Weaver scope repairs

H."Snuffy"Smith

The newest repair facility for Weaver rifle scopes:
ONALASKA OPERATIONS
N. 5549 Highway Z
ONALASKA, WI 54650

PHONE 1-800-635-7656

To send in for repairs, call and get a return #.
Send a check for $15.00 for return mailing.
Repairs are covered under warranty.

Boy, the world has changed, Bushnell bought Simmons. Leupold bought Redfield. I don't know who bought Weaver.

"Snuffy"

Last edited:
Weaver Scopes

Snuffy, about 2 years ago I sent my T36 in for repairs. They sent me a new one. They were bought out by Meade Optical Instruments. This was in Florida, IIRC. FWIW.

Roy

Last summer there were cautions about getting repairs from Weaver. It seems you had to have the original sales reciept.

I just read about Redfields return to market via Leupold. Sounds like the same warranty/service as Leupold-for around $150...

Leupold...

Last summer there were cautions about getting repairs from Weaver. It seems you had to have the original sales reciept.

I just read about Redfields return to market via Leupold. Sounds like the same warranty/service as Leupold-for around $150...

Lifetime warranty service for Leupold products are only for "golden ring" products. Others have limited warranties.

virg

Leupold/Redfield repair

I have an old Redfield 12x side focus, made in Denver, that needed repaired, (the objective bell came loose on the main tube), contacted Leupold (right after they bought Redfield), asked about them making the repairs and their answer was "no". Sent it off to "Ironsight", in Tulsa OK, and they did an excellent job.

Snuffy...

The newest repair facility for Weaver rifle scopes:
ONALASKA OPERATIONS
N. 5549 Highway Z
ONALASKA, WI 54650

PHONE 1-800-635-7656

To send in for repairs, call and get a return #.
Send a check for $15.00 for return mailing.
Repairs are free.

Boy, the world has changed, Bushnell bought Simmons. Leupold bought Redfield. I don't know who bought Weaver.

"Snuffy"

this is great to hear, cause every one of the 4 I owned needed it. But, that's not any different than other brands. Leupold, for one, pays for the return postage.

Weaver Repair

Many shooters have said that when they sent a Weaver 36x in for repairs, what came back was a new scope.

I don't doubt this. Getting a Weaver apart is a major undertaking. At the cost of any kind of skilled labor, (you would think who ever was doing the warranty work would be "skilled"), I would figure it was more cost affective to just send the shooter another scope........jackie

Jackie..

Many shooters have said that when they sent a Weaver 36x in for repairs, what came back was a new scope.

I don't doubt this. Getting a Weaver apart is a major undertaking. At the cost of any kind of skilled labor, (you would think who ever was doing the warranty work would be "skilled"), I would figure it was more cost affective to just send the shooter another scope........jackie

I wonder if the $15 charge covers the scope and the postage :rolleyes:

Weaver is now owned by ATK. When they were owned by Meade the scopes were sent back to the owner as "within specs" or replaced instead of repaired. I know of a few scopes that were repaired by ATK this past year with good results. One of my Weavers is from the first delivery to the US in 1995. It had worked well until it finally developed problems last year. I held off doing anything with it because of concern for the repair/replacement policies of Meade Optical. I contacted the folks in Wisconsin about a week ago and discussed the whole situation. I came away from the discussion with confidence that they are capable of performing the repair work correctly. Karen Johnston, who handled repairs of the "T" series scopes in the mid to late 90's is involved again. Anyone who had dealings with her in the past will recall that she is a top-notch person and is very knowledgeable and capable. My call was taken by Dale, who was very professional and explained their operation and approach in detail. I sent "Old Faithful" out last Friday. I intend on mounting it as soon as it comes back, and shooting it as soon as the weather permits.......

-Dave

Sure wish Weaver would produce a T-40 or T-45 that is equally good as the T-36.

Let me see:

- T-40 or T-45
- 30mm tube...if for no other reason than to match the other scopes. 1 size ring...
- Some more recticle choices.
-- Maybe finer cross hairs and a 1/16 or 3/32 dot.

I recently sent a T6 to Onalaska for repair/replacement. I purchased it NIB as a back up for my HBR gun from the original purchaser, so I didn't have any paperwork. When I mounted it to make sure it functioned well, it had issues.

The folks at Weaver sent me a RGA number and I dropped it in the mail along with $15. Three weeks later, it returned with paperwork showing what they found wrong and repaired. Since the T6's are no longer available new, maybe they repair these and replace other currently cataloged models?

The Weaver people couldn't have been nicer to work with. -Al

Sure wish Weaver would produce a T-40 or T-45 that is equally good as the T-36.

Let me see:

- T-40 or T-45
- 30mm tube...if for no other reason than to match the other scopes. 1 size ring...
- Some more recticle choices.
-- Maybe finer cross hairs and a 1/16 or 3/32 dot.

Well, I asked about the 30mm tube and more magnification. Dale told me that all of the suggestions that are made on their web site are forwarded to their Product Development Engineer. The Tactical scopes are getting all of the attention now, but we sure could try to pile the inbox up with BR scope requests.

-Dave

Since the T6's are no longer available new, maybe they repair these and replace other currently cataloged models?

The Weaver people couldn't have been nicer to work with. -Al

Hi Al,
I was told that they are now repairing the scopes instead of just sending another one out like Meade did. I have the letter in front of me that was sent back with a friend's scope, it shows what they found wrong....And he got his original scope back. I'll find out soon enough; the one I sent back last week is as old as they get....There are no objective lock rings on the older scopes, and the "Weaver" marking is silkscreened instead of the glued on badge like the current ones. It will be pretty obvious if it isn't the same one.

-Dave

Hi Al,
I was told that they are now repairing the scopes instead of just sending another one out like Meade did. I have the letter in front of me that was sent back with a friend's scope, it shows what they found wrong....And he got his original scope back. I'll find out soon enough; the one I sent back last week is as old as they get....There are no objective lock rings on the older scopes, and the "Weaver" marking is silkscreened instead of the glued on badge like the current ones. It will be pretty obvious if it isn't the same one.

-Dave

Good to hear from you, Dave. The T6 they repaired for me functions perfectly. No doubt your T36 will do likewise.

Good shootin'. :) -Al

Weaver T 36

Al
I have 4 of these some lock ring some friction lock. Some black some silver. Would not trade these off. Looking to get a Leupold 45 but can wait. Weaver has the best ver/hor that I have used.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Back