Greetings From Greeley Colorado At The NBRSA Score Nationals.

jackie schmidt

We shoot the 100 VFS tomorrow. The HBR shooters finished up today. I will take a picture of the results and post them in the morning.

I read this and got all excited...... "Jackie gets out of TX and comes north? CO? Why that's just down the road......I'll get a chance meet him halfway at one of these shoots"

So I mapped Greeley, ooops, still 2000 miles away from my house LOL

I read this and got all excited...... "Jackie gets out of TX and comes north? CO? Why that's just down the road......I'll get a chance meet him halfway at one of these shoots"

So I mapped Greeley, ooops, still 2000 miles away from my house LOL

I don't know what Washington state you live in but the Washington state I am close too is not anywhere near 2000 miles from the nationals more like 1200 miles...

Congratulations, Mike Bigelow!

I have it on good authority, that long-time pal (when he's not beating me, "like a rented mule":eek:), and grass-hopper turned MASTER, Mike Bigelow, made a clean sweep (100;200;Grand) of the NBRSA VfS Nationals, in Alt, Colorado: 250-24X;250-12X; 500-36X. That's some fine shootin'!:eek: Mike also, via 996-61X, won the NBRSA Two Gun (combined Hunter Rifle and Varmint for Score Aggregate) Title! CONGRATULATIONS, Mike!:cool::D That was keepin' 'em ON the X! I will say no more, I'll leave that to an official, or, at least, an attendee - just bragging about my pal. RG

Edited to correct x-count error.:eek:

Last edited:
Hey Randy, we sure missed you. I was informed as to the reason you could not attend, I sure hope you can get fixed up.

Thanks for your generous competitor donations of quite a few boxes of bullets. Alas, when they called my number, I did not get a box.

Darn!!

Hey Randy, we sure missed you. I was informed as to the reason you could not attend, I sure hope you can get fixed up.

Thanks for your generous competitor donations of quite a few boxes of bullets. Alas, when they called my number, I did not get a box.

Darn!!

You're welcome, Jackie. It was difficult "watching" the action (Stanley sent score sheet pics every evening), and missing the personal contact. From afar, it had the look & feel of a dog fight - a very competitive, great event!:DRG

Congrats to all the shooters!! The conditions were all over the board - keeping everyone on their toes. Many people shot well and it was a very tight tournament, but the fun part of Benchrest - there can be only one. A special congrats to Roger Tillery for winning the Hunter 200 and Hunter Grand. Marty Steffan for winning the Hunter 100. :cool: And of course, The Wizard (Mike Bigelow) for showing us all how it is done with the VFS sweep.

A huge "Thank You" all all those involved with the NBRSA Score Nationals. The tremendous amount of work put in by Dean Thomas (and many others) was very much appreciated by the shooters. The whole event went super smooth. Bud did a great job of calling the line and keeping us all entertained. Jason and LuAnn Dill outdid all expectations on the amount of prizes that were handed out by some very generous sponsors. Great job everyone!!!

Stanley

Last edited:
I would like to give a special congrats to my friend Dan Blair from Houston. This was his first Nationals, and it proves that dedication to detail, and learning to read the conditions, pays off.

Good shooting, Dan.

Kind words

I would like to give a special congrats to my friend Dan Blair from Houston. This was his first Nationals, and it proves that dedication to detail, and learning to read the conditions, pays off.

Good shooting, Dan.

Thanks Jackie. Most of the credit should go to the many shooters including you who helped, taught and coached me getting to this point. THANK YOU ALL. I will try to pay it forward.

Back