The "Crawfish" Shoot

Hey Pete ,
Are they all running down the street to get their new 6:00 pins or are they all running to get some of that killer #6 machine. Maybe that's why it's killer, it has all been pre-indexed for the 6:00 fp. -CS

beer kegs there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Todd,
We all know if a certain someone wasn't getting his pockets padded for pushing the 6oc pin we wouldn't be hearing anything about it. I guess he thinks he is the sole inventor of it. So far the weathers looking great for next week. You drive careful coming down, see ya at Gateway.

Hey Clint, or you going to be there with some of killer #6 machine for everyone to try out.

Hey Clint, or you going to be there with some of killer #6 machine for everyone to try out.

Yes Sir , If the Lord is willing we'll be there , but Gerald it's all killer. The plan is to be there Thursday so shooters can start
testing. You and your wife have a safe trip. See you there.

- Clint / SHOOTING FOR PERFECTION

Yes it is, if you have the right nut behind the trigger, and a 6:00 pin, single point scope mount, and on and on and on. Is the range going to be open on Thur. I may leave on Wed. if it is.

Gerald,

Thumper said it would be open for testing Thursday. Later. -CS

Gerald, Clint, et all,
For all early arrivals, we will begin the R&D on thursday. I'm still curious as to how this piece of mechanical innovation is going to work in the wind here? The 6:00 pin has been in play for quite some time now as Todd Banks stated earlier, but to make rash statements about it being the greatest thing since "night football", is kinda pushing the envelope, or at least it is in my way of thinking anyway! Using the winners of 3 indoor matches as a marketing tool is kinda shakey to me, especially since these guys are seasoned, experienced, accomplished marksmen. They could have won with the pin in any given position as long as the gun went bang. If it is as great as "they" say it is, then why hasn't Remington, Ans., Walther, Win., ULA, Hall,, Borden, etc. utilized it in the past 100 years? The next component under fire now is the RVA tuner and the way it must be "modified to work properly"! I can't wait for the next chapter on how "Jewel" needs to redesign their trigger to meet the standards of these other "newly developed" rimfire accuracy components! McMillan better go into the stand-by mode for stock mods, they could be next on the list! I can say for sure that the food and fun will be in great quantities for our shoot. Thumper

"Advancing Stock Appeal"
This will change this stock forever. Tuna is going to paint it "Hooters Orange and White" after the match. It won't be for sale with the 4th caller or the highest bidder. This is my Merideth stock Hall action that will be known as "Hooters One". This is a Great time to be going to the Crawfish.

I may have

My Tubular pinned bolt back from R&D by then. It promises to change RF accuracy forever; truly does. I decided to do it with my Swiss Straight Pull action. It was a B word getting the extractor to work but I think we have er good enough for this one event. Oh. I found a Pope barrel in a pawn shop I am using on it with a tuner I borrowed from Denny, should be interesting.

"Advancing Stock Appeal"
This will change this stock forever. Tuna is going to paint it "Hooters Orange and White" after the match. It won't be for sale with the 4th caller or the highest bidder. This is my Merideth stock Hall action that will be known as "Hooters One". This is a Great time to be going to the Crawfish.

Thumper says you might be Hooters Two as his is orange ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to be like someone else. It's going to be "Hooters One" Don't care what any body thinks.(Tuna get the orange pigment on mine closer to orange on those skimpy little shorts)or how many orange stocks are out their.
Great time to be Going to the "Crawfish".

Oh This stock will be changed for ever. It's taken a couple of years to get er done. But it will be changed for ever.

I am going to be like someone else. It's going to be "Hooters One" Don't care what any body thinks.(Tuna get the orange pigment on mine closer to orange on those skimpy little shorts)or how many orange stocks are out their.
Great time to be Going to the "Crawfish".

Oh This stock will be changed for ever. It's taken a couple of years to get er done. But it will be changed for ever.

Oh this Orange

98bx8x.jpg

Tuna, Gordon, met her yesterday! You just can't imagine the new and improved vibration modifications that have been incorporated in developing this model and series "action"! An undisclosed firing pin location, relaxed trigger, dual tuners, single point scope mount, and a stock that'll make your eyes water up----what a paint job? Talk about "riding the bags" in free recoil, tis truly space age technology at it's finest, and it includes the newly developed "over the horizon missle guidence system". Doesn't seem to be ammo "picky", works well at all speeds. Thumper

Tuna, Gordon, met her yesterday! You just can't imagine the new and improved vibration modifications that have been incorporated in developing this model and series "action"! An undisclosed firing pin location, relaxed trigger, dual tuners, single point scope mount, and a stock that'll make your eyes water up----what a paint job? Talk about "riding the bags" in free recoil, tis truly space age technology at it's finest, and it includes the newly developed "over the horizon missle guidence system". Doesn't seem to be ammo "picky", works well at all speeds. Thumper

Thumper you left out the muzzel device !

It appears that if any of us are actually going to get any shooting done next weekend we had all better bring effective MD's with us. Hip boots or waders might help too, but leave em in the car when we get to Hooters. bob

It appears that if any of us are actually going to get any shooting done next weekend we had all better bring effective MD's with us. Hip boots or waders might help too, but leave em in the car when we get to Hooters. bob

It's so deep we are going to need a pontoon boat.......Buy hey we are going to have fun....winning is just a bonus and nothing if you have no fun

Back