Favored Powder Measure?

Shinney
I would not make mine to resell for any less than $30 myself, but I am curious what part you had trouble getting. Below is mine.

BatteryPack.jpg

Just a brief FYI:

For sure there is more than one way to skin a cat, however, one must be VERY careful to observe polarity............why..............expensive mistake..............ask Al Weaver.

This brings up a very good point. Actually 9v low current hooked up backwards did not damage my unit, 12V out of something like a car battery is another matter entirely. In fact I cringe every time I see someone say they simply powered their Chargemaster off of 12V as the unit is rated for 9V. internally this is likely chopped down to 6V and I have tested this theory by powering my unit from 6V. Running 12V into the 9V plug is fine as long as the internal power supply does not overheat from the added work it is being asked to do and croak. In that case it will cost somebody same as if hooked up backwards.

Dick

Dick,

I run mine off of 12v DC (8 D cells). The reason; when I was experimenting I discovered it ran better and batteries lasted much longer using 12v rather than 9v.

When I go the the range and turn it on it stays on until I leave and I have run mine for 2 months short of 2 full seasons.

I have also sped up the CM to just about max. If I drop 50 charges it may over drop 2-3 by .01, if that.

Al was using a portable battery (Heavy & bulky) and while @ Fairchance hooked it up backwords. Ouch! Cost him $50 + shipping to get it repaired.:mad:

Hope to C U 10/23

Shinny

Last edited:
I have also sped up the CM to just about max. If I drop 50 charges it may over drop 2-3 by .01, if that.

Shinny
may i ask what scale you are using to determine your chargemaster is only off by ONE ONE HUNDRETH OF A GRAIN ?? or is that a typo ??
mike in co

Even older !

A Lyman 55 with a Culver conversion and a powder baffle ...

Glenn

peter...
a balance beam type or an electronic pressure transducer scale ?
and .00 what....my aculab i splus or minus 0.02/with 0,03 sensitivity....
the wording of your reply confuses me...easy to do sometimes....
mike in co
Mine is an Acu Lab balance which reads t0 the .00, thrown from my Chargemaster.

Back