Please, please, please, use your real name.

The Government

I do but I also don't blame those who won't and have lost their trust in thier own government.

knows everything about everybody so there is no point thinking otherwise. It's silly to think otherwise.
Pete

Some folks still like to have their own privacy. And probably more so as not to invite the thieves to come and steal what you have. And the firearms related to the shooting sports that are being shared on this site.

so did "30 government" apply to the precursor of 30'06 or
to 30'06 as well ?
seem i have seen some ammo boxes of 30'06 marked "governement"

Jerry,
I have read your posts over the years asking for people to use their real names on these forums, and, while I understand your desire to know who is posting and connect them with a match list, there is a reason why many don't: it was how we were taught in school when learning about the internet.
Never use your real name, don't give out your credit card information, don't click on any links from people you don't know, don't take candy from strangers or hop into unmarked panel vans with a guy who asks what clothing size you wear (it puts the lotion in the basket).
When connected with my business/profession I will use my real name, but this is my hobby/sport and I want to keep it separate.
I don't want my name easily searchable by my clients - not that I am ashamed one bit about my hobby, I just want to keep it separate from my professional life. By using my real name as my forum name any post I make becomes easily searchable by anyone. I realize that those that want to find me and my information will do so I just don't want to make that easy for them.

If that makes anyone less "gutsy" as you imply, then I might ask you to try to understand a different perspective.

Mike

Last edited:
Many of us

Jerry,
I have read your posts over the years asking for people to use their real names on these forums, and, while I understand your desire to know who is posting and connect them with a match list, there is a reason why many don't: it was how we were taught in school when learning about the internet.
Never use your real name, don't give out your credit card information, don't click on any links from people you don't know, don't take candy from strangers or hop into unmarked panel vans with a guy who asks what clothing size you wear (it puts the lotion in the basket).
When connected with my business/profession I will use my real name, but this is my hobby/sport and I want to keep it separate.
I don't want my name easily searchable by my clients - not that I am ashamed one bit about my hobby, I just want to keep it separate from my professional life. By using my real name as my forum name any post I make becomes easily searchable by anyone. I realize that those that want to find me and my information will do so I just don't want to make that easy for them.

If that makes anyone less "gutsy" as you imply, then I might ask you to try to understand a different perspective.

Mike

did not grow up in a world of computers. There were no computers in my world until the Commodore we go to rate Auto insurance in the middle or late 80's so there are two worlds of people here, mebby more. Not to disagree with what you have said but there is another side to this.

Pete

Most would prefer to hide behind their key board believing that it's impossible for someone to search their whereabouts.

Some need & are much deserved of a down home azz stomping that they didn't receive while growing up.

In this WOKE,CANCEL CULTURE,PROPAGANDA B.S.that the Deep Stete/Demoncratic Party's is PREACHING.

Amazing how this country went to HELL in a hand basket w/ a 50yr experienced LYING IDIOT in the W.H. on PA Ave

Last edited:
In a smaller group like this one where probably 95% of the participants know each other going by your real name isn't that big of a deal. I know one person here and it's highly probable that there won't be any more than that. Then again a place like 24hourcampfire probably has over 100,000 members most of whom don't know nor will they ever get to know more than a few of the other members. It's quite appropriate not to post your real name there IMO. I have one name that I use for all hunting and shooting related sites and message boards. No idea how many lurkers there are here who maybe are here for nefarious purposes. I know on the coin collecting sites that there are some who are super paranoid that someone might find out that they collect coins. This place is tame by comparison. You wouldn't DARE use someone's real name in a post in some of those fora/forums.

Back