Best caliber for 1000 yards

Your two cents

... we need to stop bickering on the different subject that went way off course of the original question.

The debate over the 408 & 50 BMG should go else where as I have been against the 408 coming into IBS matches for sometime. There is a decimal point in front of the 40 in the rules section for a reason. I know, because I checked with the man who wrote the rules originally.
I also don't want them in the game because of the interference that would occur to the other shooters when someone builds a light gun with a brake of course. Think what the muzzle blast is going to do to the shooters on the next two benches on either side. I have experienced more that enough from 300 Ackleys, burning 80+ grains of powder. Just think what something that burns 130 grains is gonna do.

I was at the actual meeting that it was somewhat approved, but it was never put in the rule book. I happy with that, but I am honest about it. I don't fear their competiveness, as I have never seen one shoot very well. I recall a 300 WSM beating a couple of them in a 1 mile match a few years back.

My 2 cents worth as they say,
Danny

Your two cents will go a long way in what you said! And you are 100% correct in your accuracy observation as well as muzzle blast! They are fun to shoot and reaching way way out there is indeed a challenge that should be done by one's self. My love for the sport has been in load development and both the .408CT and .50BMG produce issues not seen in the smaller calibers. So I'm at home there, but only for the challenge to tame the beast! It is however, a setback to one's ego after spending hours upon hours developing a 1600 yard load only to have some smart a$$ out group you with their .308:cool:

I love the 6.5 projectile, no matter what launching pad it starts from.

Props to Shelp's 6.5x55 and all the 6.5x47's shot at Harry Jones Range.

EOM

John Kielly,

Should I be outside for the answer to this question and should I be attired properly?:rolleyes:

Danny

Back