Vudoo V22S SS/F Class Action

aw come on Slick it was a good read. For bit it read like that Ohio sight.

How about this? I simply won't share that info....and with that, how many other guys have answered such a question? And better yet, out of respect, I would have never asked another designer/builder such a question. So, if you can't take a joke....

MB

Those are nice targets. I don't have targets to post but I can report that at the Arkansas State Tournament today, there were two Ivanhoe rifles that have been through the above process and they place first and fifth out of 30 shooters. Greg Monroe pulled off first place with Bill Drummond placing fifth but posting high card. Something to be said for those sausage casing machines....

MB

MB,

Just a quick question. Do you plan to compete your Vudoo benchrest rifles in ARA, PSL, and IR 50/50 competitions, or just in BulletPro 150 matches?

I realize individual owners can shoot them anywhere they like, but I was hoping you were going to sponsor a factory team?

TKH

I first wanted one to shoot in ARA, but found out and RBRP took over 16 weeks, for a Barreled Action. I don't think my Lawyer will be able to handle it when dividing my property up according to my will. I'll stick with My Falcon and Hall. Of course I've been call an idiot behind my back before, so let-er rip.

MB,

Just a quick question. Do you plan to compete your Vudoo benchrest rifles in ARA, PSL, and IR 50/50 competitions, or just in BulletPro 150 matches?

I realize individual owners can shoot them anywhere they like, but I was hoping you were going to sponsor a factory team?

TKH

Hey Tony,
The short answer is yes, but I won't likely intro a factory team anytime soon. I joke around about IR50/50 because Tim and I have talked about it so it's more just to mess with him a little, but I'm actually pretty serious about supporting IR50/50. In the NRL22 and Rimfire PRS world, which is far larger than what you mentioned combined, we have a 13 person sponsored team to support the shooters. The goal isn't to go out and beat everybody, but instead, support the community first. The approach here is no different; the community comes first, which appears to be quite a different approach than what has been typical.

Having said all this, I want to again thank you for the excitement you're bringing to what's happening. It's pretty obvious you want this sport to grow and I appreciate your approach, as do others that have reached out to me as a result of your excitement.

MB

Last edited:
I first wanted one to shoot in ARA, but found out and RBRP took over 16 weeks, for a Barreled Action. I don't think my Lawyer will be able to handle it when dividing my property up according to my will. I'll stick with My Falcon and Hall. Of course I've been call an idiot behind my back before, so let-er rip.

No sir, won't call you an idiot. Everything is running now and I have a couple RBRPs in the initial run of actions. We're making 100 at a time starting with RBLP, but I'm running a few of each configuration to have at various upcoming events.

MB

Hey Tony,
The short answer is yes, but I won't likely intro a factory team anytime soon. I joke around about IR50/50 because Tim and I have talked about it so it's more just to mess with him a little, but I'm actually pretty serious about supporting IR50/50. In the NRL22 and Rimfire PRS world, which is far larger than what you mentioned combined, we have a 13 person sponsored team to support the shooters. The goal isn't to go out and beat everybody, but instead, support the community first. The approach here is no different; the community comes first, which appears to quite a different approach than what has been typical.

Having said al this, I want to again thank you for the excitement you're bringing to what's happening. It's pretty obvious you want this sport to grow and I appreciate your approach, as do others that have reached out to me as a result of your excitement.

MB

Sure, everybody wants to mess with Tim.:p
So that said, I do have a question, how big is the NRL/PRS world out there? Not my particular cup of tea but I am aware the growth rate is big.

Sure, everybody wants to mess with Tim.:p
So that said, I do have a question, how big is the NRL/PRS world out there? Not my particular cup of tea but I am aware the growth rate is big.

;) ;) It's because you can take a joke....

There are tons more venues around the U.S. that draw 40 to 60 shooters per match, and that's an average sized match....The National event for NRL22 had upwards of 120 competitors and could easily be more, but it's an invite only match based on points.

The Lapua series PRS matches at Peacemaker typically have 60 or more shooters in every match and that's just one venue.

MB

Tim, to give you an idea how big NRL22 itself is. 1333 paid memberships for the 2019/2020 season. Before all the covid crap, the raw scores for January show 58 clubs that month participating with just under 700 shooters for that months course of fire. Now this does not include ranges running outlaw 22lr events. The 22lr Postional rifle world in the past 2 years has grown big enough to effect LOTS of ammo with both eley and lapua..Good thing is most people in the discipline don't shoot the really high end ammo yet. But I am seeing that changing also, way more people are sending their rifles into Eley and Lapua test centers and buying the good stuff. It's a large enough market now, that it's changing the major companies like CZ, Bagara, Ruger and other smaller companies to produce 22 rifles more suited for the game. Right now the 2 biggest players in the positional game are Vudoo and CZ with other sinking major money into the market. Tim the biggest draw to the sport is cost! The average person can buy a CZ457 setup for this game for 700 add 300 more in bipods and bags and you are setup. Hell my wifes new cliff arnold rest cost more than most peoples complete nrl22 setup. Hell even Dan killough is now selling nrl22 complete rifle packages with tested ammo.

Now the other market that's growing leap and bounds is Smallbore F-class, this is a whole different animal and it's starting off with people buying up a lot of the used BR rifles hitting the market. But unlike BR you still don't need a crazy ass rifle with tons of ammo testing to be competitive at the majors.

My first Vudoo ser# 11xx and our latest rifle is 30xx those rifle are only 2 years apart in age and I got the last one in the middle of 2019. The reason we own the higher end 22lr for our game is because it 100% mimics my CF rifle that I shoot for the positional game. Chassis, trigger, weight and scope are all the same.

The really cool thing is with all the new 22lr owners out there they are starting to trickle into the BR world. They will learn really quickly that upgrades to the equipment is a must! Oh damn I just HATE buying more 22lr stuff,,,rest, wind flags more guns!!!! LOL

Tim, to give you an idea how big NRL22 itself is. 1333 paid memberships for the 2019/2020 season. Before all the covid crap, the raw scores for January show 58 clubs that month participating with just under 700 shooters for that months course of fire. Now this does not include ranges running outlaw 22lr events. The 22lr Postional rifle world in the past 2 years has grown big enough to effect LOTS of ammo with both eley and lapua..Good thing is most people in the discipline don't shoot the really high end ammo yet. But I am seeing that changing also, way more people are sending their rifles into Eley and Lapua test centers and buying the good stuff. It's a large enough market now, that it's changing the major companies like CZ, Bagara, Ruger and other smaller companies to produce 22 rifles more suited for the game. Right now the 2 biggest players in the positional game are Vudoo and CZ with other sinking major money into the market. Tim the biggest draw to the sport is cost! The average person can buy a CZ457 setup for this game for 700 add 300 more in bipods and bags and you are setup. Hell my wifes new cliff arnold rest cost more than most peoples complete nrl22 setup. Hell even Dan killough is now selling nrl22 complete rifle packages with tested ammo.

Now the other market that's growing leap and bounds is Smallbore F-class, this is a whole different animal and it's starting off with people buying up a lot of the used BR rifles hitting the market. But unlike BR you still don't need a crazy ass rifle with tons of ammo testing to be competitive at the majors.

My first Vudoo ser# 11xx and our latest rifle is 30xx those rifle are only 2 years apart in age and I got the last one in the middle of 2019. The reason we own the higher end 22lr for our game is because it 100% mimics my CF rifle that I shoot for the positional game. Chassis, trigger, weight and scope are all the same.

The really cool thing is with all the new 22lr owners out there they are starting to trickle into the BR world. They will learn really quickly that upgrades to the equipment is a must! Oh damn I just HATE buying more 22lr stuff,,,rest, wind flags more guns!!!! LOL

Marks,

Is there a website that shows the schedule for these matches. One that serves as a central clearing house. Like the IR 50/50 site does for all IR 50/50 matches and American Rimfire Assoc. does for all ARA matches. I went to the NRL22 site and it shows clubs but the two nearest me don't have anything on their websites about upcoming matches. Matter of fact they didn't even mention rimfire shooting at all. Help please.

TKH

Mark,
Thanks. I am familiar with the discipline but have heard various things about numbers.
From your post it looks like while the average matches seem bigger, the population is about the size of ARA/IR50 combined.
Great for rimfire shooting sports.

Back