Wolf primers at Wideners

You don't want to do that. That would only give you .175 fall, and that's not enough, even with a stiffer spring.

Haven't tried it yet, but I think I can get the fall back by screwing the firing pin farther into the cocking piece. There is plenty of space left at the bottom of the cocking ramp in the bolt for the cocking piece to fall farther without the firing pin hitting its stop.

I checked my other Wichita, and it has a cocking piece with a sear surface that extends 0.057" less. The handoff in that gun is the opposite - it drops the cocking piece a long way (haven't measured how far), causing a loud click during bolt closing and has only 0.150" fall (and won't fire Wolf primers). I plan to trade cocking pieces between these two rifles. I hope this will make both guns better. The first gun should end up with 0.013" of cock on closing and the second should have 0.057" less drop to the trigger sear.

Hopefully,
Keith

I bought 50,000 Wolf Small Rifle Magnums (from more than one seller) just after shift change at the White House. I only have 7 1/2 cases left which means I've burned up about 12,000 or so primers. Well, I did give a box to a friend of mine. Anyway, I have had no issues at all with any. I have shot them in three different Borden rifles, 6 different ARs and I have no idea how many Savage rifles.

If any of you want to get rid of your Wolf primers, send them to me.

Adrian

I have been using them. I have had two failures but I have had failures with all the others so I don't think the Wolf is any better or worse than any of the other's. I use a lot of Mature cases and like the larger O.D.; allows me to get more life out of them "Mature" cases.

Seating Depth

In looking around on the web about Wolf primers FTF I find seating depth called into question.
Jerry in post # 7 of this thread notes Wolf primers are .005" shorter than others. Run a Google search for "Wolf primers not seated deep enough". You will find several items.

I have used over 1000 Wolf SRM primers in my 6 BR with 0 FTF.

Jeffrey Tooker

Back