World Rimfire Benchrest Championships 2008

Carl,

I haven’t asked Carlo of late for the bench draw but I have asked plenty of times when it would be available and if we’d of been given a rough date none of us would keep asking.

We both know there is a lot of equipment sharing going on in Italy and people around the world are concerned they are in the right relay so they can share.

Peter

Do they shoot rimfire BR in Brazil??

Yes we do. We are just at the begining of this right now... we have a long way on importing all the rifles, rests, scopes etc to be competitive with US, Australia or European countries, but we hope we will get there...

PS - There are rimfire BR in Argentina too.

LR

You guys should look at getting into next years world postal.
You’ve got to start somewhere.

Peter

Graeme,

A lot of rumors going around over here, from within the SSAA.
I take it your out of the loop too.

Peter

World Championship - Team South Africa

Hi everyone

I am part of the South African team that is coming to Milan and is so excited.

I was just wondering if there is something like a squadding list so that we can see how much flags and rests we have to bring with.

Does anyone know what the hight will be of the flags from Min to Max needed. Trying to pack and travel Light so no space for extra stuff.

Thank you,

Hi everyone
I am part of the South African team that is coming to Milan and is so excited.
I was just wondering if there is something like a squadding list so that we can see how much flags and rests we have to bring with.
Does anyone know what the hight will be of the flags from Min to Max needed. Trying to pack and travel Light so no space for extra stuff.
Thank you,

Hello Natali,

I don't have a squadding list but in the follow thread are pictures of the range

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410086#post410086

Between the Bench and Target are 3 earth hills. But i don't know the hight from the hills and targets.
I am happy to meet you :)

Markus

www.br50.com or www.benchrestschiessen.de

Peter Armstrong

Rumours are irrelevant - WBSF has taken no decisions regarding Rimfire other than discussion in Austria to investigate the potential. Will not be discussed again until our meeting in South Africa next year. What ever you hear has no validity - but probably some wishful thinking. If WBSF is to become involved for the long term that will be a decision of the shooters. I am hopeful that the Rimfire shooters in Milan will have a useful discussion on where the sport goes to benefit the sport worldwide.

I suggest when you get to Milan that you have a discussion with Carl. He is fully aware of my views.

I would be more than happy to propose to our members the inclusion of Rimfire on our programme (as equal members) but only if that is what the Rimfire Shooters want.

Graeme Smith

Hope you have a great event and of course some personal success.

Independant Competitors

Are Independent competitors welcome? Seem's to me, it's now cut and dried as to who the US will be represented by.

Natali

I’ve been asking the same questions for the same reasons for months now.

This is not user friendly, you’ll find you will need more flags than you think. Only range staff can set your flags up before the match starts. So all your flags will need to be in place on the 50m range before we shoot 25m. So you’ll enough flags for both the 25 and 50m ranges. We got together with Team USA and we are using their flags at 25m and ours at 50m

Flag height?? The range has 3 email addresses and I’ve sent emails to all of them asking about what height poles we should bring and never got an answer. We decided we’d put most of our in the sides of the earth banks and height wouldn’t be an issue. Also they don’t want you using tripods on this range. Talk to Carlo!!

It’s that close now, I don’t think we’ll get a bench draw until we get to Milan.

See you there
Peter

Graeme,

It seems that in an attempt to promote IRB here rimfire shooters here are being told a few fairy tales.

I have something in mind and I’ll talk to the other countries about and if they agree there will be something for you to take to your meeting next year.

Peter

Are Independent competitors welcome? Seem's to me, it's now cut and dried as to who the US will be represented by.

Far as I'm aware Fred, you can shoot as an individual. I almost had to do that last year, not deciding to go until the last minute. Check with Carlo first to be sure.

Fred,

This is open to everyone and nobody is stopping you going.
DJ is the USA team captain.

Peter

Why?

Why is DJ the team captain? Doesn't sound independent if you are restricted to an individual that is Captain of another team.

Fred,

It easy to came in at the last minute and B****. In Australia we ran qualifying matches in 2006 & 07 and the rimfire groups USA sat on its hands. I think a better question is why didn’t any of the rimfire groups in the USA want to be involved with the World Championships.

DJ wanted to go to Italy, he found some others to go with him and put together some sponsorship. I’d say without DJ there would be no Team USA.

As I said, it easy to came in at the last minute and B****.

Peter

Fred,

You know yourself we have been talking about these world championships on the forum for years and as I said, none of the rimfire groups on your side showed any interest, so who would run any qualifying matches?

Other countries were keen to go, so got on with getting organized and are going in numbers, we have 10 going from Australia.

But it’s just not these world champs, the 2nd one is up for grabs and again there seems zero interest from rimfire groups within the USA.

Peter.

Back