What's your favorite front rest.

zanemoseley

Just bought my first rimfire BR, got the custom Anschutz 1913 in the classified section. I'm thinking of getting a front rest as some of the local club matches don't allow 1 piece rests. I've thought of getting a Seb but at the moment can't handle the wait, might get one later to have a coax and a standard front rest, also the used Sebs go for new prices which I'm not doing.

So what is your favorite front rest, preferably something either in stock or less than a month lead time. I'm looking at the Randolph/Fulghum and the Sinclair competition rest. Any others I should look at?

Just bought my first rimfire BR, got the custom Anschutz 1913 in the classified section. I'm thinking of getting a front rest as some of the local club matches don't allow 1 piece rests. I've thought of getting a Seb but at the moment can't handle the wait, might get one later to have a coax and a standard front rest, also the used Sebs go for new prices which I'm not doing.

So what is your favorite front rest, preferably something either in stock or less than a month lead time. I'm looking at the Randolph/Fulghum and the Sinclair competition rest. Any others I should look at?

Really no reason to look any further than the Randolph. The top design should not be overlooked IMO.

What top do you like? Heard someone raving about the Pqp fuzz button top but not sure how compatible it is on the Randolph. Also pricey at $220 just for the top but might be worth it.

Last edited:
I like the joysticks

It's sure nice to be able to go quickly from the sighter to the record target without turning knobs. If I were to buy a new one it would be a Lenzi.

Pete

My brand new Randolph/Fulghum just arrived last night. I couldn’t be happier with it. I sold my Seb Neo in favor of it. The guy I bought my Seb Neo from sold it to me after going back to traditional knob rest.

Some folks like coax and some prefer traditional knobs. Try it for yourself and see which camp you fall into. This is one of those things that no one can help you decide no matter how experienced. It’s personal preference.

Edited to add, Dan Greenlaw makes some really nice tops for this Rest. Take a look at his if you haven’t. Great guy to deal deal with.

R6y78ua.jpg

Last edited:
Should you desire a SEB, be aware that rarely a month goes by that one does not come up on one of the classifieds.
Lots of good choices, as mentioned, none of them any better than a SEB just different.

My brand new Randolph/Fulghum just arrived last night. I couldn’t be happier with it. I sold my Seb Neo in favor of it. The guy I bought my Seb Neo from sold it to me after going back to traditional knob rest.

Some folks like coax and some prefer traditional knobs. Try it for yourself and see which camp you fall into. This is one of those things that no one can help you decide no matter how experienced. It’s personal preference.

Edited to add, Dan Greenlaw makes some really nice tops for this Rest. Take a look at his if you haven’t. Great guy to deal deal with.

View attachment 23388

Which rest top is that on your Randolph rest?

Back