Nra

Well, I just mailed a renewal in this morning for two years, have been absent for three years.

didn't "Dis" the nra when they pointed out serious shortcomings, and neither am I. I made an effort to point out what I believe are serious problems, and deviations from the proper path, that is all. Yes, the nra has been around for 138yrs. That, however, does NOT necessarily mean they are at present living up to their hype; nor does it mean we are getting the results we desire, or should expect, for the freight we pay. It is sad, indeed, when an organization is turned into a company that masquerades under the attributes and mantle of a bygone era, while successfully deluding the customer to believe his best interests are its driving force. But, why should I care, when I look to comparisons of other businesses today, its.......business as usual.:rolleyes:

aw man,get off their backs,they do a lot more than any business or company or assoc. you know of that lobbies for our gun rights.

looks like they have done some real good, Pelosi is quoted in this weeks Newsweek mag as saying that she "backed enforcing the laws we have now" and seems they are not pushing for the assault weapons ban.

The NRA

I just read an article about the Mexican drug situation and Hillary's comments about the U.S. being equally to blame for the drug wars. The journalist who wrote the article described how the demand for drugs exists in the U.S., the drug cartels supply the drugs and obtain weapons from the U.S.. The journalist essentially connected the dots in what he assumed Hillary's hidden agenda was with her statement; use of an end run tactic to re-kindle the Brady Bill and assault weapon ban. The liberal democratic party was smart enough to retract from this tactic, knowing full well the wrath of gun owning Americans would be vented toward Washington. They know that we are good and pissed off over the corruption, unaccountability and pathetic performance from the swine who are in Washington. They also know the NRA is one of the strongest, passionate and well funded organizations guarding our 2nd Amendment Rights and is not afraid to take on politicians who want to disarm us. This battle is not over but the lines have been drawn in the sand and liberal politicians are reluctant to go against the NRA. Name me one other organization that has that kind of political clout? Name me another organization who has a well polished, seasoned debater as eloquent and passionate as Wayne LaPierre?

I watched Wayne LaPierre debate some whining Australian femininist at King's College in London several years ago and this pathetic excuse for a female ended up looking like the spoiled, idealistic twit that she really was. She wanted to use the U.N. to sponsor a world wide ban on small arms and was giving the typically lame, 'Perrier' logic infused delirium to argue her case. La Pierre dismantled her phony logic masterfully and pointed to examples like Rwanda, where hundreds of thousands were hacked to death with machetes. So much for the U.N. and Little Miss Clueless's logic and argument. If you own guns and don't belong to the NRA, please don't trash the organization with the typical pitch we hear so much of. We need to stand united, not divisive, because this administration is going to try to change the way of life as we know it. Save your energy for the many battles that are going to be in our future.

Lou Baccino

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dgifford/2009/03/31/the-america-is-arming-mexicos-drug-gangs-lie/

The ‘America Is Arming Mexico’s Drug Gangs’ Lie
by Dan Gifford

“There is an iron river of guns that flows South into Mexico [from the United States] to supply criminal organizations on the border,” says Tom Mangan, senior special agent with Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) in Phoenix. “They are in the market for machine guns, hand grenades, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles,” he continues. That’s right. The drug gangs can’t buy that and other military stuff like the 40MM grenades (the silver things in the upper left) and the rifles with launchers shown in the photo below in Mexico, so they drive to the United States and purchase them from American gun dealers at retail. Isn’t that the story you’ve been told? Well, congratulations. America’s First Amendment protected propaganda ministry has punked you on another important issue — this time on behalf of dissembling officials and gun confiscation advocates.

For the benefit of those who may not know, machine guns (not the same thing as the demonized “semi-automatic”), hand grenades, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, Stinger anti-aircraft missiles and other such military items are illegal to possess by US civilians, which means they are not for sale in gun stores. OK, in the interest of extreme accuracy for anyone in need, there are some civilian owned machine-guns in America, but they all have to have been registered with the ATF by 1986 as evidence that a special Treasury tax has been paid and the owner’s residence state has to approve the possession. What’s more, none of these arms has ever been involved in a crime, to my knowledge, and all are considered very pricey collectors items. That means they are not for sale to or in the hands of Mexican drug goons.

That raises some questions:

If Mexican gangsters are not buying military weapons in the United States, why do people like ATF officials, Attorney General Holder, Secretary of State Clinton, gun prohibitionists like Sarah Brady and multitudes of media talking heads claim they are while calling for an American “assault weapon” ban they say will to keep the Mexican drug gangs from buying what they really aren’t buying here because they can’t?

And if Mexican gangsters are not buying their military weapons in America from gun dealers as claimed, where are they buying them?

Confused? Well, as Fox News’ pundit Charles Krauthammer explained in one of his 1996 Washington Post columns, the answer to question one is quite simple:

Passing a law like the assault weapons ban is symbolic — purely symbolic … In fact, the assault weapons ban will have no effect either on the crime rate or on personal security. Nonetheless, it is a good idea … Its only real justification is not to reduce crime but to desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation … Ultimately, a civilized society must disarm its citizenry if it is to have a modicum of domestic tranquility of the kind enjoyed in sister democracies like Canada and Britain … Yes, Sarah Brady is doing God’s work.

Krauthammer is able to so clearly state the obvious that most government officials, politicians, gun banners and reporters keep denying because he does not have to lie to voters in order to stay in office or keep donations coming in, as Sarah Brady does. Neither do I. So please note that all the public safety blather about “plastic guns” that can evade metal screener detection, “cop killer bullets” that are specifically made to murder police officers, “Saturday Night Specials” which are unsafe for anyone to possess (except for police — there’s always a police exception) and the other oft repeated gun control paradigms are simply bogus media ready scare phrases that have zero to do with public safety and everything to do with eventually outlawing the private ownership of firearms.

Maybe you agree with that goal and maybe you don’t, but that’s the object of “reasonable gun control” advocacy.

The answer to the second question is equally obvious. Gun running from the United States into Mexico has been going on since the 1800s. But the stuff bought or stolen here is not the military weaponry we are continually told is arming the gangs there. This paragraph from a Los Angeles Times story managed to get the story right even if nobody else in the media will report it:

Most of these [military] weapons are being smuggled from Central American countries or by sea, eluding U.S. and Mexican monitors who are focused on the smuggling of semi-automatic and conventional weapons purchased from dealers in the U.S. border states of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. . . . The enhanced weaponry represents a wide sampling from the international arms bazaar, with grenades and launchers produced by U.S., South Korean, Israeli, Spanish or former Soviet bloc manufacturers. Many had been sold legally to governments, including Mexico’s, and then were diverted onto the black market. Some may be sold directly to the traffickers by corrupt elements of national armies, authorities and experts say … These groups appear to be taking advantage of a robust global black market and porous borders, especially between Mexico and Guatemala. Some of the weapons are left over from the wars that the United States helped fight in Central America, U.S. officials said.

Stratfor, a private intelligence agency, noted more:

Grenades used in three recent attacks in Monterey, Mexico, and Pharr, Texas, all originated from the same lot delivered from South Korea.

So let’s recap.

Attorney General Holder, Secretary of State Clinton, ATF officials and a host of others claim that an “assault weapon ban” against American civilians will keep Mexican drug cartels with gazillions of dollars in their jeans from buying military weapons on the international black market.

National Geographic

Anyone care to comment on the program they showed the other night?
" America the Gun Nation" or something like that. I have since cancelled my membership. I thought it was about as one sided as you can get.:mad:

Aloha, Les= NRA Member

Sarah Brady

Copied from the above post.

Passing a law like the assault weapons ban is symbolic — purely symbolic … In fact, the assault weapons ban will have no effect either on the crime rate or on personal security. Nonetheless, it is a good idea … Its only real justification is not to reduce crime but to desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation … Ultimately, a civilized society must disarm its citizenry if it is to have a modicum of domestic tranquility of the kind enjoyed in sister democracies like Canada and Britain … Yes, Sarah Brady is doing God’s work.

The above is true, however, most Americans are wise to this ruse. Take a close look at Rahm Emannuel's profile and look at the classic photo of Joseph Goebbels taken by Alfred Eisenstaedt; the similarities are disturbing. I fear much more propaganda and half truths are coming our way.

Lou Baccino

NRA is the BIGGEST and most influential lobby in Washington, for ANY interest group. It's not by any means perfect, but if you own a gun, you need to be a member.

If you're reading this forum, and you're not a memeber, you need to take the $$$ you're going to spend on a box of ammo or tank of gas and instead JOIN the NRA.

Your Second Amendment rights require that of you.

NRA Distinguished Life Member

NRA is the BIGGEST and most influential lobby in Washington, for ANY interest group. It's not by any means perfect, but if you own a gun, you need to be a member.

If you're reading this forum, and you're not a memeber, you need to take the $$$ you're going to spend on a box of ammo or tank of gas and instead JOIN the NRA.

Your Second Amendment rights require that of you.

NRA Distinguished Life Member

I certainly agree with you that everyone should be a member of the NRA but it is NOT the "BIGGEST" nor the nost influential lobby in Washington. The insurance industry is #1 and healthcare is #2. By itself the NRA doesn't even make the top ten and it might not make the top 20. But, if every gun owner would join it might move up the list and we might get more accomplished.

Tony, if you check the facts..........

the largest AND the most influential(EVERY member of congress gets TWO visits per year, sometimes more)is the AIPAC, that's a fact, but, not known by most. :eek:;)

I did check

I read it a while back and looked it up before I posted although I should have added that my stats were based on "dollars spent" and not number of members or visits. But, my comment is correct based on dollars spent. I apoligize for that slip. I guess in my mind, the only thing that matters to them is the money...our Bill Of Rights certainly doesn't! :eek:

Where did the 90% number come from? Remember that the Obama toady name Hillary Clinton says about 90% of the guns in Mexico's druggies hands come from the U.S.? New lies for old. Seems of the 29,000 that have been seized, only 11,000 were traced, 5,000 of the ones were not traceable. Of the 6,000 that were, 83% were not traceable to the U.S.

I guess that the ATF head and Hillary went to the same new math class?:)

By the way, this was reported today, and can be found on FOX news.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe anyone didnt comment on my previous post about the newsweek article about the nra and pelosi.

Dlay, Let me tell you something about...........

Mrs. Pelosi. Mrs. Pelosi's father, Thomas D'Alesandro Sr. was the Mayor of Baltimore back in the 50s & 60s, organized crime(OOPS!I forgot, J. Edgar:D said there was no such animal!!) ran Baltimore, & the police just went through the motions. He was succeeded by his son,her brother, Tommy Jr. There were the usual bombings, beatings, firebombings, going on, ad infinitum under both. Mrs. Pelosi is no shrinking violet, she is accustomed to violence, it paid her way, and gave her entree' EVERYwhere. When she comes out with a statement about gun laws needing to be enforced, don't EVER trust her for a second!! She is trying to lull you to sleep w/language like that, while they pass MORE LAWS through the back door. Organized crime is now making a comeback in Maryland, in the form of slots, there's going to be a new cigarette tax they're trotting out under the masque of something for children(it always is some feel-good venture) Mrs. Pelosi is going to do anything she can for organized crime(the gov't.!!), to accomplish their goal, which is to make the us, mexico, & canada borderless, and turn the north into a third world nation like mexico...... where only the cops, the army, & the gangs got the guns(When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns) so they can run their little fiefdoms the way they want, and they will be the "western royalty". Mrs. Pelosi will do anything she's told, or thinks of, to perpetuate her position of priviledge & power, & those who are not "royalty" will be marginalized to their allotted positions of paying the freight, for everything; And, if one wants to get ahead, its simple, you got to kick back. Maryland has always been like that, although, there was a reprieve for awhile in the 70s & early 80s. But in good ol' Md., you never went anywhere unless you were "connected" to the system of patronage....there, it was an ART FORM; jobs, businesses, education, civil service, you name it. This is also one of the reasons why Maryland has never become a Shall Issue state. There was some real progess in that direction made under the last administration, even though Gov. Bob Ehrlich was no friend of the gunowners; Now, all that has been erased. No one in Maryland gets an unrestricted permit, unless they are a Doctor, attorney, retired cop, or a member of the board of directors of BGE, which used to be the Baltimore Gas & Electric company. They got unrestricted permits before the permit system was ever in place!! Wherever the permit system comes in, the cops start doing a better job, because they know, there may be a permit holder there that could save their life, whereas if they don't, a permit holder might just look at not helping out as.... a passive method of expedient cleanliness effected! See ya.:rolleyes:

I dont trust her, I think that she was told from higher up to let the gun issue be, They know that it got them beat in the past. You need to read the article, NRA is in thick with them now.

Did anyone see this . .

Canada Moves To End Gun Control, Calling It An Ineffective Measure Against Crime

As madness takes over the in-power political elite here in America, in Canada it seems as though they’re coming to their senses. The federal government introduced a bill in the Senate on Wednesday to abolish the long-gun registry. “It’s totally inefficient and ineffective against crime,” Public Safety Minister Peter Van Loan, told reporters on Parliament Hill. “We believe the long-gun registry as a device simply does not work � It’s a misdirection of resources,” he said. “I know there are a lot of members in the NDP, some members in the Liberal Party who have shared that view, who campaigned on that view, have spoken publicly on that view and we hope to achieve their support for that.” The bill has just been introduced in the Canadian Senate, and there’s a lot of opposition to it, but even so. That this is even on the agenda in Canada is surprising. And the people behind it are right, too. For years now researchers at places like the American CDC, for instance, have found absolutely no evidence to suggest that gun control is at all tied to reductions in crime rates. Gun control isn’t about safety or crime. It’s about, well, control. And people who just can’t stand the idea of their neighbors living freely.

By the way, this came off of the NRA website . .

I have read all of the above postings on this link, and although I do at times disagree with the NRA, and some of you have some very good points. I believe that "Everyone" that owns a gun should be a member of it. If they/we did, the political clout that it would posess would be enough to scare the B-jesus out any and all Politicans. Either United we stand - or divided we fall. And anyone who doesn't think that the "0" (that is not an O) in office isn't after your guns - is in MHO - dilusional . . !!!!!!!!

NRA Life since 1965

Phantom496

I personally don't trust anyone in the current administration when it comes to guns and gun control laws. If they can spin news and whatever else to get us all to believe that the NRA really does believe in gun control laws and wants to snuggle up to the anti-gunners they'll do it. If that convinces gun owners that the NRA is not doing the job they've done since the late 1800's, the NRA will lose whatever power it has and the gun control laws will flow like water from a broken dam. There isn't another group that has the name recognition and power that the NRA does.

If you don't think that Obama, Holder, Pelosi, Schumer, and all the rest of them aren't that devious and underhanded you really need to change brands.

Here's an idea, every new gun purchase gets a free 10yr membership, that way the ranks of the NRA swell to 85mil. I think most gun owners would belong, but it's like any other club/org you belong to, after a while you get tired of all the mail. I quit AARP because of it, just to name one. I prolly would have quit NRA too, but I bit the bullet and became a life member and did the no mail request. Now all I get is American Rifleman and once in great while something asking for money. Most people just don't want to belong to nothing. Thanks, Douglas

Moveon.org touted their membership surpassed the NRA's back in 2006, and is steady growing, all gunowners need to stand up and be counted or give up their arms. IMO If we united as a well organized group of law abiding gunowners and our ranks were unified we would'nt be losing sleep over Pelosi, or Holder's next move against our 2nd Amendment rights.

Back