Potential New World Record Shot by Gary Ocock - ** NEW** Sta-Moly Precision Jackets

• Thread starter StaMoly Jackets
  • Start date
As much as I like Gary and would like to see him get another WR, I have a sneaking suspicion this won't do it for him. Those in the "know" know why. Nevertheless, it is fun to talk about "pending" WR's while the targets are being scrutinized.

Btw, Chevy and Ford are both slow compared to Dodge! Checkout the new Challenger Hellcat........700+ ponies right off the showroom floor. Eat dust Suckstang!:p;)

Last edited:
As much as I like Gary and would like to see him get another WR, I have a sneaking suspicion this won't do it for him. Those in the "know" know why. Nevertheless, it is fun to talk about "pending" WR's while the targets are being scrutinized.

yep, I would say you are probably right kind of a shame .....

Last edited:
another lie...another tap dance..
why the secrecy ??
i do shoot in competition.....

Not to take anything from Gary Ocock, to shoot an agg that small is a real achievement.

So do I and I'm not in the know.......not even on the same continent but the only thing that matters is the end result after the record committee does their bit.

Dave Coots.....

Still like to see that 64 Chevy

Jeff Peinhardt

Jeff

Try this................

I am going to miss the NBRSA Nationals this year. There is a nationwide 409 race in Great Bend, Ks the weekend the NBRSA Nationals get over. There will be over 40 409 cars racing and several showing. There are around 150 people signed up so far. People from all over the US and Canada are coming, also New Zealand and Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5IbgLue9Ao&feature=youtu.be

Just the old beater I drive on the street................:cool:

Later
Dave

Last edited:
Dave Coots,

409 wicked.....we do a bunch of Ford Modular heads every year in our race shop. I have a real appreciation for big HP! Will miss your company at NBRSA nats. Have fun at your 409 meet!

The Ford is still quickest

The Shelby Super Snake has 850 HP and a quarter mile time of 10.66 seconds on pump gas and street tires. The 2012 Ford Cobra Jet Mustang is a true production car that is the quickest bar none, with a 0-100 mph time of 3.26 seconds, and 0-60 mph time of 1.52 seconds. The car was not street legal, and only 50 were made for a price tag of about 100K, but it was a true production car. Links to both cars are listed below.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...est-accelerating-production-car-ar127743.html

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/8...10-66-at-the-strip-for-a-price/#ixzz2dO8FYq00

Michael

Last edited:
"production" has lots of meanings....but in the race side of the car industry a run of 50 cars does not make PRODUCTION in any area i know of....

Production simply means produced in a number of more than one. While 50 is not considered high production, it is production, and that is 50 per year. In the car industry a run of 50 is considered production, or the fasted production car title could not be claimed. Opinions are not facts. You completely ignored the Super Snake. If it isn't considered production, then why can anyone order one, and drive it on the street daily?

Michael

Wrong again

mr turner,
go look at any sanctioning body in the auto sports, NOT THE MANUFACTURE TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING.
(your OPINON of the WORD PRODUCTION carries little weight in the real world of automobiles)

IN MOST AREAS 50 WOULD BE A PROTOTYPE, not a production car.
you are listening to the maker, trying to sell and make a claim.
has FIA recognized the manufactures claims ??

Stop arguing just for argument sake. Maybe this answers you question.

Motorsports

Main articles: Production car racing and Stock car racing

There have been numerous disputes over what constituted production and modified cars when used in motorsports. Even under Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the exact definition of what was (or was not) a production car was unclear and controversial, which led to rules written in 1955.[10] Although the term is defined for particular types of vehicles, and that a certain number of a model must be produced in order to qualify as "production", it is another matter to enforce the rules.[10] For example, the 1968 FIA rules state that "production" for sports cars need to have at least 25 identical cars produced within a 12-month period and they were meant for normal sale to individual purchasers.[11] However, FIA rules tend to allow a degree of modification from the original.

Ford knows the rules to qualify as a true production car.

Michael

Back