A tool for cutting crowns

Pete
I bet you did. Even after you cleaned the rifling out with your patch lapping. They would out shoot the ones you did.

You have a way of blaming every one for your screw ups. As for you running your mouth blaming me for it. You can dig as deep as you like.

Jackie, using the tool you are showing, are you cutting from the outside in?

The problem I see for the average home gunsmith using a carbide tool for crowning is that they probably don't have a diamond wheel for cutting the lip.

Jerry, sorry I did not answer this untill now. I just reviewed this threa and saw your post.

I cut from the inside out, running the Lathe in reverse. You do notice the positive cutting edge is on the right side of the tool.

Why, you ask ? Because dumb me set the tool up in the tool grinder and ground it on the wrong side. So I just run in reverse and cut off the back side.

Jerry, sorry I did not answer this untill now. I just reviewed this threa and saw your post.

I cut from the inside out, running the Lathe in reverse. You do notice the positive cutting edge is on the right side of the tool.

Why, you ask ? Because dumb me set the tool up in the tool grinder and ground it on the wrong side. So I just run in reverse and cut off the back side.

Why did I ask? I noticed the cutting lip was on the wrong side of the tool for conventional bore-to-od crowning. Note to others..either method works just as well.

Well,

You have a way of blaming every one for your screw ups. As for you running your mouth blaming me for it. You can dig as deep as you like.

I can prove everything I said in the PM to you. I chose to be a gentleman about it and not do it here, nor will I. I don't blame others for my screw up, I own them, just theirs.

Pete

The world according to Pete

How can you buy a used barrel and tell me squat about what i done? Hatfields sporter action was one of the first from Di Orio The closing came was not right. It was sent back to Diorio They fixed it. That gun is besting you and your great work 95 percent of the time. Matter of fact it won super x man two years ago and 1000.00. So you just keep spreading BS about me and i will keep defending the truth.
Ps
I now know of two barrel makers that gave you a new barrel just to shut you up.

A tool for dressing crowns

G'day. I know that some people might frown about this (although I got the idea from this forum).

I noticed a tiny burr on my Annie 54 crown, dunno how it got there btw. So used a round headed brass screw, put a bit of fine lapping paste in the slot and mounted it in my Dremel, plugged the barrel and just gently 'kissed' the burr until gone. Might shoot better, not shooting worse so the jury is out. In the Aussie bush one does not always have access to a Heavy Ten.

Have a great day

* doghunter *

Back