Things You Should Avoid Doing When You Are Over 70.

At 74 years I was helping sort cows back in October and was kicked on the upper thigh.

Lucky no broken bones, but it really, really, really, really hurt for a month.

I am now 75 and I am much smarter.

Deep bruises are like that.

makes a hard little knot in the muscle till the blood is re-absorbed by the body.

As you age falling becomes more and more of a real danger with sometimes serious consequences.

Older bones no longer flex without cracking.

Last edited:
I just wrote this to a friend.... "Golden Years" is a joke that's never funny. When we're younger it sounds like something special but when we're "Golden" we discover that the term was a big joke and it ain't funny. I suppose it is, but you have to say it and laugh really fast.

At 74 years I was helping sort cows back in October and was kicked on the upper thigh.

Lucky no broken bones, but it really, really, really, really hurt for a month.

I am now 75 and I am much smarter.

Hey John...if you get taken out by a rogue cow can I have your RBL?

Justin

Hey John...if you get taken out by a rogue cow can I have your RBL?

Justin

If you can pry it from my cold hands!

Same year, last year, I saw pictures of a guy that was bloody up real bad by a wild cow. He was carrying a overunder and really needed a semi-auto with a full magazine. He did shoot the cow at least once before getting to the hospital. Don't know if he had to file a police report or not.

Golden years

I just wrote this to a friend.... "Golden Years" is a joke that's never funny. When we're younger it sounds like something special but when we're "Golden" we discover that the term was a big joke and it ain't funny. I suppose it is, but you have to say it and laugh really fast.

These are the RUSTY YEARS.

Mystery Solved

Finally learned that turning a Two Step Stool, into a One Stepper, Hurts. Broken shooting arm and new opening in my head. Ouch!:rolleyes:

'Old age' is the one condition no one wants to leave though.

Old age, old age, old age.
I’ve had over 100 stitches in this handsome face and none of them show. I was 23 years old and took a hockey stick to the eye brow for 12 stitches and got back in the game. Those were the days before those sissy helmets and face guards. I was playing for the Seneca Falls Red Wings at that time. Shortly after that I was drafted, not by an NHL team but by the Army. I’ll trade “Those were the days” for “Golden Years” any time.
I was a lady’s man then.....not that night but............

Old age, old age, old age.
I’ve had over 100 stitches in this handsome face and none of them show. I was 23 years old and took a hockey stick to the eye brow for 12 stitches and got back in the game. Those were the days before those sissy helmets and face guards. I was playing for the Seneca Falls Red Wings at that time. Shortly after that I was drafted, not by an NHL team but by the Army. I’ll trade “Those were the days” for “Golden Years” any time.
I was a lady’s man then.....no t that night but............

I'am sure you were a "ladys man" back in the the day The surgery must have been a plus !

Just a little humor......I' m sure you had more hair then than now...... certainly in my case.

While the back of my head reflects more light everyday, the hair I need on the back my head grows out of my ears and nose.

As someone said before " The golden years are more about getting rusty"......I could use a lot of WD 40.

Mort

Jackie,
Glad to hear your gonna be ok.
I asked an old Portugeuse dairy farmer buddy of mine how he made it to 85.
"Got rid of every ladder I owned when I turned 65"
Made 65 last year, thinking its good advice!
Get well,
Greg

Being a Portagee myself the first thing to do is to get rid of the kicking cows. They can really kick ones behind in an instant and it can hurt like the Dickens. I once got kicked so hard by a fresh Cow having never been milked and being milked by hand to feed the calves. That if it was the kick or the wall it through me against that hurt the most?

Last edited:
Couple of months back I was trying to figure out why a pancake compressor I was given wouldn't run. Pulled everything apart, AC cord checked out okay, contactors did also as did the pressure regulator switch. Put the motor in my vise to see if it would run, as it was an aluminum framed motor I didn't crank down too hard on the vise. Pushed the hot and neutral leads into an extension cord and the torque of the motor caused it to jump out of the vise and chase me around the shop. It caught up with me and the stamped aluminum cooling fan proceeded grind a hole in my left palm.

Attachments

• HAND 2 24 2019.JPG
    HAND 2 24 2019.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 285
Face versus shower door

Hey Jackie,
I guess the arm might be better than your handsome face!
About 3 years ago while visiting my daughter, I somehow managed to double up on my blood pressure meds at night and the next morning passed out in the bath room and tried to move a shower door with my face. Luckily, I landed on the door track providing a nasty cut all way accross my upper lip that was stitched up by a plastic surgeon leaving no evidence of the collision.
Problem was that being as how I passed out I was not allowed to drive for 90 days. That was a the real pain!
Be CAREFUL!
Gene

Back