Tomball Gun Club
T1.jpg

t2.jpg

3.jpg

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jim

I think I will ask you and see if you can notice something a tad out of the ordinary about the target for Match 3.;)..........jackie

Yeh, that's it. I pin wheeled the sighter on Target 2, so when he said "commence fire" on 3, my condition was just sort of sitting there, so, having not cleaned the Rifle, just went straight to the first bullseye.

That is another little plus in not having to clean these 30's...........jackie

Yeh, that's it. I pin wheeled the sighter on Target 2, so when he said "commence fire" on 3, my condition was just sort of sitting there, so, having not cleaned the Rifle, just went straight to the first bullseye.

Thats a lotta confidence in your equipment.
More guts than I ever have, great shooting.

Dick

I don't think I would ever have the nerve to go straight to the record without checking the condition. I don't trust my wind reading that well at all. Congrats again on more great shooting, Mr. Schmidt.---Mike Ezell

Intestinal Fortitude

Jackie

That takes a lot of guts and confidence to be shooting that well and to start a relay with no sighter. You are on your game man!

Jim

Regarding cleaning, I shot a 200 yd match last Sunday. Was clean with ok X count through 4 relays. We broke for lunch, had some time and cleaned my rifle. Couldn't get the darn thing to settle down and shot a 9 on my first record and struggled with the rest of the bulls. After 5 targets, WU and first 4, when I did clean there was absolutely no copper fouling. Does anyone know if anyone in the group realm has experimented with their PPC's regarding cleaning intervals? --Greg

Regarding cleaning, I shot a 200 yd match last Sunday. Was clean with ok X count through 4 relays. We broke for lunch, had some time and cleaned my rifle. Couldn't get the darn thing to settle down and shot a 9 on my first record and struggled with the rest of the bulls. After 5 targets, WU and first 4, when I did clean there was absolutely no copper fouling. Does anyone know if anyone in the group realm has experimented with their PPC's regarding cleaning intervals? --Greg

Greg,
I have a new Hart 14 twist in ardvark that does like to be cleaned after about 40 rounds. it chambered normally but the bore is the tightest I have ever experienced. It shoots.

Hey Dave,
Speedy used to say, "give me a 14 twist 30 barrel and I'll kick your slow twist ass all day." Personally I like the slow twist tubes. My current one, though, is a new old stock Shilen 7 groove 15 twist. It shoots but sure as heck torques in the bags a lot more than my 17 T's. I don't think cleaning hurts this barrel, but it may be one that needs a bunch of fouling shots once you do. Need to fool with it a bit more.

Why did you go to a 14T?

Greg,
I have a new Hart 14 twist in ardvark that does like to be cleaned after about 40 rounds. it chambered normally but the bore is the tightest I have ever experienced. It shoots.

Last edited:
Congratulations on some wonderful shooting, Jackie, and not just these targets, but all of the several great accomplishments of late. When you shoot a 25X agg, it seems like it's just YOUR day, and you almost can't do anything wrong, kinda magic, ya know. I remember when I did it several years ago, it seemed as though I couldn't miss. I shot X's in all the bulls - that would include the warmup & all the sighters - 30 straight. I applaud your confidence as shown by skipping a sighter, but don't think I would recommend that practice to anyone. I wish you continued good luck with your shooting, like Randy sez - "Keep'em on the X". You're doing a damn good job of that lately.

:)Congratulations on yet another sterling performance, Jackie! Once again, the next time you look in a mirror, pat that other guy on the back - he seems to like working with you - a LOT! ;):D RG

Why did you go to a 14T?[/QUOTE]

With "Mona", my new hv I decided to try a old school approach, using the ardvark, 125 grain pills and a 14 twist. After shooting a 30X47 in Hunter, the recoil/torque is not an issue...at all.

From what I have observed, the twist of the barrel isn't nearly as important as the "luck of the Draw' with the barrel you get sent to you. Some of em just are sooooo fantastic. I once had a nice rifle I sold to a Friend that had a 1-15 and 1-18 twist barrels chambered for it. Both shot so well one could not tell the difference in them. The 1-15 was a Hart and the 1-18 was a PacNor.

With all due respect to Speedy, I think that quote was made before the onslaught of the 17-18 twist 30BR and the super accurate 112-118 grn bullets that are available today.............jackie

Back