Tuners Spinning Out Of Control

actually there's quite a few of us from different parts of the country that have honed in on all aspects of tuning, that along with realizing the phrase stopped muzzle is silly seems to have put you and a few over the edge. lol stopped muzzle just silly, silly funny silly. martin

So show up at a match ...........Guess your an internet chicken now too.......I guess one day my rifle will be tuned and I will finally shoot a 250 ........and bow down to you ......

Maureen you are famous but not in the literal meaning of it

Took the bolt apart tonite... was oily but looked clean. When i sprayed the firing pin/bolt with carb cleaner i could feel a few grains of powder wash out. Nice neat stock f.p.chrome spring is back in.. i'll test tomorrow... joe

(silly silly silly, lol)

Well, you got Martin Hammond and he agg'd a 1654.0476 in ARA for 2010.

well as far as I know I'm the only one to ever shoot in competition a 250 with a kimber 82g, I believe no one will ever break my record at fairchance back to back 250's with a USMC factory barreled 40x, I doubt that anyone who has shot at fairchance can say 50%of their targets over a 2 year period were 250's. I'll admit I came in 11th out of 28 shooters at the penna, ARA shoot, however I shot 2 rifles that were not mine and 1 cz sporter with a 4-12x scope, that by the way kicked a** over a calfee rifle lol can you imagine that a reverse taper cz coming in ahead of a calfee bench rifle lol. if I would have known this tuning thing would be one big pi**ing contest I'd of saved 2 or 3 boxes of eley ammo less than 5 years old. lol and by the way it is silly to say the muzzle stops to let any round off the elevator. lol martin

Last edited by a moderator:
so marty i don't understand why you have to shoot in matchs
but other tuner guy(s) don't. should be the same for all eh?
you're told to shut up because you don't shoot in many matchs.
yet other(s) who don't shoot in matchs are
begged to please please tell us more. i just don't understand.
i'm sure if you don't want to answer, that others will be sure
to fill in the answers. as they always do.

, I believe no one will ever break my record at fairchance back to back 250's with a USMC factory barreled 40x,

Just get to make up records now. I bet you can't break mine of 47 farts across a mile and half of unpaved field holding tight on a double cheek clinch and a 2.2 over the last 20 yards. Never made it if I hadn't left the road. Betcha can't break that.

well as far as I know I'm the only one to ever shoot in competition a 250 with a kimber 82g, I believe no one will ever break my record at fairchance back to back 250's with a USMC factory barreled 40x, I doubt that anyone who has shot at fairchance can say 50%of their targets over a 2 year period were 250's. I'll admit I came in 11th out of 28 shooters at the penna, ARA shoot, however I shot 2 rifles that were not mine and 1 cz sporter with a 4-12x scope, that by the way kicked a** over a calfee rifle lol can you imagine that a reverse taper cz coming in ahead of a calfee bench rifle lol. if I would have known this tuning thing would be one big pi**ing contest I'd of saved 2 or 3 boxes of eley ammo less than 5 years old. lol and by the way it is silly to say the muzzle stops to let any round off the elevator. lol martin

Well Marteen I shot back to Back 250's with a 8 oz tuner and a 9oz noodle on a .875 barrel this year ......How can that be I didn't have 4.6oz and my rifle is not tuned ......

But as you know I like music

Guess you need to go to the drawing board ........

Prove it Maureen Show up at the ARA Nationals

Just get to make up records now. I bet you can't break mine of 47 farts across a mile and half of unpaved field holding tight on a double cheek clinch and a 2.2 over the last 20 yards. Never made it if I hadn't left the road. Betcha can't break that.

That's funny I dropped my beer on that one .............

Well Marteen I shot back to Back 250's with a 8 oz tuner and a 9oz noodle on a .875 barrel this year ......How can that be I didn't have 4.6oz and my rifle is not tuned ......

But as you know I like music

Guess you need to go to the drawing board ........

Prove it Maureen Show up at the ARA Nationals

tuna, not sure which I enjoy more, working on this tuning process or having the tribe twist and turn gritting and grinding their teeth because they are clueless. don't you think the term stopped muzzle and parallel node are silly talk???????????

That's funny I dropped my beer on that one .............

tuna that seems to be a theme you and mr nobody, start drinking and then come on this forum, wonder why you two rant so much.......

tuna that seems to be a theme you and mr nobody, start drinking and then come on this forum, wonder why you two rant so much.......

If ranting is an indication of drinking you must be sloppy drunk most of the time!

Oh so now I'm a drunk ? Before I was stupid ......Rant that's your middle name .......Too bad you can't delete this post ......

Maureen you are a frustrated man........ Have you taken your Prozac today ?

Cheers

And you can't answer my questions just verbal attacks when you can't answer ........

Guess no ARA nationals either.......

Oh so now I'm a drunk ? Before I was stupid ......Rant that's your middle name .......Too bad you can't delete this post ......

Maureen you are a frustrated man........ Have you taken your Prozac today ?

Cheers

And you can't answer my questions just verbal attacks when you can't answer ........

Guess no ARA nationals either.......

alcohol can affect shooting skills and fine motor skills along with temperament,just trying to help out. note who has been ranting and raving, not me. martin

alcohol can affect shooting skills and fine motor skills along with temperament,just trying to help out. note who has been ranting and raving, not me. martin

Really ? So your a Dr too ?

Maureen you still haven't answered any questions ..........

Could the internal dimensions and construction of a barrel have anything to do with the tune? Seams like the only thing of concern is external dimensions.

Gordon

I know the barrel has a lot to do with the way the rifle shoots and has a big impact on tuning but does the bedding and ignition have something to do with it also as it relates to tuning ?

Jim

Tuna
Haven't thought much about tuning the last couple days. At my age the old plumbing isn't the same as when i was younger. So i have been running up and down the road with the sphincter clenched tight. May save me some day.
Did have time to take a test barrel off my Hall (with a light fast firing pin) and put it on my brothers turbo(with a heavier slower pin) Shot just as good on both. I could be wrong but a good barrel is a good barrel.

Tuna
I have found that a good barrel is the single MOST important part of a good shooting gun. A good trigger is probably second and a good tuner setting third. After that there are a number of things That need to be right to complete the unit. nothing will make a bad barrel into a killer barrel.

Back