World Rimfire Benchrest Championships 2008

RE: Peter's Last

I know this is not a cheap deal and its costing you guys twice as much. we found a couple of sponsors, even though i have been working on sponsorship since last year but not an easy task, thats why we need to make this work if there is to more WBC's for the future. I expect this will be my first and last WBC due to health and so on. But we need to promote this in each country if we are to find quality sponsors for the future.
Any teams need to start working on sposorship straight after this event if they are to secure for the next team in my view.

Andy

Urgent Message

For anyone one looking to buy something from suppliers at the WBC, please make sure that you have plenty of Euros as none of the venders come with credit card machines. this was the case last year at the Europeans Championship. There should be a number of venders selling equipment this year.

Andy

Team RSA

Here is the South African Team to Milan Italy.

Natali Terblanche
Niel Terblanche
Pieter Grundling
Pieter vd Merwe
Nico Pienaar
Stefan Pretoruis
Jonathan Pizer
Gus de Vries
Nick Schoonwinkel
Erick de Clerk
Martin Senore
Rohan Roux Junior
Toinette Barnard Junior
Luandri Barnard Junior

Pieter van der Merwe Senior Team Manager

Pieter,

Great to see South African going to Milan in numbers.

Good game of rugby Saturday night, I liked it.:D

Should us southern hemispheres join up and stick it to the barmy army in Milan??:cool:

Peter

PS people wearing green blazers in the bar at the hotel, will be required to buy the first round. :eek:

RE: Peter's Last

Your be lucky Peter there staying in the REDLIGHT area of Milan so we wont see them, but dont tell them the Good news, let it be a secret:cool::confused::eek::D:(

Andy

Just Curious that I never see a French Team.
Doesn't anyone shoot in France?:confused:

France

Doug I believe that they are big centrefire, not sure they are sending a team since centrefire seems to run things there.

Andy

Doug,

I had a look at the RBA webpage and every time I hear about Team USA kicking butt I think of Andy’s interpretation. Maybe after it’s all over and we’ve a few too many drinks Team USA could demonstrate their butt kicking style.:D

On a more serious note, if you click onto the international tab on the RBA webpage, it shows the USA teams being soundly beaten a couple years back. Is that a Freudian slip on someone’s part??? :eek:

Peter

It would be my bet that the results from last year were never posted over here for fear of seaming to brag.

Don,

I’m not so sure about your idea on the bragging. Last year your A team did well to win by a couple of points, but your B and C team did no better than their counterparts in 2006.

Peter

I don't think much thought was given to the teams but I did notice that 33 of the top fifty individuals were from the USA. On the other hand, the bottom 50 only had 4 USA shooters. I don't know how deep your program is but there's a lot of 250's being shot this year and half the shooters in the US don't even shoot that target.

Don,

What a difference a year makes.
While there might have been 33 in the top 50 last year, I think when this years world ranking come out you’ll only have 3 in the top 150. :eek:

Peter

I guess I'm just confused. I don't understand the international mindset on this. I have always concidered this an individual sport. The team concept just an artificial way of making a match interesting. People don't drop off the world ranking in golf or tennis when they don't go to a match. Why not set up an agg ranking with some minimum number of targets shot to see who the big dogs are?

Re-Don Message

Don, If you like there are two category’s, the individual and the team. The first European was like this and so now the World Championships follows on from that. I dont see anything wrong with having both category's since most sports have this setup, it doesnt take anything away from the individual in my book.

Andy

While yall are on the subject I have a question. As far as determining the winner. Will there be a overall World Benchrest Champion? ex combination of all scores? Will each target be considered a winner or the three targets per class agg be the winner or both? Also how does it work for the teams? Look forward to seeing everybody we are flying out friday morning and should arrive in Milan Saturday 805am local time. I dont know how we will feel considering it will be bed time for what we are used to when we arrive but im sure we will atleast come by the range saturday. dj

Re-DJ Message

Hi DJ, dont quote me but i think it is based on overall score from the 3 match cards and the same for the teams, most points scored. I think this is the way it was done last year at the Europeans.

Andy

PS have you let Carlo know which Flight,Time and Airport you are arriving at as he was asking me as he has not herd from you, he wanted to arrange transport pickup for you.

So there will not be an overall winner right? Just an individual per class and team per class. So actually Team Austraila could win sporter 50m and Team south africa could win sporter 25m for example? Then at the end of the event Team Australia could have won 4 gold and 2 bronze kinda like the olympics im guessing. Ive actually sent it to him twice. Ill send it again and I also sent him another form last week with an equipment change and I havent heard back from him with that yet either. dj

Re-DJ Message

Hi DJ, yes you got it, it will be kind of like that.

Do you want to email with your details and I will ring him for you. I need to know time, flight,time and airport as there are two for Milan.

email: andydubreuil@talktalk.net

Andy

Back