Wilson Seater ?

btc624

I am going to purchase a wilson seater from Sinclairs for my 6ppc which isnt here yet? but in their description they list two different seaters for the 6ppc. One simply states 6ppc and the other one states 6ppc oversized. Im not sure which one i need. My gun will be chambered with a .269 neck. Im thinking i need the standard 6ppc and that the oversized one would be for something like the 6ppc-usa. Can someone tell me for sure? Yep I'm ah newbie with lots tah learn?

call them and ask, but i am pretty sure you will need a std seater....i did a thicker neck and used a s std seater.

One simply states 6ppc and the other one states 6ppc oversized. Im not sure which one i need. My gun will be chambered with a .269 neck. Im thinking i need the standard 6ppc and that the oversized one would be for something like the 6ppc-usa. Can someone tell me for sure?
You may be a newbie but I think you have a very good grasp on the situation.
Dick

Yea get a wilson blank and have your gunsmith ream it with the same reamer. Or send some cases to whidden and get both dies cut perfect. Cases or a reamer print. His dies are out of this world

I just had to know,

Your question regarding a 6mmPPC Wilson chamber bullet seating die and a 6mm ppc Oversize die piqued my interest so I wrote to Wilson. Today I received their reply.

LE Wilson Co.
Customer Service, June 29, 2015 8:33 AM
"The oversize was designed to be used with SAKO actions but also works for our customers in Europe since most chambers are oversized in that region.
Unless you know you have a greatly oversized gun go with the standard. When you receive the die, test fit a few rounds to see how they go in the die, they should slide in just flush with the bottom of the die. If they are protruding, you will need to send it in to us for headspace adjustment. But this will only be for about 2% of the PPC's out there.
customerservice@lewilson.com

Hope this helps,
Centerfire

Back