What Happened to RBA? what will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our car club and motorcycle club, we usually elect someone president who for some reason couldn't show up for the meeting. Gives everyone a taste of being the Pres. and also encourages people to show up for the meetings so they don't take it in the shorts for the next presidential appointment.
Dale McClure

What's the problem?

Rod, the problem is your Brother refuses to address the problems at hand. As President he has a responsibility as well as an obligation to explain his actions to all RBA members, shooters and match directors. If he is unable to or unwilling to do so, he is avoiding his duty and should resign from office; thereby allowing the RBA to go forth and resolve these issues under a President that IS willing to listen and respond to the members and directors of RBA.

HEY GIRLS - GET A LIFE!​
and quit trying to destroy a Rimfire Benchrest!
Doug Weeter
RBA, IR50/50, ARA, WRBF, UKBR, AUS-RBA, IBS, NBRSA, ERABSF, FSA

Savannah, GA USA
(912) 659-6300​

This kind of reminds me of some of the old Stump based threads.
I enjoy the RBA matches that I get to shoot and understand the need to change the sporter rules to give us more choices of actions and triggers. I still like my Sako/jewel combo and don't plan to buy another. It out shoots me every time I pull the trigger.

There are some seriously pissed off MDs on the West Coast, and I'm NOT one of them. All of those whom I know are nice fellows.

Instead of RBA inner ring of good ol boys circling the wagons for a standoff, I'd sure like to see some phone calls be made. I like the target a lot, and would like to shoot it this year.

Tell me if this is the problem... at the RBA annual meeting (held at the same time for the last few years) a vote was taken and passed by the match directors.
Now some are not happy and want to redo the vote. If you feel so strongly about this you should bring this up at the next meeting. If you want you can nominate a new President and Vice President for next year. The current President and Vice President were unopposed this year. They must be doing something right.

Rod,

This is exactly the problem. The RBA is no longer a group of good old boys deciding the organizations fate after a match is done at one event. We are an organization that stretches from coast to coast that is supposed to be by the shooters for the shooters. If every thing is on the up and up like you say, then tell me how many match directors attended the annual meeting? Did you have 25% of the RBA Membership present? Where proxy votes from the west coast considered? SHOW ME
I am to new at this to have a beef with anybody, I realize that Bob is a volunteer and I commend him for his efforts it is difficult to please everybody. However changes like this should require a ballot given to match directors. If anybody wants to know what my stake is , I am RBA match director who doesn’t want to go through the trouble of finding a new game to shoot this season. So lets work something out.

Hey Rod who's president you or your brother?

You the mouthpiece for the RBA or your brother? The members and directors are entitled to hear from the president. He sure must have a lot to hide. What organization in the world, would support a President that in the time of CRISIS goes into a hole and is not heard from??

The RBA has lost one club and no one knows how many members and shooters.I'm aware of several more clubs that are considering dropping RBA from their schedule; Yet Bob Collins does nothing!!

You asked earlier "Whats the problem?" THE PROBLEM IS BOB COLLINS!!!!

Cadillac

Your point appears valid and I'm sure is well taken. Sometimes it takes a little while to iron things out. At this stage, and under the circumstances, Bob would be outta his ever lovin' mind to even consider addressing the issue on this forum.

Kinda like those guys at the rodeo playing cards and they let a mean assed bull loose. At some point...it makes sense not to be there.

Smitty - I pulled the trigger once already but crossfired on a Hillary post in the General Discussion forum. My mouse is only 3 power and convex where it touches the mouse pad.

Wow..

This has been an interesting discussion.

Let's give Bob some time to get his ducks in a row, and see what we can do to correct some communication issues.

We had a big beef with ARA some time back, and while Mackie did come out and address some issues, he was extended the courtsey of time to do so. Let's do the same for Bob.

I see some good issues being brought forth, but shaking the tree too hard can knock it down. It's not like new ranges are opening left and right, and our numbers are not growning by leaps and bounds. Let's move though this with cool heads and protect our numbers.

We should not loose a single shooter because of these issues.

Sandston, VA

Don,

What a small world, I grew up in Sandston in the early 50's. Soloed in my first airplane the summer of 1958 at Byrd Field. Did a lot of Civil War relic searching in that area as a kid.

We went back to that area a few years ago, planning to spend a few days but things had changed SO MUCH that with tears in my eyes we left after only a couple of hours. That old saying about "You can't go back" was true in my case. Too many changes, too many places and memories destroyed.

Hope you have a great season shooting.
Paul

I don't think you will get anyone from RBA on this thread. I have tried to help but to no avail, so I give up...Rod

Last edited:
Moving on!

Come on Shooters,

Go to Wes King's (cclfn) thread (New Shooters) and put some positive vibes out there for new shooters. As a shooting community we need to show how much we love this sport and what an enjoyable sport it is inspite of this RBA turmoil!

Have a great day and a great shooting season!
Paul

Parting thoughts

I can’t leave this post with out saying a few things to clear the air.

All these post were created because of a lack of communication and an apparent disregard for the bylaws and procedures of the RBA organization.

Rod Collins as an RBA Match Director you have not helped at all. I was told you weren’t at that meeting so how do you know what votes were counted, and who said somebody wants a re-vote. Do you know something that the rest of the Match Directors don’t? There are bylaws to deal with rule changes but don’t you think the match directors should know what changes were made before you start making remarks that are only partially true. Where are you getting your information? I sure haven’t been able to get any.

I was a RBA Match Director until today, and I asked you, your brother, and every other match director who was there or not, to explain what happened at the meeting and to date with the exception of the west coast MD’s I heard nothing. I know for a fact that five MD’s that I spoke with did not get any “October” notice of changes and they have not heard anything about the what took place at the meeting either. That is not acceptable in my opinion and I have decided to shoot other venues this year. I can not help run RBA if there is no exchange of information, and what you and your brother have chosen to share on this web site does not impress me. It also makes it impossible for me to conduct my duties as a Match Director.

I enjoyed shooting RBA, but this unexplained conduct by the leadership of RBA is more frustration than I want to deal with. My club will shoot IR50/50, ARA, and USBR this year and I wish RBA the best of luck.

Anyone that is out this way is welcome to come enjoy shooting with us.

Wes King
Emerald Empire Gun Club
Oregon

I have no dog in this fight and I have nothing against RBA. I shoot 50/50. It occurs to me that this thread is not the way to fix anything. What I see is an small number of malcontents (that may be the wrong word but close) with too much time on their hands. Rod's statement about kissing is predictable.

If I were running RBA I wouldn't care a bit about losing a few select shooters so the rest can go ahead and have fun.

It is now time for cooler heads.

I hope that I have not delayed the natural death of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back