Tuners Spinning Out Of Control

Gary, by the end of 2011 it will be widely understood to set your tuner,never touch your scope and pretty much use any speed of eley black box with good results, and that's just the way bench shooting will be.............. and Gary I hope it's starts this weekend at the barn, not sure yet but I hope so....................................
That will never happen, never....

Martin, I believe YOU ! I ran over to Ace Hardware today and got a couple of rolls of shiny duck tape, before the big run is made on it! so I'm ready to go!

Foster

Foster did you send your tuner to James first?????????????????????????????? can't stop this no how no way........ Foster the part about eley ammo any speed, it's already happening as in present tense. martin

Martin, I believe YOU ! I ran over to Ace Hardware today and got a couple of rolls of shiny duck tape, before the big run is made on it! so I'm ready to go!

Foster

not duck tape foster, duct tape, and don't go cheap get the good stuff.
makes a difference, sounds like you're almost ready for the big one.

Foster

Read this today. Page 262, quote: "chuck it up in a lathe and cut .005 from the end of the muzzle brake"., Load a couple of 3 shot groups..... is it better or worse -go back and take off another .005.......

Point being .005 off the end of a muzzle break is probably about the same weight of one round of aluminum tape.Just trying to get in mind what "constitutes" an adjustment. joe

Glad to see you are going to the barn shoot Martin. You'll enjoy the match there. No wind to deal with and lots of nice folks to meet there. Good luck.

not duck tape foster, duct tape, and don't go cheap get the good stuff.
makes a difference, sounds like you're almost ready for the big one.

hey tomc, do you have an opinion on taking virtually any round of eley team or black box ammo and maybe a few rounds of lapua without touching the tuner and scope and just shooting targets. have you ever seen this done????????? or have you ever done this........ lol

Read this today. Page 262, quote: "chuck it up in a lathe and cut .005 from the end of the muzzle brake"., Load a couple of 3 shot groups..... is it better or worse -go back and take off another .005.......

Point being .005 off the end of a muzzle break is probably about the same weight of one round of aluminum tape.Just trying to get in mind what "constitutes" an adjustment. joe

Joe,don't take too much off where the weights screw on, I believe you need a fairly large diameter there. somewhere between 4.5 to 4.7 is perfect for most barrels you just want to make sure the slow round is hitting higher than a fast round, once you have that then adjusting the tuner should in itself reduce any vertical.

hey tomc, do you have an opinion on taking virtually any round of eley team or black box ammo and maybe a few rounds of lapua without touching the tuner and scope and just shooting targets. have you ever seen this done????????? or have you ever done this........ lol

been there done there and i did have the premium tape.

Joe,don't take too much off where the weights screw on, I believe you need a fairly large diameter there. somewhere between 4.5 to 4.7 is perfect for most barrels you just want to make sure the slow round is hitting higher than a fast round, once you have that then adjusting the tuner should in itself reduce any vertical.

Martin all day the slower round goes the lowest, ever ever now and then the slow round by about 5fps go higher.

This evening when i went past 250 clicks i saw a lot of slow rounds 20fps go even and 1/4 of the time the slow round was higher... i think i am seeing the slow round actually start to hit higher -but i'm a hard guy to convince, lol... I'm probably about 275 clicks out i will look after while. I'm to the point now i back up then go forward, back up.... it almost looks like i could be close -probably not but i dang sure see more slow rounds go highest than i did yesterday.. If i ever get all of the slow rounds to go high -you won't hear from me no more... i will explode, lol... joe

all mouth is someone that never shoots.... like an engineer , joe

You two haven't tuned a winning rifle , built a winning gun or ranked anywhere in the standings of rimfire benchrest ......

Like I said all mouth

If Marteen has the perfect tuned rifle let him show up at this weekends match and teach me and the rest a lesson .

Like I said all mouth

And you Joe are no better all you do is add fuel to the fire...... Just like you did on Rimfire Accuracy ....Dizzy Dean ?

You bashed Calfee and everyone else over there and now have moved here ......

Well why should any gunsmith post here as they have to listen to yours and Marteens crap......

Like I said shoot a match or tune a winning rifle .............

To bad you and Marteen can't do either .................

Martin all day the slower round goes the lowest, ever ever now and then the slow round by about 5fps go higher.

This evening when i went past 250 clicks i saw a lot of slow rounds 20fps go even and 1/4 of the time the slow round was higher... i think i am seeing the slow round actually start to hit higher -but i'm a hard guy to convince, lol... I'm probably about 275 clicks out i will look after while. I'm to the point now i back up then go forward, back up.... it almost looks like i could be close -probably not but i dang sure see more slow rounds go highest than i did yesterday.. If i ever get all of the slow rounds to go high -you won't hear from me no more... i will explode, lol... joe

Joe, it could be the round is a little to slow for how the barrel is cycling, some barrels may not be pointingupwards the moment a slow round arrives, time plays an important part. what may happen is a 1055 to 1075 round might be optimum, it's time and speed. joe hows the ignition on your rifle?? have you flushed your bolt and trigger assembly lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
You two haven't tuned a winning rifle , built a winning gun or ranked anywhere in the standings of rimfire benchrest ......

Like I said all mouth

If Marteen has the perfect tuned rifle let him show up at this weekends match and teach me and the rest a lesson .

Like I said all mouth

And you Joe are no better all you do is add fuel to the fire...... Just like you did on Rimfire Accuracy ....Dizzy Dean ?

You bashed Calfee and everyone else over there and now have moved here ......

Well why should any gunsmith post here as they have to listen to yours and Marteens crap......

Like I said shoot a match or tune a winning rifle .............

To bad you and Marteen can't do either .................

tuna, this must be driving you crazy that I get this and you don't, then again you probably never will. it's simple just open your mind. martin

Tuna 921. It would seem to me if you would like to post the rules you want me to follow ,, you should have your own website. Then if i don't follow your rules you can ban me.......... Is it just me? joe

Joe, check the ignition have you flushed the bolt and trigger assy????? remember the #1 of all this it's silly to say the muzzle stops, were not dealing with elevators. lol martin

Joe, check the ignition have you flushed the bolt and trigger assy????? remember the #1 of all this it's silly to say the muzzle stops, were not dealing with elevators. lol martin

Martin i need to do some cleaning tonite... i got about 4 or 5 bricks down the tube... Actually sometimes when i get a slow slow round i look at my bolt and suspicion ignition... I have a replacement spring - i'm going back to my original Turbo spring - besides it's chrome plated, lol!! it's time! joe

tuna, this must be driving you crazy that I get this and you don't, then again you probably never will. it's simple just open your mind. martin

Oh Marteen .........You get it but you can't prove maybe people will listen to you theories if only you could prove them which you can't and you refuse to show up at a match and beat me or anyone else. So my mind is open and your an internet wanna be....... You like crapping in peoples posts and this one you can't delete now can you .....

Ever hear the phrase put up or shut up ?

Tuna 921. It would seem to me if you would like to post the rules you want me to follow ,, you should have your own website. Then if i don't follow your rules you can ban me.......... Is it just me? joe

Nah no rules more fun that way ...........

Oh Marteen .........You get it but you can't prove maybe people will listen to you theories if only you could prove them which you can't and you refuse to show up at a match and beat me or anyone else. So my mind is open and your an internet wanna be....... You like crapping in peoples posts and this one you can't delete now can you .....

Ever hear the phrase put up or shut up ?
actually there's quite a few of us from different parts of the country that have honed in on all aspects of tuning, that along with realizing the phrase stopped muzzle is silly seems to have put you and a few over the edge. lol stopped muzzle just silly, silly funny silly. martin

Back