World Rimfire Benchrest Championships 2008

There is nothing to be won by posting here, Team USA knows what needs to be done once they get there. I am sure all there preparations are in order.

Wishing you gentlemen good luck. The ones who are best mentally prepared during their stay there will come out on top.

Take Care,
Joe

Joe, It's all harmless fun & I think a bit of mind of games from everyone.

As many have said including yourself the best prepared mentally & also the best to adapt to conditions in Italy will reign & have the last say :)

Andy/Brian/Carlo, Can any of you tell me is there anywhere to have a swim nearby? Is it worth taking a costume, I don't think hotel has a pool?

Joe, It's all harmless fun & I think a bit of mind of games from everyone.

As many have said including yourself the best prepared mentally & also the best to adapt to conditions in Italy will reign & have the last say :)

Andy/Brian/Carlo, Can any of you tell me is there anywhere to have a swim nearby? Is it worth taking a costume, I don't think hotel has a pool?

No pool in the hotel, don't know of any nearby but I'd pay good money to see a hairy Aussie in a cossie.

One more tip, work on your crouching stance, you'll need it for the toilets at the range (hole in the floor)

Brian

I'll have to find a nice spa somewhere :rolleyes:

Crouching no problem for me, I also played Volleyball for Australia & crouching against a wall for half an hour was part of our leg muscle building excersises so we could jump high, when you see my height you will realise i had to do alot of crouching :eek:

South African Team

I forget to say, I did see a pic of the South African team looking very smart in Green Jackets and ties!! I think they must of borrowed them from the Oympice team!! they are going to show us up if they have them on, but we will be cooler then they will :D

Andy
Hi All

Andy were did you see a pic of us?

The South African Sports and Olympic Committee requires all of us to wear the correct clothing that they prescribe while competing at international events. So we will also have matching caps,shirts ect.

We are arriving on the 25th and is so looking forward to this.

See you all soon

Re- Swimming Pool

Can any of you tell me is there anywhere to have a swim nearby? Is it worth taking a costume, I don't think hotel has a pool?[/B][/I]

Hi Bill,
I spoke to my friend at the Accademia Hotel about a open air swimming pool for you, and there is a open air pool 1kilometre away from the hotel. you could jog or take a lazy walk to it. The hotel will be able to give you directions but they did say it get very busy!!

Glad to help, Andy

Re_Natali

Hi Natali
Its good to see someone from the South African Team on here, thought you had all gone to sleep!! Carl sent a picture a while ago but i dont have it any more:( I hope you guys have manage to sort out your visa's now and you are all sorted.

Which hotel are you guys staying at?

Cheers, Andy

Hotel Accademia

For all those staying at this hotel and maybe arriving late evening the restaurant is open till 1am and snacks or sarny's are available at the bar. There is a very good shopping centre called "Il Portello" which is 100meters away which on the way to the stadium. A lot of local restaurants close on a sunday but ask the the hotel for more info.
the hotel understands that we are all bringing rifles to the hotel on arrival but please make sure that your rifle case is secure in your room and that the bolt is not in the same case. You will be able to leave your rifle at the stadium from the first day signing in and practice till the end of the event and then take them back to hotel. the stadium will secure your rifle and you will be able to collect your rifle and equipment each day from the secure area.

Those people that are staying at other hotels should speak to reception about keeping their rifle overnight at their hotel just to make sure they are happy.

hope this info is of use.

Andy

No we are all up and shooting. Must have been a picture someone took of us.

Yes all of us got the correct sporting visa's yesterday. So happy.:D

We are staying at the accursio hotel. 700m from the range.

Enjoy

Re_Natali

Hi Natali,
Glad to here you all got sorted i know it was a bit of an issue.

Your going to be knackered by the time you get the range, specially in those big green Jackets :D:D

all the best, Andy

Guys,

Seeing the bench draw and which countries are going to Italy is a State secret and under Italian law and this info can’t leave Italy. So I’m going to start naming names and invite all other countries to list who is going from their country too.

Australian Team
Peter Armstrong
Nick Catlin
Bill Collaros (Team Captain)
Joy Harrison
Sophie Hendersen (Jr)
David Keen
Karl Kuehn
Martin Lee
Richard Lightfoot
Grant Manning

RE-British Team

Well I'm sure my guys wont mind me putting their names up since you will see them soon enough.

but i dont have them to hand at the moment but will post tomorrow if I can.

Did you find the details of the hotel and pool useful Peter?

Andy

Andy,

The pool sounds okay, but we’ll need to find out what the policy is on pets. Bill might need to get a body wax.

Peter

RE: Peter's Last

Well on that note, the area of Milan we are in does have its own red light area so im sure he can get waxed one way or another!!

Andy

Bristish Team

Here are the details of the Bristish Team:

Carl Bosell (Captain)
Andy Dubreuil
Jim Andrews
Ken Stockham
Christine Stockham (JL)
Adrian Hasell
Brian Kelly
John Farrell
Colin Renwick
Andy Simpson
Robin Brown
Garry Kingaby

Andy

Andy,
Good to see you’re not traveling alone. It will be interesting to see what countries are there, with 50 benches and at least 4 relays in rimfire, we have 4 sharing one gun.

We sent our rests and flags on there way to Milan yesterday. If we want them back I guess we’ll have to go and get them.

Peter

Hya Mate,
I hope that all your gear arrives ok. Weare taking all ours with us on the flight and have manage to cut a good deal with the airline, i manage to save the team just over 2,000 euros which has helped.

I need all these guys to carry my gear for me!!!

Andy

Andy,
Sounds a bit like the days of the British Empire, great white hunter and his team of porters. Will you be wearing a pith hat??

Peter

Well I've got to find an easy way into the Hotel, if not they will have throw me up the steps. So you nealry got it right. :D

Were is your gear going to the hotel or the range, if its the range do they know that big Aussie create is arriving? was it cheaper to do that than take it with you on the flight? Need to brush up on your negotiation skills, i got over 2,000 euros taken off ours!

Andy

Andy,

No deals to be done here next week with the airlines. The Pope is in Sydney this week and all the planes next week are very full of people going back to Europe. My flight has been booked out for over 3 months.

Excess baggage, US$45 per kg to Milan, 52 euro per kg Milan to Sydney. We have 48kg of goodies going over and the round trip is around US$1700. They are going to the hotel.

I’ve got 20kg baggage allowance, that only covers my gun and ammo, I’ve got 7kg carry on allowance and that is all the cloths I can take. So if by the end I smell, bad luck!!:eek:

Peter

Back