Potential New World Record Shot by Gary Ocock - ** NEW** Sta-Moly Precision Jackets

• Thread starter StaMoly Jackets
  • Start date
S

StaMoly Jackets

Just in from Gary Ocock...Gary shot NBRSA unlimited match in Washington State using our new Sta-Moly Precision Jacket. The new potential record will be submitted for official measurement by the records committee. Gary is delighted with the performance of our new product.

Jeff

I'll send more info this week, but here is preliminary info on the world record.

5 10 shot groups at 100 and 200 yard Grand

Current Record: Tony Boyer .2148

Range measured at

100 yard .2010
200 yard .2039
Grand .2025 - Potential record.

Gary

Jeff Peinhardt
Sta-Moly Precision Jackets
717-786-8321

Looks like Gary did a really Good job of Shooting. Hope it holds. That's one really good Agg. Got one question. WHAT is Sta-Moly Precision Jackets?
Chet

As I understand it, Jeff has an extensive background in writing very tight material spec's for gilding metal, among other things and has applied that expertise to developing specifications for bullet jackets, that are manufactured for him by an experienced manufacturer. As far as I know 6mm .790 and .816 length jackets are currently available.

Gary Ocock has made his own bullets for a long time, and he is currently using dies made by George Ulrich, who is Jeff's good friend.

This potential record is a feather in the cap of the shooter/gunsmith, and could have not been done unless the bullets were of the very highest quality, which of course points back to George and Jeff.

IMO anything that increases the competition between component manufacturers can only be good for bullet makers and their customers.

30 cal jackets are coming. 6.5mmx1.325 now available

What is the significance of the name "StaMoly".

The first visceral reaction is that it has something to do with molybdenum disulfide.

Please say it ain't so!

StaMoly....Just a name. Corvette.....Just a name. What does Chevrolet mean?

Thanks Boyd
I was only asking because I never heard the name Sta-Moly Precision Jacket before. I would ask the same question if I had never heard the name Corvette before.
Does Jeff make these Jackets for sale to anyone who wants to make bullets? Again I only ask because I am very interested in anything that has to with accuratize in the Benchrest shooting world.

Chet

Congratulations due on several fronts . . . .

It appears that, "the cat is out of the bag!" :cool:;) WOW, what an introduction . . . :eek: RG

Does this Guy make 1" 30cal jackets? Be nice if there was more available!

Chevrolet was the name of the man that started the Chevrolet Auto Company, Gaston Chevrolet, along with his brother Louis. It later was sold to and became a line in the General Motors stable.

Yes, 30 cal 1.000" are also scheduled. I will try to keep all updated on this site.

I just can't understand why someone would just assume that the "-Moly" would automatically refer to Molybdenum Disulfide..... I mean there's Molly Hatchet, good ol' MDMA molly from back in the day, Shipwreck Molly, Holy-Moly.........

Back