Shipping costs:

Young feller, you need to get in the real World.
Tell me what you do and I'll have several fixes for your problems.
I know, you have no problems and just fix others.

I'm retired so I'm hardly young and I do what I want when I want.

What's the nature of your business?

BTW Midway has free shipping on over $49 worth of some items. Was looking at some bullets and they happened to be "on sale" and got free shipping to boot so I bought some that I wouldn't have otherwise. So shipping costs matter.

I'm retired so I'm hardly young and I do what I want when I want.

What's the nature of your business?

BTW Midway has free shipping on over $49 worth of some items. Was looking at some bullets and they happened to be "on sale" and got free shipping to boot so I bought some that I wouldn't have otherwise. So shipping costs matter.

Feller, you should know that ain't nothing free. I guess I ain't made enough money to retire. You must be a go getter.
I'm 78yrs old and have to work for 2 companies to put food on the table. You might rite a book or start a blog to help us old folks out.

Feller, you should know that ain't nothing free. I guess I ain't made enough money to retire. You must be a go getter.
I'm 78yrs old and have to work for 2 companies to put food on the table. You might rite a book or start a blog to help us old folks out.

Suffice it to say that I'll be mindful of shipping costs [among others] when I decide how badly I want or need something.

Young feller. Using what you said, I need to charge $45.?

"If something costs $3 to ship then I would think that doubling that to $6 to cover overhead associated with it would be fair; esp. since they have no control over the service after it leaves their facility".

I’m not sure of when Antelope last sent a package but $3.00 gives me a hint as to when it was. The P.O. will pick up a package at your door if they remember to do that. After a couple times of them “forgetting” to drive up to the house and having to take it to the P.O. a day late, I find it easier and better for relations to just take it to the P.O. and leaving the flag up hasn’t helped. I don’t want to leave a box outside the mailbox and there in the open for the elements and prying eyes and the dusty road. Butch is doing it the right way according to me.

Young feller. Using what you said, I need to charge $45.?

"If something costs $3 to ship then I would think that doubling that to $6 to cover overhead associated with it would be fair; esp. since they have no control over the service after it leaves their facility".

What item/s exactly are you talking about shipping? Hard to discuss when you aren't specific.

A Remington 700 stainless trigger guard in a cardboard cover/box [like how you put a tube of toothpaste into a box] put into a bubble pack envelope should cost around $4 USPS postage with free tracking. Figure another say $4 to cover cost of bubble pack and someone to print the label and put it on. IMO decent order taking software should print or have ready to print a shipping label. Somehow the seller seems to think it's necessary to require $16 shipping. To his benefit the cost of the item is considerably less than the $270 for the same item from Midway. Sooooooooooooooo since the cost of his item was even less than he previously charged I sucked it up and ordered it. I expect that's what a lot of folks do.

I’m not sure of when Antelope last sent a package but $3.00 gives me a hint as to when it was. The P.O. will pick up a package at your door if they remember to do that. After a couple times of them “forgetting” to drive up to the house and having to take it to the P.O. a day late, I find it easier and better for relations to just take it to the P.O. and leaving the flag up hasn’t helped. I don’t want to leave a box outside the mailbox and there in the open for the elements and prying eyes and the dusty road. Butch is doing it the right way according to me.

Why just last week I sent a set of Leupold scope covers to a gent in California. Cost me $2.85 for first class postage with free tracking and my carrier took it from my mailbox. It got there in good time as well.

feller, you should know that ain't nothing free. I guess i ain't made enough money to retire. You must be a go getter.
it all depends what you retrie from from work or reponsiblity if your subity was small you couldnt buy grubor health care or car payment at any age or any thing you own mind work alone is work and those assets you posses are daily reponseibly.

it all depends what you retrie from from work or reponsiblity if your subity was small you couldnt buy grubor health care or car payment at any age or any thing you own mind work alone is work and those assets you posses are daily reponseibly.

I was under the impression that he runs his own business and ships items that are somewhat on the heavy or bulky side. Ah guess ah was rong.

eventdintly you arent vary old yet farmers never made much at an timeaqnd what you still have is hard to sell or leave

Back