Xp-100 pistol to rifle....?

J

jGEE

I looked at my xp-100 pistol and thought about a rifle stock and change the bbl. The problem seems to be the trigger -xp-100 trigger (just the pull part or trigger itself) is extended about 4 or 5"-forward of the bolt.

Now i didn't look or go any forward, not familiar enough.

Will a normal rem trigger fit... it is a rem 600 action. thanks joe :confused:

Yes it will . The original Bolt stop is a PITA and most add an external such as a Hart or sinclair button

Last edited:
Yes it will . The original Bolt stop is a PITA and most add an external such as a Hart or sinclair button

Thanks Bob for the info........... I'm not to familiar with PITA??? yea i'm dumb at this, lol.... joe:eek:

They don't make XPs anymore. Screwing up one is to build a rifle is sacrilegious. The original triggers are hard to find and the very least you could do is not destroy the trigger

They don't make XPs anymore. Screwing up one is to build a rifle is sacrilegious. The original triggers are hard to find and the very least you could do is not destroy the trigger

He could simply make a Change Action deal of this and still remain Holy, eh?

I don't know if anyone does a Custom Action type Bolt Stop Conversion for these but that would be worf whatever the cost of it were IMHO.

Last edited:
Pain in the... Give your piles a BIG squeeze & you'll get one.
ok i know what it is now, lol..................:eek:

I would save everything! I still have the trigger balance assermby i took off over 10 years ago. I was thinking the rifle would be quieter than the fireball, no????......... probably a bad idea for the conversion anyway! joe:)

Back when the XP could be bought for under 200, lots of them were made into
BR rifles. Just throw away the $ 1.25 matell stock and get a trigger and bolt stop.
I have lots of spare XP triggers collecting dust

Did I hear MONEY for not screwing up an XP100???? Count me in if someone's buying trigger assemblies or actions so guys like me don't cut 'em up!

BTW I'm getting ready to hack a pre-64 308 into a hunting rifle too..... it's NRA 'very good.' This means about 500 bucks, IF you can find that buyer. To me this translates into "a reasonably priced, reasonably accurate and really reliable" action.

the sentimental gene skipped my generation

al

Back when the XP could be bought for under 200, lots of them were made into
BR rifles. Just throw away the $ 1.25 matell stock and get a trigger and bolt stop.
I have lots of spare XP triggers collecting dust

Send me a PM with the info on what you would charge for three of them complete with linkage.

Guys,, how can you tell the difference between a 700 and a 600 trigger. I have one but don't know which..

Guys,, how can you tell the difference between a 700 and a 600 trigger. I have one but don't know which..

Here is a pic of a 600 trigger on Gunbroker the add is here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=201795987#PIC

here is the pic from the add:
600TRIGGER.jpg

600%20TRIGGER.jpg
I have been looking and learning and it appears the 600 safety lever is more square on the end. joe

Mechmike has it right.The trigger shoe on a 600 action is in the middle of the housing.On a 700 action the shoe is at the end of the housing.They are interchangeable if you don't mind a trigger shoe that shortens the length of pull by atleast a 1/2 inch.
I tried it and didn't like the feel of the gun at all.
Rifle Basix used to make a true 600 trigger but they no longer do that.Now they sell you a 700 trigger and tell you to inlet the action farther forward.
Lynn

Back