since most of us here on the forum use our names as our sign on, or end the post with our names we tend to know who we are talking with. I am Ted Derivan of Team Eck.

Who the F are you?

Since most of us here on the forum use our names as our sign on, or end the post with our names we tend to know who we are talking with. I am Ted Derivan of Team Eck.

Who the F are you?

We're waiting....... "cricket's ?"

Hi Bill,

Gary has asked me to post this on his behalf. We truly do not know who K80skeet is! Whoever he/she is they have done a good job of stirring it up. I know for a fact it is not Gary or this poster. Gary currently can not post to this forum thru his computer. He and I truly, like you have done in a recent posting, wish to extend a friendly invite to all shooters in the NE Region, that can, at sometime attend one of our shoots here in Maine, to please do so. Gary also asked me to post his work number 207-629-9163 if you would like to call him. A handful of us up here informally refer to ourselves as Team Hamilton, we do so solely in fun and friendship, bantering our game, humility more times than not our fate.

Klayton Hayes, AKA First Sergeant

Now that sir, is what I'd call a class post. I'm going to try and make it up there for the shoot. If I can, I'll buy the first beer.

Being from Illinois originally

Now that sir, is what I'd call a class post. I'm going to try and make it up there for the shoot. If I can, I'll buy the first beer.
A ice cold PBR will hit the spot Tim. Hope you can make it here.

Wallkil Rod & Gun Club Match Results 6/1/2014

R80 Skeet, FYI a couple of Eck guns did show up at last years Capitol City Maine State Shoot. Look up last years match results if you
think Eck guns don't shoot Get back to us, and this time MAN UP and use you're real name.
Ray Hill

Back