Vudoo V22S SS/F Class Action

So, Where have the BR Orgs missed the mark?

I shoot in Florida in the winter months and in the course of a year or a summer, actually, the flagging IR 50/50 program re- appeared with 5 or 6 new shooters who had come from the Club matches and the F class group ( not all of them ) but totally new faces. 4 of them with new rifles and Lenzi rests. Obviously money wasn't an issue. etc. They wanted nothing to do with weighted classes or Sporters. One of the other F class shooters tried the BR and won the match with a stock Anschutz 2017, I think the model is but a Prone rifle.

For me, it's very uncomfortable to lie down and shoot, having broken my back in 1980 and now arthritis a plenty, has limited my movements with my arms as well as my back so I don't get the attraction to F class. I did notice the targets are humungous!

My conclusion is weighted class competitions are not desirable to many people, particularly new shooters, The IR 50/50 new blood only want to shoot Unlimited. I don't see weighted classes lasting, long term, in fact, a number of venues I have shot at over the years have slowly stopped holding matches.

Pete

Last edited:
My conclusion is weighted class competitions are not desirable to many people, particularly new shooters, The IR 50/50 new blood only want to shoot Unlimited. I don't see weighted classes lasting, long term, in fact, a number of venues I have shot at over the years have slowly stopped holding matches.

Pete

Pete, which is it? A couple months ago you said the reason for them closing was due to the NE chapter of Team Eck, now its due to weight restrictions. I'll call BS to that too.
Also, the New Blood as you call it shoot ALL of classes & extremely well too. In fact, Jason enjoys shooting sporters & 3gun. Quick trip to the results page on the 50/50 site will confirm that for you. I'll call BS to that too.
None of which have anything to do with this thread.
I commend Vudoo for wanting to enter the br market as I'm surprised there's enough demand for it, including all the orgs. Brand loyalty is just to prevalent. I guess it can be used for F-Class to & that must be where they see the demand.
I'm also encouraged they'll offer a LH model but like I think most will, will wait till I see one in person to decide whether I need one or not.

Keith

Last edited:
I commend Vudoo for wanting to enter the br market as I'm surprised there's enough demand for it, including all the orgs. Brand loyalty is just to prevalent. I guess it can be used for F-Class to & that must be where they see the demand.
I'm also encouraged they'll offer a LH model but like I think most will, will wait till I see one in person to decide whether I need one or not.

Keith

Keith I am happy Vudoo is getting in the game, I have been using their repeater since day 1. I jumped in head first and did the pre-order without knowing much about the company. 100% satisfaction since day 1, everything that they said it was going to be, was right. So just like with the V22 I jumped in head first with the V22S and am trusting them to build another fine rifle. I will be using it mainly for Smallbore F-class and some for my local BR shoots. There is also a lot people who shoot aspirin matches that are jumping on board. I am pretty sure no other company can offer a BR level rifle that will take 8 weeks start to finish. My two V22S builds are RBLP, R0 Shilen Ratchet slugged out to best length, Flavo Fair Vudoo trigger with vertical sear and one will be mounted in an MPA chassis, the other will be in McMillan Kestros BR both setup for F-class. Also have to build two in my house. Should see them Aug 18!

Mark

Pete, which is it? A couple months ago you said the reason for them closing was due to the NE chapter of Team Eck, now its due to weight restrictions. I'll call BS to that too.
Also, the New Blood as you call it shoot ALL of classes & extremely well too. In fact, Jason enjoys shooting sporters & 3gun. Quick trip to the results page on the 50/50 site will confirm that for you. I'll call BS to that too.
None of which have anything to do with this thread.

Keith

Yeah, exactly what brand loyalty Is that, exactly?
BR shooters have, and always will, move to what works best, or at a minimum what works as good as what's out there.
Not all that long ago Stiller was the new kid and has since carved out a pretty good market share.
Vudoo, may or may not, only time will tell. Most of their fanboys seem to come from the repeater world with no real experience as to what competitive BR requirements are but there seem to be a large body willing to invest in the platform as relatively new BR shooters either in the new venue, established bodies or even club matches but, bottom line, seems like a flush of new guys.
Mike and his guys seem to be really trying to get a good effort out the door.
At the end of the day, IMHO, the real challenge is going to be if they can be competitive CONSISTENTLY, as nobody, including the best smiths on the planet have really been able to pull that off, let alone a semi production effort.
This is still a system, at it's core, dependent upon superior barrels and somebody kindly tell me who among barrel outfits sends all or most out the door anybody is going to label superior? That's the big task.

One of the better barrel manufacturer's is Muller. Unfortunately you have to know the right people in order to get one. Of course if you are in with the right people you can get just about all you want ,while others wait on some fictional waiting list and never get one!

One of the better barrel manufacturer's is Muller. Unfortunately you have to know the right people in order to get one. Of course if you are in with the right people you can get just about all you want ,while others wait on some fictional waiting list and never get one!

Was there an actual point to this post.
Joey, if you don't know what you're talking about from 1st hand experience don't repeat internet rumor BS. You're wrong first of all, and 2nd they will never likely go to a production effort.
3rd, the Vudoo crew actually was given one to test and publicly disparaged it which was probably not a great idea.

Last edited:
Was there an actual point to this post.
Joey, if you don't know what you're talking about from 1st hand experience don't repeat internet rumor BS. You're wrong first of all, and 2nd they will never likely go to a production effort.
3rd, the Vudoo crew actually was given one to test and publicly disparaged it which was probably not a great idea.

No sir Timothy, you’re wrong and whoever made up this bizarre story is wrong; we weren’t given anything to “test.” I ordered four barrels as anyone else would, waited a long time, received them and was told I’d receive the invoice via email. I slugged the barrels and didn’t like what I felt. Many people knew I was awaiting the arrival of four Muller’s and were asking if there were any updates. They also know I provide real feedback, no fluff....so I posted my findings.

After an email exchange with Paul, we ended up on the phone and listened to one another’s perspective, it was a good conversation. I told him I didn’t plan to use the barrels but again, I asked for an invoice. The first option, presented by Paul, was to send them to Jerry, but he later proposed what you see below.

Looks like you’ve fallen victim to internet rumor BS and speaking without first-hand experience....If what I’m providing here isn’t enough to dispel the BR rhetoric BS, I don’t mind posting the entire email exchange....I have nothing to hide, so when you get right down to it, who is really disparaging whom?

DEA1-E543-D506-47-DD-A952-253-E27-F43-E50.jpg

MB

Last edited:
Tim, I am not talking about Vodoo getting barrels. I am talking from personal experience, no Internet rumors bull!!! As Mike said you need to check your facts. I could put out facts, names, and how some people received numerous barrels but it really wouldn't serve any purpose. It's not going to change a thing. These barrels are limited in production, and for a select few, not available to everyone.

Last edited:
Tim, I am not talking about Vodoo getting barrels. I am talking from personal experience, no Internet rumors bull!!! As Mike said you need to check your facts. I could put out facts, names, and how some people received numerous barrels but it really wouldn't serve any purpose. It's not going to change a thing. These barrels are limited in production, and for a select few, not available to everyone.

Everything capable of winning is in "limited availability" the select few has, is BS based on how many are out there.
Everybody make an effort to place product to some degree, in capable hands, whether it's golf clubs, tennis racquets or shooting equipment.
Frankly, if you look at you're total, short, internet posting history, you come up a a whiner friend.

Mike....the use of "given" was not meant to infer gifted, it was supposed to mean " had access to". Bad choice of words.

Everything capable of winning is in "limited availability" the select few has, is BS based on how many are out there.
Everybody make an effort to place product to some degree, in capable hands, whether it's golf clubs, tennis racquets or shooting equipment.
Frankly, if you look at you're total, short, internet posting history, you come up a a whiner friend.

Mike....the use of "given" was not meant to infer gifted, it was supposed to mean " had access to". Bad choice of words.

No worries Tim, but anyone placing an order through the normal course of doing business would, “have access;” it’s not like anyone was doing me any favors. So, I was driving more at presenting the proper context as it relates to how others choose to interpret the story....not just the way you presented it here, but whatever other stories are floating around out there about this. Seems if it can be made to sound much worse than it is, that’s the direction it will go and I realize you’re repeating what you’ve been told, so I know the story started somewhere else. My overall response is more about making sure the facts are presented to what actually happened so I can put a stop to what’s being said about my company.

MB

Last edited:
I notice you decided not to call me after I offered to talk to you about all this and even provided my phone number in a pm.Instead you pefer to keep your head in the sand or up your ass. I knew you wouldn't call because you don't want to know the facts, the phone conversations in trying to obtain one of these barrels, and the people involved. Thats okay, I expected no less from you. You just like being argumentative. That's okay too because everyone knows it. One last thing, I am not your friend!!!

Last edited:
I notice you decided not to call me after I offered to talk to you about all this and even provided my phone number in a pm.Instead you pefer to keep your head in the sand or up your ass. I knew you wouldn't call because you don't want to know the facts, the phone conversations in trying to obtain one of these barrels, and the people involved. Thats okay, I expected no less from you. You just like being argumentative. That's okay too because everyone knows it. One last thing, I am not your friend!!!

If this was for me.....got no PM. Don't need to resend, the damn horse is dead, please stop kicking it.
You're not my friend ?.....I guess I have to cry myself to sleep tonight.

I've received quite a collection of really good questions over the last few weeks, so I figured I'd drop in some spec-related info on the action. As I believe most are now aware, this action isn't intended solely for Benchrest, hence some pretty obvious differences, so my first hope is, everyone will recognize that the goals in it's design are a bit more far-reaching than would be construed as typical. Based on what I'm seeing, I expect performance in the BR circles will surprise more than a few.

There's been a lot of chatter about tenon size and other such things but the main thing is, I listened to shooters across many different disciplines to arrive at what this action is all about....emotions were not involved in the development. If I were to disregard some of the info I received and consider as important to the overall goals, I could have easily used a tenon that is seen more broadly across what's exclusively common to BR shooters. In essence, everything has its place.

V-22S Features

● Same Physical Footprint as the Remington 700 Short Action
● Remington 700 Pinned Trigger Interface
● Six O?clock Ignition
● Vertical Sear Fire Control with Vudoo/Flavio BR-VS Trigger (angled cocking piece also available for use with other triggers)
● Three Lug, 60 Degree Bolt Lift
● Available in Right Bolt/Right Port, Right Bolt/Left Port, Left Bolt/Left Port and Left Bolt/Right Port
● Toolless Bolt Assembly/Disassembly
● Complete Color-Coded Mainspring Kit (13 to 18 lb. force)
● Integral 11mm Dovetail Mount
● Unique Picatinny Rail available in 0, 20, 30 and 40 MOA
● .860 Base Screw Spacing for All Currently Available Mounts/Rails

This action does not use a trigger hanger, but instead, the fire control is adjustable/tunable in a couple of different ways. Since one can use my trigger or any of the other available pinned interface triggers, there are six different springs included so you can more finely tune while also being able to adjust hand-off, pin fall, etc.

What has been interesting to watch is the reaction to the bolt assembly from many that have handled this action. It requires no tools to disassemble/reassemble and when I demonstrated this more recently, I was asked, "where are the shims?" Well, there are no shims in the bolt assembly or anywhere else in the action.

Thanks,
MB

Ok, here's a bit of data from the first V-22S Factory Hot Rod. I carried the barreled action to KY and Jamie knocked out a stock in record time and then, off to Ivan's test tunnel. Tuner on, a bit of dialing to see what it wanted, shot a few rounds from a couple different boxes of Eley Black Box and shot my first ever BR card.

V-22S Single Shot Action
Mueller Barrel (yes, this is one of the four I slugged early on and after a wee bit of finish lapping, I'm likin' it)
Pro-X Tuner
Vudoo/Flavio VS-BR Trigger with Vertical Fire Control
BBRS Custom Stock

B206048-A-D5-DE-48-FD-BE3-F-C4226-FCBFA6-E.jpg

A2629855-F919-4-B99-93-FC-BD6-A8621-BA4-C.jpg

E29-D431-C-FAF7-45-F3-BD89-FA364-FEDB36-B.jpg

227660-E6-DD30-495-E-A0-FE-252603-BCE771.jpg

799-C3476-C1-A0-427-F-BF4-D-4-C6-B66-A3942-B.jpg

C1-DEEA0-B-4-B77-49-FC-93-A5-8-A39-A3-D166-BF.jpg

EC01-D1-CE-E825-4-C7-B-AF44-05-BFACD4-BD79.jpg

I know a few guys have thrown around the question, "yeah, but is it going to be competitive?" Well, I do believe so....

Thank you Ivan Wells and Jamie Burgess for an incredible amount of work in a really short amount of time. You guys have impressed me time and again and I appreciate the hard work.

MB

Bore saver

Hi Mike,
I bought a Vudoo V22 last November. What bore saver are you using in the rifle with the solvent port? Can I get one with a solvent port for my V22? I bought the aluminum bore saver on your website and had to drill out the sleeve to use my Bore Tech 22 rimfire rod with the sleeve.

Hi Mike,
I bought a Vudoo V22 last November. What bore saver are you using in the rifle with the solvent port? Can I get one with a solvent port for my V22? I bought the aluminum bore saver on your website and had to drill out the sleeve to use my Bore Tech 22 rimfire rod with the sleeve.

Hey Mark, the guide in the picture is one I designed not that long ago that BoreTech makes for us. It's specific to Gen 1, 2 and 3 Vudoo actions....just call the shop.

MB

Mike,
That seems pretty solid, gun shoots pretty flat, congrats.
That said, curious about your post. could you elaborate a bit on what was the nature additional lapping done?
What do you see the majority of barrels you expect to fit over time ?

Nice update.

Mike,
That seems pretty solid, gun shoots pretty flat, congrats.
That said, curious about your post. could you elaborate a bit on what was the nature additional lapping done?
What do you see the majority of barrels you expect to fit over time ?

Nice update.

Thanks Tim. During the course of this target, I noticed an incredibly fine nuance about trigger control that I'd not seen in other types of shooting. Once I figured that out, it shaped up nicely.

Let's plan to catch up on the phone a little later in the week.

MB

Back