Potential New World Record Shot by Gary Ocock - ** NEW** Sta-Moly Precision Jackets

• Thread starter StaMoly Jackets
  • Start date
The Shelby Super Snake has 850 HP and a quarter mile time of 10.66 seconds on pump gas and street tires. The 2012 Ford Cobra Jet Mustang is a true production car that is the quickest bar none, with a 0-100 mph time of 3.26 seconds, and 0-60 mph time of 1.52 seconds. The car was not street legal, and only 50 were made for a price tag of about 100K, but it was a true production car. Links to both cars are listed below.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...est-accelerating-production-car-ar127743.html

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/8...10-66-at-the-strip-for-a-price/#ixzz2dO8FYq00

Michael

Not much faster than the production 63 Z11 Chevy Impala 427 running 10.8 seconds@128 mph over 50 years ago. Street legal. Cost around 4 grand.....:eek:

Later
Dave

Last edited:
Not much faster than the production 63 Z11 Chevy Impala 427 running 10.8 seconds@128 mph over 50 years ago. Street legal. Cost around 4 grand.....:eek:

Later
Dave

So true Dave. The main thing that we have now is technology. We make power in a very efficient manner. My GT Mustang, while it is only a 12 second car, got 32.7 mpg on my last trip to Raton to shoot a match. Not bad for a 400+ HP V8. I went the speed limit, no running 5mph over, and no passing with my foot to the floor, also drove like I had an egg under my foot. Speed limits ranged from 55 to 75mph. It wasn't a fun trip at all for a muscle car. I promise not to drive that way again. It's just wrong.

Back in the 60's, there were a lot of very quick cars from all manufacturers, most got less than 20 mpg, but gas was cheap, so why not use as much as possible to make a much power as possible. Your 409 is just another good example of American made muscle. My dad's 59 Chevy had the 348 with a six pack, he talked about how quick it was on many occasions.

Michael

WHERE DID YOU FIND THE ARTICLE ?
( change happens....my last exposure was when the fia dropped from 500 to 250 for production)

The FIA information came from Wikipedia, but the FIA is a European organization I believe. Ford is an American company, and here in the USA, we go by the NHRA, and they say a production class car has to have a minimum of 50 cars to qualify.

Michael

Back