IBS Annual Meeting Summary

FWIW, I went through all the 2011 results on the IBS site and there are some without equipment lists but of the ones with caliber noted, the best two showings of a 6 PPC this year was: Bob Blanchard @ St. Johnsbury, third, 250/14X to the winning 250/17X; and M. Sobotkin @ Southington, CT, second, 250/19X to the winning 250/20X. What really surprised me was the number of shoots without a 6 even being listed. In the Northeast, score shooting seems to have gone the way of the 30BR.

Slight correction:
Harley Baker won the PA.States with a 500-23X shooting a PPC. Mark Exline was second with a 500-20X shooting a 30BR. They were the only ones who stayed clean.

All this is about, is a bunch of winning shooters that dont have a 30 and want the whole world to bend to them. It seems like every year the same people want the rules changed because they did not win. Jeff...why dont you send them a trophy and let them tell every body that they won it and mabey they will go away.

Ron, a little radical, but I'm sort of in agreement with you about the last sentence!

All this is about, is a bunch of winning shooters that dont have a 30 and want the whole world to bend to them. It seems like every year the same people want the rules changed because they did not win. Jeff...why dont you send them a trophy and let them tell every body that they won it and mabey they will go away.

I don't know about this, Ron. I think UBR was started by a bunch of 30BR shooters who wanted more people to come shoot with them. Is that fair to say, Danny?

Misconceptions

That is correct Keith UBR was started by 30BR shooters, not because we want to shoot our sixes, but to have place to shoot anything we durn well pleased and yes it works. Caliber neutral targets as they have come to be known are just that, they are not shooter neutral, only something like a handicap system would do that and no I don't foresee that coming to pass. for someone to say there is no such thing as caliber neutral targets is a gross failure to do their research and at this point the smaller calibers do not exhibit an advantage. SSOY in custom class is a 30BR. while the 6PPC does hold a majority of the current records is only because it did it first, the 30 has matched every score but one and more than once. If the six wants to show its dominance you guys need to come out and do it, talk is cheap.
this is not intended to be inflamatory only informational.
By the way Factory clsaa SSOY is a .223
unlimited is a 30 br 6 br mixture
modified was a .222 over a 30BR

On a caliber neutral target, the odds are much better for the smaller caliber to win, and the results show this.--Mike

Why?

On a caliber neutral target, the odds are much better for the smaller caliber to win, and the results show this.--Mike

Why?

Jackie, don't you start with me...You know the ppc's will outshoot the 30's and that the ppc shooters are better shooters than the 30 shooters;). Anything else is a moot point. If a 30 wins, it was because it was "score", and if a 6 beats a 30, it was because the playing field was tilted in their favor. I really don't see how a guy can win with anything in this game.:D--Mike

Danny,

When are you going to update the SSOY standings for the UBR?

Back