World Individual Postal - 27th & 31st March 2013

B

Brian_K

World Individual Postal - 27th to 31st March 2013

We are looking to put together the last World Postal competition of this winter. The format will be same as for the January competition except this will be a three card event and we will also welcome rimfire shooters to take part (treat as a separate class).

All three cards are to be shot between March 27th to March 31st with the results to be in no later than 17:00GMT on Monday 1st April.

Basic rules:

UKBR22/World target

No calibre larger than .22 (all cards to be marked with a .22 gauge)

3 x targets at 25yds or 25m

The weight is unlimited as is the power of the scope. The power for air rifles should be whatever is legal in your own country.

Separate front rest and rear bags (no one piece rests allowed)

A competitor may only shoot once in each class i.e once in air rifle and once in rimfire.

A scoresheet will be provided closer to the date of the competition for all scores to be entered and submitted.

So far we have commitment from all those counties that took part in the January competition plus we will be welcoming shooters from the Ukraine and hopefully Canada.

Brian

BRIPMLogo_zps9af0e650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holbrook, MA will shoot Airgun. Will ask about Rimfire.

Brian,
You can count on Holbrook for 8-12 or more Air Rifle shooters.
Will see if anyone wants to shoot rimfire? Will have to run after the air rifle match as the ventilation system causes problems.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I think we will shoot air rifle one day and rimfire the next for the same reason you stated.

The Canadians have confirmed they will be taking part in the event, so that's good.

Brian

Last Winter Postal

Brian,
Wild River Air Rifles will try to keep up with Paul and the Holbrook Hombres.
Mike Hopkins
Match Director

Thanks Mike. I think we'll have to be on our toes with these Ukrainians. Been looking at some of their domestic scores......very good.

The UKBR22 have again kindly donated medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in both air and rimfire.

Brian

The UKBR22 have again kindly donated medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in both air and rimfire.

"hey everyone"
we again accept the challenge. good luck. :)

Last edited:
How can I participate? I'm guessing a postal match is done through the mail? Any info on how to get started would be great.
Thanks,
Shawn

How can I participate? I'm guessing a postal match is done through the mail? Any info on how to get started would be great.
Thanks,
Shawn

Hi Shawn,

First thing you'll need are some targets if you are not already a member of a club that uses one of the accepted World Targets.

Are you based in the USA? If so Paul Bendix (ModelA) may be able to help you out.

Scores are sent by email, I'll be putting up a link to the spreadsheet next week (maybe even a dedicated website if I get the time)

Brian

Holbrook ???

Brian,
The only date I could get the Holbrook indoor Range to shoot the UK World Postal Match is Sat. March 23. Any way we can shoot that date and have our scores count?

Thanks,
Paul Bendix

Brian,
The only date I could get the Holbrook indoor Range to shoot the UK World Postal Match is Sat. March 23. Any way we can shoot that date and have our scores count?

Thanks,
Paul Bendix

Most certainly Paul, would be no fun without the Holbrook gang in attendance :D

Some great scores again I see, well done.

Brian

International Postal Website

I've put together a website for the International Postal matches, for no other reason than to have everything in one place rather than spread over several threads and even forums.

http://www.benchpostal.com/index.html

There’s still much work to do on it such as a links page, more gallery pictures and a general tidy up. I've measured the rings on the World Target to try and ensure uniformity worldwide. I’m pretty sure the 25m targets are correct but have some doubt about the 50m (in particular the 6 ring). If anyone finds any mistakes there or elsewhere on the website please let me know and I’ll correct it.

Everything should now be in place for the postal competition later this month, presently we have ten countries involved with possibly another waiting in the wings.

Good luck.

Brian

I've put together a website for the International Postal matches, for no other reason than to have everything in one place rather than spread over several threads and even forums.

Good luck.

Brian

congratulations,
finally a website really devoted to all the shooters. without hypocrisies.
well done brian
long life to benchrest:)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Just checked the weather for your part of the world. Looks as though it’s going to get a little better for the weekend, but still cold. If it changes and you want to delay things a little let me know, there’s nothing set in stone.

I will be a little late with the final results anyway as some of our scores are coming from a competition held on Monday the 1st of April and I won’t get home until later that evening.

Brian

Brian,

I was just on the new website and it's great. I especially love the rules as they make sense. Just the basic nuts and bolts to shooting.

Man was I ever surprised when I opened the photo gallery only to see my puss as being the first. It was from last summers NY North East Regional match in Salem, New York. The gun pictured is not mine but one of Chip Smith's wonderful SUMO's (a prototype at the time). What a gun!!! Later on in the photos you will see Paul Bendix sitting at the same gun (note the umbrella in the background in both photos). A few of us were given the opportunity to shoot it, and what a joy it was. It's laser accurate. With my run I piled 5 shots one on top of the next into a single hole.

Again, great job with all you are doing.

Dave

Thanks Dave, and keep the photos coming, I’ll try to get them into a separate album for each competition.

Hopefully I’ll get to play with some of those rifles later this year (pending grandchild and mother hen permitting :D)

Brian

Brian,

All you gotta do is make it over for Todd Banks' Big East Coast Blowout Shoot in June. Everything you've ever been dreaming about will be there for the asking: to try that is, not necessarily to buy. :( :( :(

Dave

Brian,

All you gotta do is make it over for Todd Banks' Big East Coast Blowout Shoot in June

That's the plan Dave, I hear it's the biggest show in town.

A little sightseeing as well - Greenwich, Dorset, Washington, Chester, Rutland, Shrewsbury, Plymouth......... if you didn't drive on the wrong side of the road, I would think I was at home :D

Brian

Brian,
Cambridge is right down the road, too. If you need to ask directions to get to Greenwich, you'll have to pronounce it differently than you do in the UK. Here it's Green Wich, while about 150 miles south of here in Connecticut, they pronounce it like you do.
Looking forward to having you shoot with us in June!!
Todd

Looking forward to meeting and shooting with you as well.

Dave

Back