Sharing a Rifle?

Actually, believe or not but it was Freds ammo too, Out of all of the ammo Dan had, Fred had the lot that worked that day...Dan did not supply it....also there was no letting the other person have the win...they went head to head all the way. Congratulations to all that had good finishes....us Missouri Boys didn't have the combination at all down there.

Interesting enough, Brian Brandt had his hot shooting turbo that he won the outdoor ARA nationals and PSL match with and couldn't do squat in the barn either, even with his best ammo. It is a special combination to shoot in that place. Fred had it.

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just the "Nationals", it's the Indoor at "THE BARN"!!! When you get there your well tuned rifle and ammo to match might not work. Dan and Collins sell a bunch of ammo in dif. speeds, all day long, a box at a time. I have been crushed by the "Barn" twice now and still look forward to the RBA in Jan.
If you find a combination that works at 9:00 am 12 noon and 4 in the afternoon please PM me and NO ONE ELSE!!!

Al Kunard

Every time I have been to that dreaded place it has crushed me as well.

I would imagine it would be a bigger issue. But it's not just this match. People have complained about it for years. I don't like it, but nobody cares if I or anybody else cares or not, so it will continue. Just live with it. It should not be used to degrade Leeds and Killough's victory.

Thank you Madrox thats what what I was trying to say, they each had to dial it in and pull the trigger on there own so I would not think anyone can take that away from them good shooting to both

Didn't Mike Eschelman (sp) and some other guy use the same equipment to win the outdoor nationals for several years in a row?

Didn't Mike Eschelman (sp) and some other guy use the same equipment to win the outdoor nationals for several years in a row?

Mike and Dearl Lane....they shot Dearls Rifle and ammo. When they were shooting that rifle and ammo combination one of them was going to take first and the other was going to take second. Of course they both were excellent shooters also. Not anyone could have won with that rifle but I am sure there were a bunch that could have had they had it.

Charlie

Advertising

Ya'll are beating the wrong horse. It was not the rifle or the ammo they shared that won. It was the One Piece REST they were sharing that won it for them.

I have often wondered

why one piece rests are permitted. Are they only allowed with Unlimited rifles or all rifles? They seems to fly in the face of true Benchrest competition if they are allowed in all the classes when compaired to other forms of the game.

why one piece rests are permitted. Are they only allowed with Unlimited rifles or all rifles? They seems to fly in the face of true Benchrest competition if they are allowed in all the classes when compaired to other forms of the game.

Pete,

It is because they work the best and Pappas has to eat too.

Concho Bill

And I thought I'd heard it all

Lemme get this straight. Are some of y'all sincerely "miffed" about sharing rifles?

Pete: Read the rules for the various sanctioning organizations for rest requirements. One piece rests are allowed in the unlimited class in IR50 and ARA among others. They are NOT allowed in the weight classes of IR50.

Wilbur, absolutely not. Sharing is part of the game and should remain so. That's my opinion and I'm gonna stick with it. bob finger

Pete, I have shot both 2 pcs and the great Pappas 1 pcs Harry shot a ransome rest forever with great results the one piece is just so much easier! We are lazy because James Pappas makes such a great rest!You can have it set up in just a minute and your done. JLG
Sorry Pete yes just in unlimited

Sorry Wilbur, I Can't Resist

Lemme get this straight. Are some of y'all sincerely "miffed" about sharing rifles?

Wilbur, it is the rest. Last year Danny Hepler and Craig Young were sharing rest and came first and third. Then the first year Jerry Graves and Greg DeQuasie were sharing rest and came in first and second. I think I see a pattern here.

James
The ones you mention also shared rifles and ammo. There does seem to be a pattern. Oh yeah it was also all at Rocky River. Where is Sherlock when you need him?
Don

Wilbur, it is the rest. Last year Danny Hepler and Craig Young were sharing rest and came first and third. Then the first year Jerry Graves and Greg DeQuasie were sharing rest and came in first and second. I think I see a pattern here.

I know I see a pattern here, and it is 675.00/675.00/675.00/675.00:D

James
The ones you mention also shared rifles and ammo. There does seem to be a pattern. Oh yeah it was also all at Rocky River. Where is Sherlock when you need him?
Don

Don,
Seems to me you even shot my gun for a target at the barn?

History

BR 50 was the first rimfire benchrest association started in 1989. It was started with the thought for the ultimate quest for accuracy for rimfire rifles. One piece rests were allowed in 1995. Br 50 was new and had none of the hang ups of changing the rules that stiffle new ideas like centerfire br. ARA replaced BR 50 and continued with most of the same rules. The rules for rifles and rest is pretty well anything is legal. IR 50/50 and RBA use front rests and sand bags in the 3 gun. In unlimited in both IR 50/50 and RBA one piece rests are allowed. Why would you think one piece rests fly in the face of true BR? Why would anyone compare rimfire br with centerfire br? In centerfire if you come up with a new idea that helps the rifle shoot better it will probably be declared illegal. In rimfire br we have no problem with new ideas to help rifle shoot better. I take it that you come from centerfire BR by your post.

Back