Reloader 7 X 30 BR

Liseo

As the Reloader 7 is the only powder available, what will be a good starting point to reload a 30 BR in 30 Robinet chamber ( zero free-bore) using Berger 115 grains FB ? barrel is Krieger 1/17 tw.

Thanks

I had some luck in the 32.5-33.0 range, and I have heard others going higher. I never did have a chance to chrony the loads, but the 33.0 seemed to shoot the best. This was in a savage action using 118gr BIB's with heavy jam-seat. My experimenting ended because the H4198 shot so well, and I have since retired that rifle for my new rig.
I went up to 33.5gr, but that barrel was just too finicky for me.
Good luck and hope this helps.
Mike

As the Reloader 7 is the only powder available, what will be a good starting point to reload a 30 BR in 30 Robinet chamber ( zero free-bore) using Berger 115 grains FB ? barrel is Krieger 1/17 tw.

Thanks

Would you please explain further, this comment you have made. "As the Reloader 7 is the only powder available". What do you mean "Available", what about IMR 4198 and H4198, N130?

Paul

Would you please explain further, this comment you have made. "As the Reloader 7 is the only powder available". What do you mean "Available", what about IMR 4198 and H4198, N130?

Paul

Paul
Unfortunately because I live outside USA :mad: and this is the only powder avalable, and this just because a friend brought in the USA some years ago.

Savet06

Thanks for your recipe, I will start a little lower and will check to find the best charge:)

Many thanks to all.

Liseo

Reloader 7

It would be great if you had a Chronograph. Just load it untill it hits about 2950-3000 fps, and fine tune it from there.........jackie

It would be great if you had a Chronograph. Just load it untill it hits about 2950-3000 fps, and fine tune it from there.........jackie

Jackie

I have a Prochono from competition Eletronics chronograph. I believe this in no good as a Oehler, but think will be good enough for this purpose.

This afternoon will be doing the test and try to post photo groups made with the 30 BR and others made with a newly installed barrel in PPC rifle.
Both rifles using BAT action, Krieger barrel, Jewell trigger and McMillan stock and assembled by two top gunsmith from USA.
With this set up, if i cant achieve good groups, I need find another hobby, dont you think?:D:D

Many thanks to you and others, always triyng to help:)

Jackie

I have a Prochono from competition Eletronics chronograph. I believe this in no good as a Oehler, but think will be good enough for this purpose.

This afternoon will be doing the test and try to post photo groups made with the 30 BR and others made with a newly installed barrel in PPC rifle.
Both rifles using BAT action, Krieger barrel, Jewell trigger and McMillan stock and assembled by two top gunsmith from USA.
With this set up, if i cant achieve good groups, I need find another hobby, dont you think?:D:D

Many thanks to you and others, always triyng to help:)

Liseo, if you can obtain Vectan (Nobel Sport) powders, score some Tubal-2000 - for the 30 BR and other short thirty caliber chamberings, this stuff is pretty decent - had I taken advice sooner, I'd have a BIG stash of this powder. . . but I didn't listen soon enough! :eek: :D I'm with Jackie here - most barrels will perform extremely well in the upper 2900 FPS range. I don't intend to scold, or, be rude - are not some other powders (brands/manufacturers) available?? RG

Robinett

You would´n believe if I told the sacrifices we have to do to practice rifle shooting in my country. For one pound of Reloader 7 I paid U$ 110.00 :(
The Nobel brand I never saw one canister at least.
The only brand available is CBC (Maghtech), and they don´t care about us.

While with Sierra 168 MK I can achieve groups in the .2 to .4 MOA , the bullets made by CBC I can´t do best than 2 MOA( and this with they call "match bullet" :mad:)

Some months ago we tried import powder from USA, but without sucess.
Such material may not be transported by plane, and even by ship we don´t find someone willing to bring some.
In our circle of shooters friends, we always say that in the next incarnation
we want born in the USA:D:D

Liseo
** A rifle shooting enthusiast living in the wrong place:eek:

OK, now stopping the complaints and back to the reloading room:D

I used to shoot it quite a bit a couple years ago. It's actually very similar to 4198 in burn rate, start at 33grs and work your way up. I've won matches using an upper end load of the stuff. If I had one complaint about it, it would be that it's not as clean burning as 4198 or N130. Pete Wass has used it quite a bit as well, he may chime in.

Hal d.

Happy to ear this, as i just bought the remaining six pounds of Reloader 7
from my friend. I believe that I will not find another pound even if i search in the entire country:eek:

Well - - -

I have had very good results with Re-7 in all the 30 chamberings I have used it in. Like Hal sez, it is very close to either N-130 or H-4198. I have won a number of matches whilst using it.

My feelings on it being dirtier is I didn't notice. I shoot my rifles all day without cleaning so I have to do them when I get home. I have never found a powder that burned so well that cleaning wasn't necessary.

I found it while looking for a substitute for that Evil Viht powder, evil because of the price and availability. Quirky importer, in my opinion and like I have tried to do with avoiding others such as UPS; find another way. My feeling is to avoid entities that cause trouble. That is what I continue to do, if possable. Buy American if one can and don't do business with people who are arrogant or charge unreasonable prices.

Last edited:
Good luck Liseo with it, as now we are the only two shooters in our country that have a 30BR rifle... :cool:

Dont forget to post the results.

Back