Pleasant Surprise

Dave

The first test lot I recieved was faster than the 96 pounds of the 4773 I bought.

It finally dawned on me why my Chrono numbers were lower when I went out the second time. I switched over to my new lot, and had to add about .5 grn to get the same velocity, and grouping capability. After I found the load, it shot just as well.

I can't remember what numbers were on that initial test lot........jackie

The tide changed today

I shot the new powder thursday in great conditions and I was not pleased. I was looking for a buyer after a bad day at the range.

Changed barrels today and life is GOOD! Think I will keep the stuff. It takes alot of it to get the job done though. Temps were in the 70's with high humidity. Looking forward to more testing when the temps are higher. They will get higher here for sure.

GW

The first test lot I recieved was faster than the 96 pounds of the 4773 I bought.

It finally dawned on me why my Chrono numbers were lower when I went out the second time. I switched over to my new lot, and had to add about .5 grn to get the same velocity, and grouping capability. After I found the load, it shot just as well.

I can't remember what numbers were on that initial test lot........jackie

Thanks Jackie, the "After I found the load it shot just as well" part is what I was looking for. I don't think we can expect powder to be identical lot to lot, but hopefully the new 8208 will consistently be accurate with minor tweaking.......and have the wide window that we're all looking for.

We're supposed to see 48 degrees tomorrow. I plan on working on loads and comparing the two lots I have, if the rain holds off.

-Dave-

Last edited:
We're supposed to see 48 degrees tomorrow. I plan on working on loads and comparing the two lots I have, if the rain holds off.

-Dave-

Well, last Sunday did reach the high 40's, but the "late afternoon showers" ended up starting before dawn and continued to the point of flash flooding. It didn't get very light outside either; it looked like late evening all day.

I was hoping this weekend would be decent, but it was near zero when I left for work today.........the "highs in the teens" forcast is probably about right.

Spring is a'coming. If the Groundhog (Punxsutawney Phil) gets it right maybe we'll have an early spring...That is if PETA doesn't replace him with their planned-on robotic one before then.

-Dave-

Last edited:
Back