Who Wins the Super Shoot????

Yeehaw! It's that time of the year again and speculation is high, because the question is... Who's gonna win the Super Shoot? Obviously there is no science to this, and it's all fun and games, but what are your thoughts?

Billy Stevens is getting hotter and hotter and I think could pull away another SS victory. Some of my other picks are Harley Baker, Andy Shiflett, Joe Krupa and you can never ever count out Tony Boyer, Wayne Campbell, Smiley Hensley (I know Smiley wants it bad) or any of the Hall of Famers coming to the BIG one. Just a thought and fun and games. :D

Matthew S Keller

Optimistic Picks

Matthew
Of coarse I have to pick some of the guys out West. Not sure who's going but I would consider Lowell Frei, Gary Ocock, Lester Bruno and as a ringer Don Nielson.

Of the rest of the Country Andy Shiflett, Tony Boyer, Billy Stevens, Joe Krupa, Jack Neary, and as a ringer Allie Euber.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Last edited:
He will come from a list of the usual suspects.

Lowell Hottenstein is shooting well as is Billy Stevens. Harley Baker is a very likely candidate to win it all. There may be some dark horses such as Lee Hachigian, Andy Shifflet, Lou Murdica, or George Kelbly; but, one would be ill advised to bet much money against Tony. Just my thoughts. James

I'll put my money on Gene Bukys. He won the Crawfish, second at the Bluebonnet, and is leading in Seymour as I type. I believe he won the individual at the World Championships.
Butch

Butch and others are right.

How can one not pick Gene Bukys, Mike Ratigan, Larry Costa, Gary Ocock, Bart Sauter, Ron Hoehn, Joe Krupa, Ken Hottenstein, or ???? This may the year that someone like Ed Hall wins it all. If you remember Ed came to the SS with pre-loaded ammo and walked away with the big trophy. Also, Steve Robbins was unknown by most when he won it. Whoever gets hot when the time comes will win it. If the weather is good, the person with the great barrel will prevail. Good shooting...James

There's been a bunch of great shooters names that have appeared above. That said, my belief is... it will be an Eastern region shooter.

This may the year that someone like Ed Hall wins it all. If you remember Ed came to the SS with pre-loaded ammo and walked away with the big trophy. Also, Steve Robbins was unknown by most when he won it. Whoever gets hot when the time comes will win it. If the weather is good, the person with the great barrel will prevail. Good shooting...James

James, I've never figured out the Ed Hall win. Strangely, he told me on Thursday that he had a good chance to win. What did he know, or have figured out, that gave him that much confidence????

Larry Scharnhorst

has really been shooting well. Also, I hope to see Don Crunk at the top some where.

Richard Brensing

has really been shooting well. Also, I hope to see Don Crunk at the top some where.

Richard Brensing

Larry and Butch Fjoser have been HOT in these parts...! You too Richard!

If conditions "allow" the aggs will be tiny...! Darn good shooters these days!!!
:)

Good luck to all,
cale

Cale

The idea of small aggs at the Super Shoot is a nice idea but Kelbly's Range being close to the lakes, I mean the big ones, makes for possible deluge at any time. Bring rain gear and tie your hat to your head.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Lowell

He has been shooting too consistently not to prevail.

1st Lowell Hottenstien

2nd and third (but very close together), Krupa and Neary

4th Gene Bukys....

And I will stop there

And to quote Nader....when you are shooting, and so is Lowell, you will always ask....."where is Lowell?"

Wish I could be there, but my lack of energy won't allow it at present

Geary Koglin

It is absolutely amazing the caliber of shooters that there are these days. The aggs are getting smaller (as evidenced by last years National's when the top 20 aggs at 100 yards were all teen aggs), the equipment is getting better and shooters are taking full advantage.

Also, a name that I forgot to add to the mix, which should never be forgotten as I don't think I have seen a Nationals or Super Shoot that he has been to that he has not been in the top 20 is... my hero... Jeff Summers. :D He's a bad bad man who always flys under the radar until he lays a whoopin on ya.

And yeah, it's kind of hard not to pick shooters from your region as they are generally the ones you are most familiar with, but I agree that Gene Bukys is definitely of a high probability to win this thing. It's gonna be fun for all those that get to enjoy. :)

Matthew S Keller

Back