100 -200 IBS score National at Orangeburg, SC

Jim Pag

100 -200 IBS score meter Nationals at Orangeburg, SC

If your thinking of shooting the IBS score 100-200 meter Nationals in Orangeburg, SC you better sign up now because as of last night, there are 121 guns going to the line with 140 guns as a cut-off. There are 20 benches and the match director Jim Cline said that there will be 7 relays. Quite a few people are going to be shooting 2 and 3 guns. This will be the 2nd biggest attended IBS SR score match in history. Leave it to the mouth of the south, (LMFAO) to pull it off!

Last edited:
I guess I'd have to agree with one of Greg's posts:

Doesn't appear IBS Score shooting is dead just yet.

Pete

Doesn't appear IBS Score shooting is dead just yet.

Pete
Not at Orangeburg anyway. Cline's shoots have consistently drawn more shooters. Hell his 1-2-300 meter match drew more shooters at that match than any other shoot last year including both Nationals. Up north here it's stagnant. Just look at the attendance from 2012 to last years attendance at the same shoots. There aren't as many people traveling as there use to be.

Last edited:
Pete, just like it did years ago when we went to Painted Post NY....that is or was a metres only range.
Well since this range is equipped to shoot either meters or yards that wasn't the issue. Jim said that he wanted to do a metric match instead or a yardage match and there was one person who had an attitude about it and said you can't do that which he didn't know what he was talking about. And it figures it was someone from up this way in New England.

Hey there, can't help you judge the whole state by your town of residence!
What's the difference where u live in this state since there is only one genepool in Maine. No wonder the people in Mass kicked out all the riff raff back in the 1800's and gave them their own state. When I first moved up here in 2005, I met my neighbor who is originally from CT who owns the muzzleloading shop at the bottom of my hill and one of the 1st things he said was Jim Bob these Mainers hate us flatlanders because we know all their dirty little secrets. Boy was he right. Some of the things that people do up here to animals is not to be believed. Greg I can't help it if people don't want to travel up here to shoot, especially since there are so many other shoots closer to where they live. When the Nationals were up here a lot of people I asked said they didn't want to come up here because it was too far. I mean it takes me 10 hours just to drive to Sid's shop from my house. I definitely should have moved south instead of north. Momentary lapse of reason or I'm just a plain idiot.

Last edited:
Jim

We are pretty refined in Amherst and environs. We do have our share of flatlanders, but we tolerate them as soon as they learn to pronounce coooofee correctly.

"What's the difference where u live in this state since there is only one genepool in Maine. No wonder the people in Mass kicked out all the riff raff back in the 1800's and gave them their own state. When I first moved up here in 2005, I met my neighbor who is originally from CT who owns the muzzleloading shop at the bottom of my hill and one of the 1st things he said was Jim Bob these Mainers hate us flatlanders because we know all their dirty little secrets. Well we had to learn the behavior from someone!Boy was he right. Some of the things that people do up here to animals is not to be believed. Greg I can't help it if people don't want to travel up here to shoot, especially since there are so many other shoots closer to where they live.That's a fact for sure, but it doesn't mean we won't have another nationals in Maine. When the Nationals were up here a lot of people I asked said they didn't want to come up here because it was too far. I mean it takes me 10 hours just to drive to Sid's shop from my house. I definitely should have moved south instead of north. Momentary lapse of reason or I'm just a plain idiot." Let me think about that :)

We are pretty refined in Amherst and environs. We do have our share of flatlanders, but we tolerate them as soon as they learn to pronounce coooofee correctly.

"What's the difference where u live in this state since there is only one genepool in Maine. No wonder the people in Mass kicked out all the riff raff back in the 1800's and gave them their own state. When I first moved up here in 2005, I met my neighbor who is originally from CT who owns the muzzleloading shop at the bottom of my hill and one of the 1st things he said was Jim Bob these Mainers hate us flatlanders because we know all their dirty little secrets. Well we had to learn the behavior from someone!Boy was he right. Some of the things that people do up here to animals is not to be believed. Greg I can't help it if people don't want to travel up here to shoot, especially since there are so many other shoots closer to where they live.That's a fact for sure, but it doesn't mean we won't have another nationals in Maine. When the Nationals were up here a lot of people I asked said they didn't want to come up here because it was too far. I mean it takes me 10 hours just to drive to Sid's shop from my house. I definitely should have moved south instead of north. Momentary lapse of reason or I'm just a plain idiot." Let me think about that :)

That's funny Greg. I hope u know I'm just bustin you guy's up here.

"Some of the things that people do up here to animals is not to be believed. "

Is this why you moved up there??? Asking for a friend......:cool:

Although some of you Mainers have a fixation with goats. This kid I knew who rented a house at the bottom of my road went to Kingfield to fix some guy's cable and he had a goat living with him in his trailer. He told me that the goat sht in his bedroom all the time. He said it was disgusting. Reminded me of the Eddie Murphy skit when he was talking about the cookout over his Uncle Gus and Aunt Bunny's house. He was telling off his Uncle Gus asking him why does he let the dog sht all over the house? He said it looks like MF furniture now. Then another neighbor told me that there is a house on the upper side of the mountain that I live on that those people have a goat in the kitchen. I mean now everytime I shoot down south either Cline, Dewey, Swader Miller or Steve Eller tell me that they are bringing a goat to the shoot to give to me to take back to Maine. I said to them, "I'm no Mainer and I don't play that sht.") LMFAO!

Last edited:
"Some of the things that people do up here to animals is not to be believed. "

Is this why you moved up there??? Asking for a friend......:cool:
I'd rather live up here than where you live David. Too many people. I mean you have a real nice set-up where u are, but once you go a couple of miles away it's way too congested for me. If I had to drive to work where your wife works and a 45 minute commute turns into a 2 hour traffic jam, I'd kill myself.

Last edited:
What's the difference where u live in this state since there is only one genepool in Maine. No wonder the people in Mass kicked out all the riff raff back in the 1800's and gave them their own state. When I first moved up here in 2005, I met my neighbor who is originally from CT who owns the muzzleloading shop at the bottom of my hill and one of the 1st things he said was Jim Bob these Mainers hate us flatlanders because we know all their dirty little secrets. Boy was he right. Some of the things that people do up here to animals is not to be believed. Greg I can't help it if people don't want to travel up here to shoot, especially since there are so many other shoots closer to where they live. When the Nationals were up here a lot of people I asked said they didn't want to come up here because it was too far. I mean it takes me 10 hours just to drive to Sid's shop from my house. I definitely should have moved south instead of north. Momentary lapse of reason or I'm just a plain idiot.

Would that be a Village Idiot Jim?

Would that be a Village Idiot Jim?
You got that right Mike. Reminds me of that saying when Obama was in office. Somewhere in Kenya a village is missing an idiot. Sorry to hear about your mentor Marshall Beam. I heard he was a hell of a guy.

Last edited:
I'd rather live up here than where you live David. Too many people. I mean you have a real nice set-up where u are, but once you go a couple of miles away it's way too congested for me. If I had to drive to work where your wife works and a 45 minute commute turns into a 2 hour traffic jam, I'd kill myself.

She threatens daily.

Back