Color of vanes from windflags

oh - -

Whoooo Peter--Why do I need to be handicapped because of your handicap? Why do I have to be forced to used someone else's flags of which I know nothing about because you can't see all colors or can't handle clutter? Randy J.

It might tend to make things more fair and even? Just at first blush.

I keep hoping the Milk of Human Kindness might start to leak out at some point but it ain't looking good, still :).

Last edited:
Democrat?

Flame on!!! Pete, just joking here so take it for what it is, but some of you notions approach democratic ideals: take from the masses to help the less fortunate. I (you) can't see colors well and I (you) get confused with all the flags, so lets make a rule that will limit those things, that way I can do better.

I don't know what human kindness has to do with this. Let's project this further--Why don't we just make a rule whereby everyone uses the same gun, bullets, powder, and every bit of equipment so EVERYTHING is the same for everyone? And of course you can get to pick which of everything we will all use. This would be a great way to stifle innovation for sure. Take care, Pete, spring is on it's way......someplace! Randy J.

Hi Guys,
Got some Aussie flags from Fam. Stuart and they are as follows:
Wind from the left (propeller at left side) vane color is RED. Wind coming from the right side: (propeller at right side) vane color: GREEN.

What I see the most at the US games is the other way around, so can anybody tell me; what is "offical" or most used?

Paul

Aussie's drive on the wrong side of the road, so what do you expect? :D

Steve

At the vast majority of matches I attend, the accepted color is: Right to Left, red, Left to Right, green. I was told by a VERY well known shooter years ago that that is the way it was supposed to be. The reason he told me was mine were backwards. I changed them.

For those of us who watch the entire field to see comming conditions, it is good to see a consistant color scheme. .......jackie

Winter topics

Flame on!!! Pete, just joking here so take it for what it is, but some of you notions approach democratic ideals: take from the masses to help the less fortunate. I (you) can't see colors well and I (you) get confused with all the flags, so lets make a rule that will limit those things, that way I can do better.

I don't know what human kindness has to do with this. Let's project this further--Why don't we just make a rule whereby everyone uses the same gun, bullets, powder, and every bit of equipment so EVERYTHING is the same for everyone? And of course you can get to pick which of everything we will all use. This would be a great way to stifle innovation for sure. Take care, Pete, spring is on it's way......someplace! Randy J.

Hi Randy,

This topic has been discussed every winter for a number of years and I paticipate and jab at folks in the hope of having a fun discussion about the issue. I grew up with folks who jabbed and debated with one another all the time so I am simply a product of my environment. I hope there is never a time when we all get along. Life will stop being interesting.

I am not alone in believeing the way I do, as I am sure you have seen. I think there is a big difference in everyone being equal for equal's sake and improving the way matches are conducted.

Considering we are all doing the opposite of making a living at the Benchrest Sports, helping others out seems to me to be the right thing to do. The best shooters are still going to be the best shooters regardless of who's flags they look at.

I don't ever expect there will be a time when there will be both a standardization or limiting of the number of flags. I think everyone believes their flags are the best and the placement to them the best. Personally, I haven't noticed much difference in how I shoot when using others flags with one or two exceptions. I can even deal with Daisy Flags if I have to. I think having a different line of flags to watch along with the change in benches for each match or "Paper" adds a bit more competition to the event. May make it easier for some to see what is going on and challenge the others who don't have problems thus being a challenge for everyone.

Anyway, it ususaly ends up being a fun discussion.

I have been in Conecticut this week and am going back South tomorra. Hope you are having a good winter. Spring will be here before we know it :).

Pete

Last edited:
Back