Rifle for Airgun Benchrest?

The same could be said of Rimfire or Centerfire and position shooting, None of these are for the faint of wallet. As one person put it he could go and get a shotgun off the shelf ( less than $500 and several boxes of shells) and go shoot trap,skeet sporting clays ect and have blast. Heck I was trying to run some barnyard ( basically anything goes) shoots hardly any interest there either, but the pistol range was going nutz. They were burning ammo like sand through an hourglass. And the AR15style shoots are also well attended. Now this mostly a somewhat younger crowd - but hey they get older, slower and more conservative after awhile ( especially when the married with children impacts them), at that point they start to drift in our direction. I know I was one of them many many moons ago. About the only thing I never tried my hand at was the action pistol stuff.

The same could be said of Rimfire or Centerfire and position shooting, None of these are for the faint of wallet. As one person put it he could go and get a shotgun off the shelf ( less than $500 and several boxes of shells) and go shoot trap,skeet sporting clays ect and have blast. Heck I was trying to run some barnyard ( basically anything goes) shoots hardly any interest there either, but the pistol range was going nutz. They were burning ammo like sand through an hourglass. And the AR15style shoots are also well attended. Now this mostly a somewhat younger crowd - but hey they get older, slower and more conservative after awhile ( especially when the married with children impacts them), at that point they start to drift in our direction. I know I was one of them many many moons ago. About the only thing I never tried my hand at was the action pistol stuff.

Any range one goes to one will see the Blasters. Frequently they come with a duffle bag full of loaded magazines and shoot at the berm or worse, at the ground in front of them, until either the gun seizes up or they are out of ammo. They shoot at nothing but seem to simply love to hear the noise and feel the gun working. Not long ago at the range I frequent a lad showed up with an AK and an M-16 fitted with bump fire stocks, which make the rifles run like a sub-machinegun. He shot both of them until he had shot his duffel full of loaded magazines. He shot at the ground in front of him and wasn't shooting to hit anything. I don't get it or them.

Last edited:
Of the PCP air rifles

on the market, is there one in particular that lends itself to ease of bedding into a BR stock?????

I am really interested in getting into something.

As I shoot short range BR competitively, I want something that will shoot good but is not a bear to get into a BR stock.

Suggestions or pictures of rifles that have been put into BR stocks. This will be for my own use and not competition but I want a true BR stock configuration.

or should I just buy a Feinwerkbau 700 Bench Rest and be done with it?????????

Calvin

Last edited:
There is one maker

on the market, is there one in particular that lends itself to ease of bedding into a BR stock?????

As I shoot short range BR competitively, I want something that will shoot good but is not a bear to get into a BR stock.

Suggestions or pictures of rifles that have been put into BR stocks. This will be for my own use and not competition but I want a true BR stock configuration.

Calvin

Who offers a line of Benchrest Ready rifles. Rapid Air Works, I believe the name is. They are here in the South somewhere. Google it or RAW and see what you find. They only sell through dealers I believe. Be prepared to SPEND.

Pete

Calvin

Rapid Air Weapons - dedicated benchrest stocks on several models

https://www.rapidairweapons.com/xcart/home.php?cat=262

Back