What's Your Ride?

You're right Jim. I've seen guys ride those bikes to the track through traffic and lay down jaw-dropping ETs. Me? I like doors and a roll-cage.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com
I'm with ya Lee. I still have 2 bikes but I don't ride them much at all. Kinda lost interest in them. Isn't as bad up here in the Boonies of Maine vs where I lived in Massachusetts as far as riding goes. You just have to watch out for the animals in the road up here. You wouldn't want to tangle with a 1000 lbs moose or a 450 lb Maine farm girl that happened to be in the road.

Last edited:
Yo Calvin.... first let me say I'm NOT a dawg person! over 35yrs married raising a passel of kids and we've never had a dog on the place. But I was raised with working dogs (coon hounds, bird and cattle dogs) and I do know canines..... that was AWESOME!! 29 teams, 300+ hyped up mutts and not a fight one.

Great Start

Great Training there.....

Thanks

made my day

Al

Ain't got a car to post.....I'm now into "Adventure Bikes" LOL nuttin' like being down in the dirt with an 1150.....

OT Sorry
Al, Two of my longtime friends came through from Yamhill, Oregon . They were actually towing their bikes this time to Daytona Beach. Normally they ride down and back. This time the old men brought their dirt bikes. They are camping and off road riding on the way. Terry is 78yrs old and Lynn is 76. They had a couple 660cc Kawasaki single 4stroke bikes. I believe they were KT660 Tenere . Said the were low powered combo mdirt bike things. He normally has KTMs. I hope he doesn't grow up.
Al, if you are ever in his area he has a very nice fab. shop. He is mostly into old bikes. He plays a lot and a little project that he did recently was adapt a 5 valve late model OHC head to an ancient Excelsior single. Made his own toothed pulleys and found the proper length timing belt.
You would really like spending a day with him.

Dave, Did enjoy the ride. I had the volume on kill. Can you blow the speakers on a PC? Nice to hear someone bang a 4 speed.

Thanks guys. Just old school stuff I am having a good time with.

Later
Dave

Great video ,Dave. I'm not sure I could even handle a 4-speed any more. You definetally know what you are doing, and having a good time doing it.

What ratio do you have in the rear end?

Great video ,Dave. I'm not sure I could even handle a 4-speed any more. You definetally know what you are doing, and having a good time doing it.

What ratio do you have in the rear end?

4:30 right now but if I break that I will go with 4:56 or maybe 4:88 Yep, definitely having a good time.

I use to run a Jr Stocker until I went for the rail, and I had a 4.11 and went with a 4.56, that's was the only thing available at the time. You know the times staid the same but I was more consistant with my runs. Oh well, the good old days.

Bill
I hated to see the Jr. Stockers go. Another class the spectators couldn't appreciate. I'm going to guess and say you ran a small block in a station wagon.

Bill
The Jr. Stock car I remember belonged to John Diana. I saw him race at Riverside. The front of that car was really loose. I think he worked for Hot Rod magazine.

Dave.
If you are going through the lights at a lower RPM than your shift points you could use a little more gear. If you are fast and happy and don't want to hurt that motor, please ignore everything I just said.

Back