Favored Powder Measure?

G

Gary O

I've been out of the loop for about 10 years now and am looking for a top-of-the-line powder measure. Price is secondary. What say you? Thanks...

based on a bunch of discussions on these forums..
if you load at home..the mx123 scale....
or the charge master....
or the charge maaster with a battery power supply at the range.

the charge master is only plus or minus 0.1...best....
the mx123 is plus or minus 0.03

what powder /what discipline ?

mike in co

General hunting: H4350, Lil Gun, Hunter...
30-06, 243, 22 Hornet

RE: Chargemaster and loading at a range without 110v.

A year or so ago I decided to make myself a battery pak so I could use the Chargemaster anywheere. When I found the components had to buy ½ dozen quanties. The first outing with the new battery pak several shooters wanted me to make them one, so I gave the first 5 away. Since them I made a few more batches and sold them on BRC for $30.00. They went like hotrcakes and when I went to order more components found the company hand gone belly up. Tried finding the components again and just found a new supplier (50 minimum order). I will be making a new batch soon and if anyone is interested the can send me a PM for further details. I will list them on BRC as soon as I have them finished.

Thanx

actually...a lee perfect will serve you well and will not dent your pocket as much....its the same plus or minus 0.1 as the chargemaster at 1/10 the cost .....
mike in co
General hunting: H4350, Lil Gun, Hunter...
30-06, 243, 22 Hornet

BIG EDIT,,,
NO IT IS 1/10 OF THAT.....
... the accuracy is listed as plus or minus 0.02, BUT the sensitivity is 0.03....so i go with the larger of the two.
it reads 0.02.04.06.08.......no 0.01/3/5/7/9

( THANKS AL)

mike in co
MIKE is that + or - 3/10 0F A GRAIN THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
no, that's + or- 3/100 of a grain.

3/10 is notated .300

Three one hundredths is a long way from three tenths!

al

RE: Chargemaster and loading at a range without 110v.

A year or so ago I decided to make myself a battery pak so I could use the Chargemaster anywheere. When I found the components had to buy ½ dozen quanties.

Shinny,
Really all that is needed is 6 D cells and $4 worth of battery holders from Radio Shack.

Shinny,
Really all that is needed is 6 D cells and $4 worth of battery holders from Radio Shack.

Oh C'mon Dick..... the world runs on complexity not simplicity.

(In other words, if the whole world was like me there'd be like 5 guns, 5 powders ...... the primary colors...... lol)

al

How would a Inverter work ? You can run saws & drills. The small ones plug into the lighter socket.

You can also use a 12V rechargeable battery like what it used in some of the deer feeders. An adapter with the correct polarity to fit the Chargemaster with red and black clips set up to hook up to the 12V battery and you're ready to go. You'll need to make sure that the red and black clips are on the correct wire to go along with the polarity of your adapter plug.

I foud a cord

at radio shack that plugs into either a cigaret lighter or power outlet and on into the chargemaster for not much money.

In my current Town & Country there is 110v avaiale @ the side of the rear seat behind the driver so the 12v cord became obsolete :) .

Having said all of that, I have never used either one. I have enough cases so that I load at home.

Just a brief FYI:

For sure there is more than one way to skin a cat, however, one must be VERY careful to observe polarity............why..............expensive mistake..............ask Al Weaver.

That isn't an issue with the units I make, plus you can use the CM anywhere you want without being tethered to a vehicle.

BTW Dick: I think you should check with your Radio Shack to verify the information you shared earlier in this post.....LOL

Last edited:
BTW Dick: I think you should check with your Radio Shack to verify the information you shared earlier in this post.....LOL

Shinny,
What should I check ? I got 2 battery holders one for 4 "D" cells was $1.98 and one for 2 "D" cells was also $1.98, then I went through my pile of old chargers for phones and things that have died and found an appropriate cord and plug. also used about 10 cents worth of wire nuts, and some black tape. It is not pretty but very functional.

Back