Kenny Kupperman shoots 25x's

N

Nick Marino

I just heard that Kenny Kupperman shot 25x's with a pile of wipeouts in Lake Charles this past weekend. Great shooting Kenny!
Nick

Congratulations To Kenny. It's a tough feat.
And I know. I shot a 250 25x at the Lousianna State last year, to answer J.Louis's question. And a few others have done the feat as of late.

Congrats Kenny..!!!

Just outstanding.!

See ya in 2012,
cale

Thank you Jackie I am a cast bullet shooter and I am not up to par with all of the accomplisments in jacketed bench rest. In my game the national record is 250 15X. I hang out on this site to gain and to apply the knowledge I recieve here to my game.

And

As Varmint for Score becomes more popular, you will no doubt see 250 25x more often. This is when the NBRSA tie breaker rule of counting the Wipeouts as the tie breaker will really show it's worth. That is when it will dawn on everyone how making the wipeouts the tie breaker DID change the game quite a bit.........jackie

The first 250-25X I could find recorded

was on the IBS site in retired records. Dennis Colins shot one in 1995 with a LV 6PPC and a second in 1996 with an HV 6 PPC. As I recall, it was quite awhile until the next one was shot but since then, there have been quite a few, relatively speaking, that is.

Now, this isn't to say that accomplishing this is easy, it isn't. The first recorded 250-25 in Rimfire was shot just recently so it is tough to do and anyone doing it is to be proud and admired.

Last edited:
Why don't we have the x be an 11 and a wipeout a 12
That is group shooting mentality. In Score Shooting the objective is to hit what you aim at. In group shooting you can make up for a bad group by shooting really good groups to offset it. Score is about hitting the center of the target. In Group being able to chase your shots is part of the game but I do not feel even 5 or 10 X's should make up for completely missing the 10 ring once at a Score Shoot.

Dick

Who holds the Record

If I'm not mistaken, Al Weaver holds the score record with 250-25 & 21 WO. Please correct me if I'm wrong Dick.:confused:

If I'm not mistaken, Al Weaver holds the score record with 250-25 & 21 WO. Please correct me if I'm wrong Dick.:confused:
You are not wrong, Al holds the IBS record, he shot it in 2006. I always found it interesting that Carl Bakers 250-25x and 19 Wipeouts shot with a 6PPC stood until that time, many years into the reign of the 30BR.

Last edited:
If you think about it, when tabulating the top scores, the NBRSA "wipeouts as the tiebreaker," in a sense, makes the wipe out an "eleven".......jackie

If you think about it, when tabulating the top scores, the NBRSA "wipeouts as the tiebreaker," in a sense, makes the wipe out an "eleven".......jackie

I agree.

When it comes to the [new, NBRSA]'wipe-out' tie-breaker rule, in the words of my 22 month old Grand daughter, "I CAN'T LIKE IT.":p

A few years ago, we - Hunter Class shooters (the score shooting faction of the NBRSA) - adopted the 'match winner' tie-breaker rule: yardage AGG. ties are broken via sequentially comparing the "match" scores, beginning with match number one - the first competitor to drop either a point, or, an X, loses. I've NEVER seen this fail.

In the pristine world of group shooting, a tied yardage AGG. is broken by going to the small group - what's tso perfect with THAT:confused: The 'winner' may actually have been the loser - that is, in group, the shooter of the smallest group would USUALLY dictate that HE also shot the LARGEST group!:( Shouldn't the most consistent performance win? Why don't we measure groups via the best standard deviation, or, at least, mean dispersion from the group center - Too complicated?:eek::confused: In short, regardless of discipline, tie-breakers, in the modern vernacular, "suck". Why can't we simply have a 'SUDDEN DEATH' shoot-off?:p:confused:

Then, there's the MAJOR, and negative affect of 11 point scoring (that thread got deleted): the destruction of the [100/200] Grand Aggregate! :mad: The emphasis would be dramatically shifted to the shorter yardage . . . I believe that the emphasis should remain on the longer yardage aggregate - as in the ol' bench-rest addage: "one hundred yards proves the equipment; two hundred yards proves the shooter." Wipe-outs should remain the tie-breaker of last resort.:p

With precision rifles, and an adequate (ample?) target, I've never felt sorry for one who dropped a point . . . well, except for myself.:eek: Score shooting is a game of SUDDEN DEATH!:eek: To those of us who favor score shooting, that's a major facet of the appeal!:D If you don't like the challenge, choose a a more ego validating discipline. How would those who participate in group only events respond if some new guys wanted to, say, score the best four out of five shots/groups?;)

The 'possibilities' which distill the phobic reactions, and desire to 'fix' scoring problems simply don't happen. What's wrong with RESPECTING forty years of [score shooting] TRADITION?:confused: Why not clloect a few seasons worth of DATA before significantly altering an already proven discipline? Keep 'em ON the X! RG

Last edited:
Back