Professional Shooting League

Dan Killough

Dan, I like your idea and will be proud to be a sponsor. I think other people who manufacture or sell products for rimfire shooters would want to be sponsors on some level. I know in the last year you have donated quite a bit to winners of matches. Being a sponsor would not keep me from being allowed to shoot in a match would it? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be nice James.....You don't want to hurt anyone's FEELINGS...Do you?:eek:

James,

Sponsors will be allowed to shoot, and I thank you for your sponsorship of the 1st target of each match.

None of the PSL employees will be competing however. That is the one thing about this that I do not like. I can not shoot in it:mad: Too big of a conflict of interest.

You don't have to have an audience, corporate sponsors work just fine. I shoot competitive archery, I have a few sponsors that provide me with their product and I attend events wearing attire provided by them if required. They reduce the cost of me competing, and I help promote them. I get our league fees covered by local businesses. This is extremely common. I know people, male and female that shoot a bow for a living. Terry Ragsdale lives a few miles from me and was a pro shooter for PSE for 27 years, the only job he ever had. His wife did it for 25 years. Terry was 7 time world indoor champion.

Bottom line is this thing has legs. The big difference bewteen this and Archery is I shoot a PSE bow you can buy from your local shop and go hunt with if you like. Our equipment is not necessarily more expensive, but it is harder to come by.

James,

Sponsors will be allowed to shoot, and I thank you for your sponsorship of the 1st target of each match.

None of the PSL employees will be competing however. That is the one thing about this that I do not like. I can not shoot in it:mad: Too big of a conflict of interest.

OK Dan's out then I'm in :D Just kidding, man it's going to drive Dan Nuts sitting on the sidelines. Not to compare apple to oranges but I can see it now, Team owners with 4-5 shooters on the team, building rifles back at the shop, testing setups and sharing info between shooters, ammo etc.... RV's pulling in with the team logos, sponsors. Equipment chiefs handling the setups at the range, you name it. Spotters on each end of the range reporting wind shifts to thier shooter listening on headsets etc.... Yeah it sounds unreal but you never know.

My one hope is that it helps the associations, ARA, IR50/50 etc... to grow. As I stated in other post I'm new to this, first year, and I still believe that for whatever reason there should be more participates out there. Heck I live in a metro area of 1.3 million folks and I still think there's has to be at least a couple of hundred who would be involved with rimfire benchrest if they knew about it and had the chance of going out and seeing it or try it. Some of you have been at this a long time and probably have tried pulling in new shooters so I could be completely off in my thinking, but I'd like to be able to attend a match every week within a one hour drive of my house and see 20-30 shooters to compete with. Maybe just a pipe dream.

Les

Dan Killough

James,

I hope you hire D.J., Jerry Graves, Bob Barnhart, Darrel Barnes, Joe Besche, Harry Deneen, Kirk Gaston, Richard Gorham and the buyer of SPEC 7, SOLD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to throw this out there, but BR can be a great spectator sport. One place that I've shot had a camera and TV monitors hooked up to show you the targets being shot on screen. It was a lot of fun watching the other folks shoot on the monitor. I could even see where side bets could happen in a situation like that, even though we didn't do that.
I thought the monitors were a great idea. I allowed the other shooters to view the screen as the targets were being shot, kept 'em from being bored, and made for some good suspense as the shooter went along with a clean target, and folks wondering if he was going to miss or not.

Just to throw this out there, but BR can be a great spectator sport. One place that I've shot had a camera and TV monitors hooked up to show you the targets being shot on screen. It was a lot of fun watching the other folks shoot on the monitor. I could even see where side bets could happen in a situation like that, even though we didn't do that.
I thought the monitors were a great idea. I allowed the other shooters to view the screen as the targets were being shot, kept 'em from being bored, and made for some good suspense as the shooter went along with a clean target, and folks wondering if he was going to miss or not.

Kent has a great idea. If at the end of the match there were monitors on the leaders targets that would be exciting to watch.

Remember, It is $5,500 total purse. $100 to each target winner for a total of $500. The remaining $5,000 is spread out over the top 10 finishers. So, win one target or finish 10th and you get your entry fee back.

The $5,500 is the minimum it will be. If we can get the sponsors on board, that number will go up.

OK,

So I re-read it and now I understand. I thought 1st place would be $5,500.

Charlie

Kent

We shoot some matches on the electronic targets at the Olympic range in Sydney and there is a 6 inch computer screen on the bench and an overhead scoreboard over each bench similar to a bowling ally. As soon as you shoot the score goes up for everyone to view, if you have a long run of good shots everyone can see it, if you have a couple of bad shoots everyone can see it. Knowing everyone can see what you’re doing when you do it adds a whole new level of stress to the shooter, its good fun.

Peter

Does this mean that anyone who shoots in the Professional League can't compete with us amateurs any more?

I really don't think we need worry too much about it in Maine. ;)

Picher

Electronic or camera aimed targets!

We have two shooting ranges in my state that have these features and it is amazing how it can atract an audience!!

That was the way the ISSF found to boost the interest on olympic shooting and they got it right.

The PSL is proud to announce that Lapua has agreed to be the title sponsor for the inaugural Lapua Series in 2009. Lapua once again shows that they are dedicated to furthering shooting sports in America. The overall point champion at the end of the Lapua Series season will recieve a check for $5,000.

Look out...is Obama behind this???

Sound like a redistribution of wealth to me....from my pocket to others... :eek: :eek: Don't lynch me yet...just kidding. I really like the idea and the cameras are cool and not that expensive anymore. Drive on.

Hovis

As I understand it, there is nothing about professional status mentioned in the amateur leagues we have now.

Concho Bill

Thanks

Thanks
To Lapua

Lapua has competive 22 Rimfire ammunition
The 2008 ARA Nationals was won with Lapua

The IR 50/50 3 Gun Nationals 6 Gun High Agg
Was won using Lapua & Eley

The PSL Un-limited Match at The Rocky River Barn in Feburday 2009
and The PSL Un-limited Match at The Piney Hill Benchrest at Luray VA in March 2009
will be interesting

Last edited:
Dan; I have to ask this. Now that Lapua is the title sponsor - are they going to have some X-Act in the country before the tournament or are we stuck trying to find midas + or center-X that shoots good? Not trying to be a jerk, I'd really like to know.

Wayne Juergens

Lapua X-Acte

Due to the popularity of the x-act supplys in the us have been depleted temporarly. We are doing everything possible to get new stock. Thank you for your intrest and support in introducing this new product.

Back