Things You Should Avoid Doing When You Are Over 70.

I just wrote this to a friend.... "Golden Years" is a joke that's never funny. When we're younger it sounds like something special but when we're "Golden" we discover that the term was a big joke and it ain't funny. I suppose it is, but you have to say it and laugh really fast.

REALLY fast, or not at all......depending.....

LOL:D

Butch, several years ago a bunch of us were at a Nationals, (Dr Tim, John Horn, Scott Hunter, Dickey P Etc), and this subject came up. John Horn called it “Blue Steel”, and would make it so hard a cat couldn’t scratch it.”

I laughed for an hour.

That's funny cuz I heard of a gal referring to getting some as getting her cat scratched!

At my last doctors appointment I was told that I need to drink a little red wine because it`s good for you, and at age 74 my doctor told me that I probably needed a testosterone boost. My reply was that it was alcohol and testosterone that got me into most of the trouble I have been in, and that I`m content to sit on the porch and let the other dogs chase the cars.

Last edited:
Yep!

I just turned 67 and still climb 12/12 roofs (no I don't like it) but that's my job (insurance adjuster). I tell all the young guys if I fall I'll splatter and not bounce like them, the ol bones just won't take it. I'm moving more into flood work so I don't have to climb roofs. Living foolishly in my younger days and being a small business owner have contributed to my continued work (you know when you own your own business you have it made, right?). Stay safe!

I did many a roof as a young guy as my second job. Main job was fire fighter. Anything over 6:12 is a hooker if you’re putting composition shingles down. There was a guy, Mark Rose, Bench Rest shooter in Ohio who had two helpers named Brad. He used to say he puts shingle down with two brads.

I did many a roof as a young guy as my second job. Main job was fire fighter. Anything over 6:12 is a hooker if you’re putting composition shingles down. There was a guy, Mark Rose, Bench Rest shooter in Ohio who had two helpers named Brad. He used to say he puts shingle down with two brads.

How many benchrest shooters does it take to shingle a roof?

Just one if you slice him thin enough.

There is a rumor that when the Mexicans were charging the stockade around the Alamo carrying ladders that a defender said, "Look at all those roofers."

You know you're old when you go to the game and fish to buy a license, and the cute little 25 year old hottie that sells it to you is your grand-daughter.:p

And don't forget to ask for your senior discount. In NH, if you're 68 or over when you buy your license, it's only seven dollars for combination hunting and fishing. Muzzle-loader and archery are another three dollars each.

I'm 68 and I'm just now getting used to asking for senior discounts.

And don't forget to ask for your senior discount. In NH, if you're 68 or over when you buy your license, it's only seven dollars for combination hunting and fishing. Muzzle-loader and archery are another three dollars each.

I'm 68 and I'm just now getting used to asking for senior discounts.

In Iowa seniors can get a life time hunting license for around $55 or so. same for fishing and no annual conservation stamp needed.

Back