Kenny Kupperman shoots 25x's

Wipeout rule change..?

If you think about it, when tabulating the top scores, the NBRSA "wipeouts as the tiebreaker," in a sense, makes the wipe out an "eleven".......jackie

Jackie, I think I just read...in the October NBRSA News...that during the NBRSA 2011 Annual Board Meeting held in September...David Halblom made a motion to replace the "wipeout" rule with the "Creedmore" rule...except in the event of a tie of (2) 250-25x scores...then the wipeout rule would apply....the motion was passed on a vote 6 to 1..

Is this true..???

Eddie in Texas

I agree.

Then, there's the MAJOR, and negative affect of 11 point scoring (that thread got deleted): the destruction of the [100/200] Grand Aggregate! :mad: The emphasis would be dramatically shifted to the shorter yardage . . . I believe that the emphasis should remain on the longer yardage aggregate - as in the ol' bench-rest addage: "one hundred yards proves the equipment; two hundred yards proves the shooter." Wipe-outs should remain the tie-breaker of last resort.:p

.................................................................................................................................

The 'possibilities' which distill the phobic reactions, and desire to 'fix' scoring problems simply don't happen. What's wrong with RESPECTING forty years of [score shooting] TRADITION?:confused: Why not clloect a few seasons worth of DATA before significantly altering an already proven discipline? Keep 'em ON the X! RG

Randy,
Two thoughts here...
As far as the GA, 11 point scoring doesn't change the outcome. After competing for a season in UBR and watching the scores and winners in matches all over the region, the best shooters consistently won. If they won at 100, they generally won at 200. Sometimes this wasn't the case, but more often than not, the best shooter won the GA. The change in scoring didn't change anything as far as I saw. Sudden death scoring, to me, rewards the shooter who didn't shoot quite as well, but didn't make fatal mistakes. How many times have we seen someone shoot say a 249- 22 or 23 x's lose to a competitor who shot a 250 -19 or 20? At 200 it happens a lot. I can't say if it rewards precison or just punishes mistakes. I can say that I've been the beneficiary of the mistakes several times. I didn't shoot as well as the next guy, but I won because I didn't make the fatal mistake. Sometimes that's not skill, it's just dumb luck.

OTOH- I can respect the fact of tradition. Score has always been a sudden death game and tradition counts for something, maybe it should count as much or more than anything else. I seriously doybt that scoring will be changed in either NBRSA or IBS. The process of rule changes is much too difficult to accomplish major change. Without the overwhelming majority desiring such a change and making it known by attending annual meetings with that change in mind, it won't happen. maybe that's a good thing, maybe not, but that's the way it is.

Rick

Why don't we have the x be an 11 and a wipeout a 12

Why don't we change what ain't broke????

Acckkkkk.gif

Yes, Eddie, that is correct.
At Tomball, we will be following the NBRSA guidelines. It will be back to Creedmore as the tie breaker.

I , Mike Wall shoot Hunter class. And I DEARLY LOVE it. It's real marksmanship hitting what you aim at. I just started back shooting this year. I shot in Austin in Oct. and shot 248-15x the winer Mr. Joe Hutchens shot 250-11x. I feel you have to shoot the 250 first and the x's are the icing on the cake. I shot good but did not 250 which is the goal. It's like "I'm thinking, (group shooters ) shoot these tinty little groups but can't hit that dot everytime ? " except kenny by the way Kupper-shooting-man shooting ha ha ! Well I gess what I'm trying to say you have to take one step at a time to walk. it's not left left, it's left right. Right ? But I love shooting with all of you.

that's right Eddie, it's like " If I can't win one way I'll change the rules" {250 wins, then the most X's, then the most WIPE OUTS.} It ANT BROKE guys !!!

Randy,
Re: your post of 11-09, MAN I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! As usual, you aren't ever too far from the little dot we are all supposed to hit in the score game. --greg

Maddog, that worked out real well with the SSOY didn't it? Seems to me that the more it "gets fixed" the broker it gets.

Eddie,
Only thing that gets broke is your wallet, driving your way to that big piece of fake wood.

Dogbreath

not really...best 10 matches count. put 10 good ones up on the board and you can stay home.

Back